Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
1 post
Page 1 of 1
I recently bought an HP Elite x2 g2 (Surface Pro clone ?) . My primary purpose for buying it was that I want to notate music. I purchased the StaffPad app. Unfortunately it seems to fall short of my needs.

My needs:
All I really want to do is create piano scores. Primarily the Grand Staff - 1 treble and 1 bass staff. My style of writing/composing is to improvise at the piano until I find an idea I like. I then notate it (on paper). Then I often play around with this notated idea. I sometimes notate another idea. Sometimes I may want these 2 ideas to be joined together. Often things get changed around - this is not practical when handwriting on paper.

What I'm getting at is that I don't necessarily compose in a "straight line" . I often insert an idea into something already composed. I need to be able to notate easily, even if from a graphic keyboard image (I've noticed this in some illustrations).

Does Notion 6 allow easy creation of piano scores ? I am not concerned with making orchestral scores. Also not concerned with MIDI playback.

Apple MacBook Pro 2.2Hz Quad-core i7
Presonus 1810c Studio 5.5
Yamaha N1X piano / Yamaha Reface DX / Yamaha Reface CP
Assortment of hand drums

1 post
Page 1 of 1