86 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Hi,

I'm still on S1V3 and my S1V4 demo period is over, can anyone verify if the following issues are resolved?

1. "Edit with Melodyne" opens audio editor instead of Melodyne window.

2. Solo-safe busses (Shift+solo) - unable to listen in solo, described in detail here:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30785

3. Import song data - cannot import from templates, described here:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30356&p=173812#p173812

4. Copy & paste audio events broken when using templates, described here:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30784&p=176797#p176797

5. Tracks in Console jumping around when using templates with busses and fx channels:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=24132

6. Inacurrate automation timing:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=22254

Thanks!

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by robertgray3 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:21 am
Thanks for the hard work guys! From the list it looks like a ton of the v4 issues I was keeping track of are taken care of, even ones that seemed to be pretty recently reported!

Haven't explored every aspect of it yet so far the main Sample One v3 compatibility issues were improved greatly.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by gaetzsch on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 am
no problem with Melodyne, all works fine now

Windows 11, Intel I5-12600K, Gigabyte Z690 GAMING DDR4, 32 GB RAM, Presonus R65, ESP 400 Series Telecaster, Ibanez LR 750, Fender Precision Bass, Focusrite Clarett 8+ Pre, SSL UF-8, Studio One 6.5 Pro, EZ Drummer 3, Melodyne Studio, VocAlign Project 5

https://www.justsimplyclyde.com
by andreasmller1 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:19 pm
wdkbeats wrote1. "Edit with Melodyne" opens audio editor instead of Melodyne window.

I can reproduce that when an audio event is longer than 90 bars. If I make 2 slices and want to use Melodyne the audio editor opens instead. Below 90 bars everything is normal and the Melodyne editor opens directly on the sliced part. The length of the audio event seems to be crucial to reproduce this behaviour and there need to be sliced parts.

Windows 11 (64 Bit), Studio One Professional 5.5.2 (64 Bit), i7-12700K, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080
by jpettit on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:41 pm
andreasmller1 wrote
wdkbeats wrote1. "Edit with Melodyne" opens audio editor instead of Melodyne window.

I can reproduce that when an audio event is longer than 90 bars. If I make 2 slices and want to use Melodyne the audio editor opens instead. Below 90 bars everything is normal and the Melodyne editor opens directly on the sliced part. The length of the audio event seems to be crucial to reproduce this behaviour and there need to be sliced parts.

Could you please put this in step format To reproduce?
Thanks

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by andreasmller1 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:27 pm
I can always reproduce it with the following steps:

- Create an empty song
- Load a sample with a length >90 bars in that new song
- Make 2 slices anywhere
- Right click on the sliced event and edit with Melodyne
- The audio editor opens instead of the Melodyne editor
- When the audio editor is closed the next double click on the slice opens the Melodyne editor correctly

This doesn´t happen with events shorter than 90 bars on my system.

Windows 11 (64 Bit), Studio One Professional 5.5.2 (64 Bit), i7-12700K, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080
by wdkbeats on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 pm
andreasmller1 wroteI can always reproduce it with the following steps:

- Create an empty song
- Make 2 slices anywhere
- When the audio editor is closed the next double click on the slice opens the Melodyne editor correctly

On my system the same happens no matter the length of an audio track.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by garyshepherd on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:16 pm
wdkbeats wrote

- Create an empty song
- Make 2 slices anywhere

On my system the same happens no matter the length of an audio track.

Yes - this is a bug. Try to open Melodyne and first time the normal editor opens up - close that and ask again and then Melodyne opens. This occurs in any song, and is regardless of audio length. All you have to do is select an audio event, click edit with Melodyne, and the normal editor opens (which I never use anyway - I snip and cut in the arrange page and then go straight to Melodyne).

Is anyone reporting this back to Presonus? I can raise a ticket if necessary. This is a really annoying bug and may necessitate a return to the previous version.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by jpettit on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:31 pm
garyshepherd wrote
wdkbeats wrote

1- Create an empty song
2- Load a sample with a length >90 bars in that new song
3- Make 2 slices anywhere
4- Right click on the sliced event and edit with Melodyne
5- The audio editor opens instead of the Melodyne editor
6- When the audio editor is closed the next double click on the slice opens the Melodyne editor correctly

A) 1) On my system the same happens no matter the length of an audio track.

