40 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I am running S1 on Win 8.1 and have a Digimax and Audiobox1818 connected. I have a Line6 HD500 / DT12 connected to the Digimax on 3 inputs namely DRY, WET and DT12 direct cabinet out.

The Setup: I set up a song with those three inputs they appear in my case as ADAT 12/13/14 labelled as DRY, WET and DT12. I tested it thoroughly it worked as it should. Then I saved the song as ELEC-GIT song.

The Problem: I created a blank song (it has the correct audio in/out)
The I imported song data from ELEC-GIT everything comes in OK except that the inputs no longer show DRY, WET and DT12 but the first input on the audiobox 1818 labelled AT4033. It puts this for all inputs.

I don't think I have done anything wrong as it all works when I open ELEC-GIT but just not importing song data.
Is there anyone who has ADAT plus 1818 inputs can check this please?

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Tacman7 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 am
That's traditionally the function of a template, to start a song with everything setup just how you like it.

I haven't used import song data yet, still trying to wrap my head around how I would use it.

I mainly spend a lot of time setting up synths to create a section of a song, I can't change it all for another section so maybe just import mixdowns of the sections or something, still working on where to put the modules and how to access them.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by matthewgorman on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:48 pm
Maybe there is a problem with the template, which I am assuming was created in V3? To rule that out, can you recreate your song template from scratch in V4, and then try the same steps?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by peterbirch on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:51 pm
No this problem does not relate to templates in the traditional Studio one sense nor anything to do with v3.
This all relates to the "import Song data"

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
by Tacman7 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:40 pm
Seems like it would get confusing if you're bringing in the audio routing with the data, especially if it conflicted with what's in the song already.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by BobF on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:40 am
I just tried this out with a US-16x08 with a folder of Guitar tracks with 4 different inputs assigned.

The folder imported fine with the inputs correctly assigned.

Sorry - I don't have the same interface

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by peterbirch on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:09 am
Thanks bobf for trying this and replying.

I retested mine again today but simplified it.

In my original test I too had folders but the latest test was without.

Did you do this.
I created a blank song then cleared all my audio inputs in the audio setup for the song. Then created two new mono audio Inputs labelled input1 and input 2 (the default). Then in the arrange window I created two new audio mono tracks and i assigned these two tracks to inputs 1&2 . Saved the song as "test audio.song"

Then created another blank song and set the audio up as above but without the two audio tracks. Went to song import song data and imported the two tracks from "test audio song". They both came in as "none" for their inputs.
So if you did the same and you get inputs assigned then why doesn't mine?

Thanks for your time.

by jpettit on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:11 am
Can you attach that test song to his thread please?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by BobF on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:06 am
peterbirch wroteThanks bobf for trying this and replying.

I retested mine again today but simplified it.

In my original test I too had folders but the latest test was without.

Did you do this.
I created a blank song then cleared all my audio inputs in the audio setup for the song. Then created two new mono audio Inputs labelled input1 and input 2 (the default). Then in the arrange window I created two new audio mono tracks and i assigned these two tracks to inputs 1&2 . Saved the song as "test audio.song"

Then created another blank song and set the audio up as above but without the two audio tracks. Went to song import song data and imported the two tracks from "test audio song". They both came in as "none" for their inputs.
So if you did the same and you get inputs assigned then why doesn't mine?

Thanks for your time.

My scenario wasn't exactly the same.

I create new songs from a user template that has the audio I/O config set the way I want for 99% of the cases. This template contains no tracks.

I created song (1) from this template, with the Guitar tracks mentioned above and some instrument tracks.

I then created song (2) from the same template. I then used ISD to import the tracks from song (1) into song (2).

Try this:

Create a new empty song and set up the I/O the way you want.
Save this as a song template and close it.

Create a new song(1) based on this new template. Add the track config you want to reuse.
Save.

Create a new song(2) based on the same template, then use ISD to bring in the tracks from song(1).

If nothing else, this might tell us whether or not there is something different between manually setting I/O identically in two songs, or using a template to accomplish the same.

-

Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
by peterbirch on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:02 pm
I can see why yours worked BobF but what a long winded way. I thought that Importing song data would accomplish that in one import. Well it does actually structure and all, except for the assignments.

I just tried this on my other play machine which has a Balance audio box that has 1 stereo and 2 mono inputs L&R. Cannot get simpler than that.

Created two tracks mono L&R named Audio in L and Audio In R

When imported into a blank song the two tracks showed Audio in L on both tracks.

