203 postsPage 7 of 11
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Bbd wrote
kev4 wroteI'm probably missing something here because I'm not particularly puter savvy but I have the latest S1/3 and it works great..I try to open the trial of S1/4 and it will not open, does that not mean that somethings wrong with S1/4?
not trying to start a flame war or anything but If they've moved on and stopped supporting certain puters or certain graphics drivers wouldn't they say so?
reverting to older drivers is daft :roll: you pay your money..it should work
If I'd bought S1/4 I wouldn't be able to even open it...and suggestions that I should reconfigure my puter are IMHO not right, Presonus need to reconfigure their sofware or start giving peeps their money back.. :)

As PreAI stated, you should open a support ticket for your specific issue. No need to complain or bash Presonus on this forum. Please try to get the help you need.

Thanks.

I don't need help, I'm using cubase until presonus gets it together, I'm not slagging presonus or anyone/thing else, merely just talking about the problem..that I believe should not exist..
S1/4 will be the DAW i use when it works, I'm not into trying to figure out why it will not work or workarounds...cubase will do at the mo...I love S1 :)

https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... https://knmac.bandcamp.com/... Studio one 4 on Windows 10 Yamaha N8.
by PreAl on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:28 pm
Life is a lemon ;)
(Sorry Meatloaf joke, as you were..).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by georgewarner on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:01 am
donaldbaarns wroteHere's the link to the 388.71 driver (Dec 17, 2017) that appears to work for everybody who tested it so far. IF it works/doesn't for you, please let us know.

(At least it provides a workaround for those who need something until PreSonus and/or Nvidia figure out who has the issue.)

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 8426/en-us

Thank you all. installing Nvidia 388.71 driver has allowed me to use S1 4.
by Skaperverket on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 am
Loving this. Not because I enjoy incompatibilities or bugs, or even people being affected by them, but it just goes to show how some small and far fetched causes like settings, drivers and other dependencies can render our systems pretty much unusable. Remember to backup, folks. Or even multi-boot if you see a need to.

Edit: syntax; for clarity.
Last edited by Skaperverket on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by PreAl on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:01 am
^^ Yup this.

I always back up, but just got caught out with Waves plugins by upgrading to version 10 today. So dumb of me. By default all my version 9 plugins got removed. Took me 2 hours to fix it so V9 and V10 can work side by side, and was a big PITA. Their new Waves Central application does not support V9 by design which frankly is damn stupid... I'm more inclined to think it's designed to make you upgrade (maybe not so stupid).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by wonder6oy on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:56 pm
PreAl wrote^^ Yup this.

I always back up, but just got caught out with Waves plugins by upgrading to version 10 today. So dumb of me. By default all my version 9 plugins got removed. Took me 2 hours to fix it so V9 and V10 can work side by side, and was a big PITA. Their new Waves Central application does not support V9 by design which frankly is damn stupid... I'm more inclined to think it's designed to make you upgrade (maybe not so stupid).

I'M STUCK HERE AS WELL.

Please share how you fixed this! Uninstalling/reinstalling is not working. I am getting VST2 versions of plugs that should be VST3 and they are not loading correctly in previous sessions. Workflow at a dead standstill - need help!

S13P / Win 10 system btw.

system specs: Studio One 5.1.0, Windows 10 64bit, Intel I7 8700K
by PreAl on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:30 pm
wonder6oy wrote
PreAl wrote^^ Yup this.

I'M STUCK HERE AS WELL.

Please share how you fixed this! Uninstalling/reinstalling is not working. I am getting VST2 versions of plugs that should be VST3 and they are not loading correctly in previous sessions. Workflow at a dead standstill - need help!

S13P / Win 10 system btw.

Suggest creating a separate thread don't want to hijack. Cheers.

by markluljak on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:35 pm
Come -on- already. When is PreSonus going to step up to the plate and deliver a working version for Win7 for people who have updated drivers?

What's the first thing -they- would want you to do if you had problems? Update all your drivers. Every company does.

So, having updated drivers to satisfy all normal vendors, we're utterly screwed until PreSonus gets it in gear.

And I paid for this experience, did I?

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, i7 4960X @ 3.6GHz, 64GB DDR3, ASUS Rampage IV Black, 1TB Samsung Evo Pro 850 SSD, 6TB WD Black HDD x 2, Creative ZxR, EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified, 2160p resolution, Oxygen 61 and AKAI MPD-232 MIDI, ZEDi 10FX
by PreAl on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:54 am
Yawn.

by markluljak on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:26 am
PreAl wroteYawn.