B)
1) Try to open Melodyne and first time the normal editor opens up
2) close that and ask again and then Melodyne opens.
3) This occurs in any song, and is regardless of audio length.

1) All you have to do is select an audio event, click edit with Melodyne, and the normal editor opens (which I never use anyway - I snip and cut in the arrange page and then go straight to Melodyne).

We have different conditions and symptoms listed but, not happening here with a shorter than 90 bar test on Win 10.
1- Create an empty song
2- Load a sample or record 8 bars
3- Right-click on the event and edit with Melodyne
5- The audio editor opens with Melodyne editor

I see we have two WIn7 and a Mac user anyone can confirm on Windows 10?
UPDATE: just had it happen once with a stereo file vs mono file. (not sure that means anything yet)

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by muziksculp on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:11 pm
Hi,

Updated to S1Pro 4.01, now my Faderport 8 is not detecting Studio One, so not working. I updated Universal Control Application to ver. 2.8, Fader Port Firmware Ver. 2.02

Any Help to fix this would be appreciated.

UPDATE: (Issue Fixed)

OK. FP8 Working with S1Pro 4 after I re-booted my PC.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Studio One Pro 6.0.2 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by garyshepherd on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:42 pm
I have submitted a support ticket for the Melodyne edit bug.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by wdkbeats on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:24 am
wdkbeats wrote
garyshepherd wroteI have submitted a support ticket for the Melodyne edit bug.

Thank you! What about the rest of the bugs I mentioned? Anyone?

2. Solo-safe busses (Shift+solo) - unable to listen in solo, described in detail here:

5. Tracks in Console jumping around when using templates with busses and fx channels:

by garyshepherd on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 am
wdkbeats wrote
wdkbeats wrote

I have only submitted the one I know about concerning Melodyne editing. Someone else needs to submit other bug reports - why can't you do this?

by jpettit on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:55 am
wdkbeats wrote
wdkbeats wrote

Not all issues reported have been fixed. They make the priority call.

2) I reported to developers
3) Import data is what it is by design at the moment. Buses can be imported if associated with automation track. It will improve over time or an actual track will be added over time.
4) This was only reproducible in the broken song submitted and was never reported. More work here to figure out how to recreate that broken scenario.
5) Bbd looks like he found the15 step procedure to recreate it and he can report it when he returns from vacation.
6) Old one but I believe never reported. Jemusic was the last to work with that one. Perhaps he can take it to the next step?

by garyshepherd on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 pm
wdkbeats wrote
1. "Edit with Melodyne" opens audio editor instead of Melodyne window.

Reply from the Support Ticket - seeming to imply at first this is not a bug and then updated to show its noted and may be fixed in future updates.

Technical Support

Maybe not a bug in the literal sense but more perhaps just a minor change in behavior from version 3. No need to close anything there, just double click the clip and the Melodyne editor should appear.

Quick update: We've logged this internally. If or when it changes you will see it in possible future version release notes.

by danielbayer on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:38 pm
Overall I'm very pleased with all the new features and the bug fixes in v4 .

Today I noticed some very strange things though. I use external synthesizers and there is always some MIDI jitter going on. So, when I record my drums from a drum expander they are never exactly on the grid. This has nothing to do with S1 - it's a general problem with MIDI. To remedy this I quantize the audio afterwards. This worked fine in v3 except that the quantization always put them a bit too early, but this was no problem.

Today I did the same in v4 and then I saw that basically every drum hit was quantized differently because the transients were not detected correctly. OK ... I moved the bend markers and quantized them manually which was combersome already. Then I bounced the events. Afterwards the quantization was off again. So, bouncing the audio events changed the timing of the audio. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Did anyone else notice this? How are we supposed to quantize drums if things like these happen? It seems like something was changed that worked fine in v3?!