It's been two months. bleep you and your yawn. Bloody fanboy.

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, i7 4960X @ 3.6GHz, 64GB DDR3, ASUS Rampage IV Black, 1TB Samsung Evo Pro 850 SSD, 6TB WD Black HDD x 2, Creative ZxR, EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified, 2160p resolution, Oxygen 61 and AKAI MPD-232 MIDI, ZEDi 10FX
by donaldbaarns on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:03 am
markluljak wroteCome -on- already. When is PreSonus going to step up to the plate and deliver a working version for Win7 for people who have updated drivers?

What's the first thing -they- would want you to do if you had problems? Update all your drivers. Every company does.

So, having updated drivers to satisfy all normal vendors, we're utterly screwed until PreSonus gets it in gear.

I'm also assuming you filed a bug report with Nvidia?

While I have no idea, it's still possible it's their issue rather than S1.

Their Win10 drivers are working, so it still could be something in their code base for Win7. When I read the release notes for the Nvidia drivers, it lists a section at the end outlining known issues with Win7, and some issues they say won't be addressed. (Meaning they know their drivers aren't perfect, they have some issues they haven't addressed.) I'm suspect they pick and choose which issues impact the greatest number of users too... and how difficult a fix might be...

Again, this could be S1 related, and I don't really care, but I suspect you get the best chance for a fix if Nvidia is also in the loop on this issue.

Hopefully PreSonus will have a workaround soon, even if it's not their issue. Over my pay grade to say...

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by markluljak on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:26 am
donaldbaarns wrote
markluljak wroteCome -on- already. When is PreSonus going to step up to the plate and deliver a working version for Win7 for people who have updated drivers?

I'm also assuming you filed a bug report with Nvidia?

While I have no idea, it's still possible it's their issue rather than S1.

Their Win10 drivers are working, so it still could be something in their code base for Win7. When I read the release notes for the Nvidia drivers, it lists a section at the end outlining known issues with Win7, and some issues they say won't be addressed. (Meaning they know their drivers aren't perfect, they have some issues they haven't addressed.) I'm suspect they pick and choose which issues impact the greatest number of users too... and how difficult a fix might be...

Again, this could be S1 related, and I don't really care, but I suspect you get the best chance for a fix if Nvidia is also in the loop on this issue.

Hopefully PreSonus will have a workaround soon, even if it's not their issue. Over my pay grade to say...

No I have not, as every single other application and game works fine with NVidia's drivers.

Also, S1v3 works just fine on the same exact drivers, at the same resolution. That says everything you need to know, right there.

Support says that the devs at PreSonus are aware of the issue. Support says they can't tell me if/when the devs will get off their arses and do anything about it.

The lack of customer service at PreSonus is absolutley appalling. They almost make Steinberg look good.

by donaldbaarns on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:39 am
No stress from me.

I just looked at their release notes. Not all apps work with their latest drivers, but again, just trying to assist.

I was a developer earlier in life. Just because it works for most or with other versions, doesn't mean it isn't a bug in their software. You can make the same argument in reverse from S1. It works fine with their Win10 drivers, so the issue might be with Nvidia.

Again: PreSonus might find a way to code around it, or IF it's an Nvidia bug, they won't, because it's thankless to do that, then have Nvideo adjust their drivers later and have it break the workaround.

Often far more complex than it appears from the outside.

Anyway, I hope they fix it, it won't surprise me if they don't...

As long as Nvidia doesn't know it's an issue, they can't even issue guidance to PreSonus. (They may know the exact issue...) Both firms aren't going to be excited investing lots of time in those drivers as they only have a year to go before they drop support.

Their future is Win10 on the Windows side. Love it, hate it, it's where all future development will go...

Best to you and I hope you find a resolve soon.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by tuzemec on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 am
Sweet.

Using the most widely used desktop OS - check.
Using the most widely used video card brand - check.
Using the latest stable video drivers - check.
Using the latest S1 version - check.
Stuck on the plugin scan - check.

Fix for that, let's say, not that rare combination - nope.

Not cool at all, Presonus...

1070 with Win7 if anyone wanders.

edit:
Just... can't wrap my head around it... the problematic 39x drivers are available since January...

// Win10, RME 802, Faderport 1, AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO, MSI 1070 Gaming X
// Catalina, RME Babyface Pro FS, MBP 15" 2019
by PreAl on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:06 am
tuzemec wroteSweet.

edit:
Just... can't wrap my head around it... the problematic 39x drivers are available since January...