Hackintosh with i7 8700K, z370 chipset, 32GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.13.3
RME Fireface UC & Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (Aggregate Device)
Studio One 3.5.5
by nicolasfalcon on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:58 pm
Hi ya'll (yes, ya'll)
Is anybody familiar with PreSonus sale seasons? When can we expect a sale to happen? or some promo codes for upgrading from S14 Artist to Pro? Maybe on the Black Friday only? Is it really a sale offer or just some low discount?
I really want to use VTS and note fx but I can't on artist. Do you guys advice to buy better the VTS add on? or should I wait and save money for pro?
Pro is too expensive for my country. I think I'll take me more than a year to save all that jush! :cry:
Hope to hear any comments from you guys.
Thanks in advance

Desktop (PC)
Windows 10 (64 bits)
Intel Core Duo i5 7400 @ 3.00 GHz
Memory(RAM): 16 GB
HD: 931GB
Studio One Professional
Yamaha YPT 330
M-Audio keystation 61 MK3
Korg padKontrol
AudioBox 96
Presonus Eris E3.5
Shure SM7B
by Jemusic on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:57 pm
danielbayer wroteOverall I'm very pleased with all the new features and the bug fixes in v4 .

Today I noticed some very strange things though. I use external synthesizers and there is always some MIDI jitter going on. So, when I record my drums from a drum expander they are never exactly on the grid. This has nothing to do with S1 - it's a general problem with MIDI. To remedy this I quantize the audio afterwards. This worked fine in v3 except that the quantization always put them a bit too early, but this was no problem.

Today I did the same in v4 and then I saw that basically every drum hit was quantized differently because the transients were not detected correctly. OK ... I moved the bend markers and quantized them manually which was combersome already. Then I bounced the events. Afterwards the quantization was off again. So, bouncing the audio events changed the timing of the audio. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Did anyone else notice this? How are we supposed to quantize drums if things like these happen? It seems like something was changed that worked fine in v3?!

Check that Input Quantise is not ON. This is very easy to overlook. It has fooled me a few times that is for sure.

Which interface are you using to get the midi in. The RME or the Focusrite. Maybe the the whole aggregate device thing is not working too well. I have never been a fan.

FYI I am running a separate midi interface (Steinberg Midex 8) on its own USB port that is plugged into a PCI card that provides multiple USB outputs. Timing is exceptional for me on V4. No jitter. Everything plays back perfectly so Studio One is actually excellent in this regard. In fact better than many other DAW's. Midi timing is one of its exceptional features. Whether the midi data is quantised or not.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by danielbayer on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:14 am
Jemusic wrote
danielbayer wroteOverall I'm very pleased with all the new features and the bug fixes in v4 .

Check that Input Quantise is not ON. This is very easy to overlook. It has fooled me a few times that is for sure.

Which interface are you using to get the midi in. The RME or the Focusrite. Maybe the the whole aggregate device thing is not working too well. I have never been a fan.

FYI I am running a separate midi interface (Steinberg Midex 8) on its own USB port that is plugged into a PCI card that provides multiple USB outputs. Timing is exceptional for me on V4. No jitter. Everything plays back perfectly so Studio One is actually excellent in this regard. In fact better than many other DAW's. Midi timing is one of its exceptional features. Whether the midi data is quantised or not.

Thank you for this answer. 'Input Quantize' was activated in this project, indeed. I almost never use it, which would explain why I never had this issue before.
I also tried to replicate the issue in a fresh song, to create a song file that I can send to Presonus and there everything was fine and IQ was off in this case. So I think, this is the answer.

Regarding MIDI jitter - I get that a dedicated card may improve USB performance/stability and I will try to find a similar PCI card that works with a Mac/Hackintosh (although both interfaces have their own dedicated USB3 port). This is a good hint, so thank you again.

Hackintosh with i7 8700K, z370 chipset, 32GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.13.3
RME Fireface UC & Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (Aggregate Device)
Studio One 3.5.5
by PreAl on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:32 am
danielbayer wroteRegarding MIDI jitter - I get that a dedicated card may improve USB performance/stability and I will try to find a similar PCI card that works with a Mac/Hackintosh (although both interfaces have their own dedicated USB3 port). This is a good hint, so thank you again.

Looking at your signature what you have should work just fine. I'm not a Mac user, if you were a windows user I would recommend full uninstall of your audio drivers, reboot and reinstall to refresh things (important to reboot half way). Obviously using latest drivers and firmware. Maybe that will apply to you (or not)..

Also try different USB ports (plug in direct).
MIDI does not take much bandwidth btw.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

86 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5