Actually Win10 is now more popular now.

Using an OS that hasn't been sold for 4 years - check.

Using an OS that had mainsteam support expired 3 years ago - check.

Can't be bothered to upgrade to a more later more supported operating system with better all round support - check.

Writing a post not knowing if this could be a Studio One, nVidia or Windows 7 or combination, just blaming Presonus by default - check.

Writing an "are we there yet?" post knowing that the issue can be simply worked around (as others are doing) by rolling back display drivers until patch comes out - check.

Showing no patience or ability to handle simple workarounds - check.

Only two posts to his name - both of them complaints, you seem familiar to me - check.

References:

https://bleepingcomputer.com/news/micro ... s-version/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... fact-sheet

by tuzemec on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 am
PreAl wrote
tuzemec wroteSweet.

edit:

Can't be bothered to upgrade to a more later more supported operating system with better all round support - check.

Writing a post not knowing if this could be a Studio One, nVidia or Windows 7 or combination, just blaming Presonus by default - check.

Writing an "are we there yet?" post knowing that the issue can be simply worked around (as others are doing) by rolling back display drivers until patch comes out - check.

Only two posts to his name - both of them complaints, you seem familiar to me - check.

References:

Dude... :shock:
Did you even read the article with the Windows usage?
Apart of that Windows 7 is listed as a supported OS on the S1 tech specs page: https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/tech-specs

And yeah - rolling back the drivers is a quick and dirty fix acceptable for a week or something after discovering the issue. Ok, maybe a couple of weeks. Or a month.
What if I have other software that depends on drivers released in January?
Not releasing a hot-fix is a sloppy job. People on the forum doing QA job for Presonus is not ok too.

I'm a hobbyist, I have life and I rarely find time for music. And it's really frustrating when you find the time to have to deal with crashes, drivers, and support.

This is a community support forum. People are coming here to complain when they get automatic responses from the official channels.

Quickly reading through the thread gives me the impression that you won't stop defending Presonus, which is totally OK. But at least acknowledge the right of other people to be frustrated when something that they paid for is not working.

Cheers!

// Win10, RME 802, Faderport 1, AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO, MSI 1070 Gaming X
// Catalina, RME Babyface Pro FS, MBP 15" 2019
by PreAl on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 am
tuzemec wrote
PreAl wrote
tuzemec wroteSweet.

edit:

References:

Dude... :shock:
Did you even read the article with the Windows usage?
Apart of that Windows 7 is listed as a supported OS on the S1 tech specs page: https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/tech-specs

And yeah - rolling back the drivers is a quick and dirty fix acceptable for a week or something after discovering the issue. Ok, maybe a couple of weeks. Or a month.
What if I have other software that depends on drivers released in January?
Not releasing a hot-fix is a sloppy job. People on the forum doing QA job for Presonus is not ok too.

I'm a hobbyist, I have life and I rarely find time for music. And it's really frustrating when you find the time to have to deal with crashes, drivers, and support.

This is a community support forum. People are coming here to complain when they get automatic responses from the official channels.

Quickly reading through the thread gives me the impression that you won't stop defending Presonus, which is totally OK. But at least acknowledge the right of other people to be frustrated when something that they paid for is not working.

Cheers!

I'm not defending anybody, I'm talking common sense and facts. The fact is with the amount of time you have spent writing here you could have downloaded and rolled back the NVidia drivers and just awaited a fix (assuming it's a Presonus issue, we still don't know yet).

Or you could do what I do and most clued up tech businesses do, that is don't use a first iteration of any software. I am running V3 for the moment because I realise that most new iterations of software have bugs and it takes time to iron them out. Heck Microsoft are still issuing bug fixes for Windows 8.x.

If there was no simple workaround I could see your point, but there is. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Rolling back drivers for a few months is just a minor and insignificant inconvenience. Deal with it.

by PreAl on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:24 am
So, here is your release. Let's hope everybody is happy now (I have not read the release notes yet):

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=31009

by talvin on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:52 am
I dared to install the new version and the latest Nvdia drivers and...everything seems to be working now! :thumbup:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, NVidia 1070, Presonus Studio One 4
by PreAl on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:14 pm
My turn to pick a bone with Presonus then.
Where is the fix in the release notes?

That's my moanathon finished. Over and out.

203 postsPage 7 of 11
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11