There was no point uploading a song as this problem has shown on both my machines (win8.1)
and more importantly it is so simple to test for anyone running S1v4
Thanks to jpettit and Bobf for taking an interest.

by jpettit on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:52 pm
Now that you know more can you better articulate the issues?

Is is that the import does not bring on the original I/O settings or the opposite the settings are not mapped to the new I/O?

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by robertgray3 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:54 pm
peterbirch wroteI can see why yours worked BobF but what a long winded way. I thought that Importing song data would accomplish that in one import. Well it does actually structure and all, except for the assignments.

I just tried this on my other play machine which has a Balance audio box that has 1 stereo and 2 mono inputs L&R. Cannot get simpler than that.

Created two tracks mono L&R named Audio in L and Audio In R

When imported into a blank song the two tracks showed Audio in L on both tracks.

There was no point uploading a song as this problem has shown on both my machines (win8.1)
and more importantly it is so simple to test for anyone running S1v4
Thanks to jpettit and Bobf for taking an interest.

Your steps are simple to follow but I can't duplicate your results at least not on S1 v4.0.0. Mac OS X 10.12.6. That's why a song file might help. For the record, I simply opened the old song from the Browser and dragged and dropped the tracks into the new song. Input L, R, etc showed up as they were.

When you say you create "an empty song", are you creating it with a new song or a new song from a template? I understand that you are using Import Song Data but S1 treats songs created from templates differently, even if it's an empty template, so we're trying to rule that out.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by BobF on Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:17 am
peterbirch wroteI can see why yours worked BobF but what a long winded way.

Yeah, that does seem like the Longest Path. When you do it all at once anyway.

Keep in mind that these aren't steps I follow every time I want to use ISD. The template I use to create songs has been gradually tweaked so that using it actually eliminates a ton of click-this/click-that when starting a song.

So the actual use case goes like this:

I start a new song from my template and decide I want the same drum config I had in Old Song 27 and the same guitars as Old Song 14. The I/O and the source tracks were already created, so the steps are much fewer.

I've seen some discussion (Idon't remember where) about including I/O settings as part of ISD. In my thinking that could cut both ways, and could be problematic when trying to share "Track Template" songs with other users that will likely have a different interface.

Please do take the time write up exactly how you think ISD would work best in this regard. ISD is new and will likely see some tweaks along the way.

-

by jpettit on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:51 am
viewtopic.php?p=176255#p176255
Yes I have now idea what the issue is.

by peterbirch on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 am
BobF wrote

I've seen some discussion (Idon't remember where) about including I/O settings as part of ISD. In my thinking that could cut both ways, and could be problematic when trying to share "Track Template" songs with other users that will likely have a different interface.

Please do take the time write up exactly how you think ISD would work best in this regard. ISD is new and will likely see some tweaks along the way.

Sharing is always going to be a compromise as most setups differ from small to large ways.
Audio can be shared either as a song going to MAIN or as stems. MIDI is problematic if the external or internal instruments are different.

OK on the second point. Templates, were to me, a kind of one stop shop. You prepared a template based on what you think you will need. Sometimes I created a template with ALL bells and whistles, in case, then deleted what I didn't need bit like the cart before the horse. Never got to terms with this. E.g. you could have a template for recording Acc Guitars and Vox, simple and small but then if it is decided to bring in a small string ensemble, you could not "tack-on" another string template. You can make work arounds but it seems a clunky first step in Studio One evolution. In similar fashion track templates useful but...time wasted looking for them and then importing, if it was good enough to save then it should be part of the track ready for ISD.

ISD seems to be a grown up solution where you can mix and match. Now I am convinced that the vast majority of users and studios have a stable environment. In that, the audio hardware doesn't change that much. Original templates can be saved as a song, so the Symphony Orchestra Template :D can be saved as a blank event song. Then in the above scenario, a new song is created from a blank. ISD tracks/busses from a known acc+vox song then to add more tracks, ISD the bass, drums from o song you liked and the string ensemble tracks from the orchestra song. All this would be quick and efficient. I think Presonus have done a good job with what can be imported. Just needs the I/O of the stable environment.

If there is a shared song from someone then obviously one would have to change I/O assignments that's a gimme because of hardware.

Well Bobf you did ask me to take the time to write it up - be-careful what you wish for... :lol:

by BobF on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:27 am
peterbirch wrote
BobF wrote

Sharing is always going to be a compromise as most setups differ from small to large ways.
Audio can be shared either as a song going to MAIN or as stems. MIDI is problematic if the external or internal instruments are different.

OK on the second point. Templates, were to me, a kind of one stop shop. You prepared a template based on what you think you will need. Sometimes I created a template with ALL bells and whistles, in case, then deleted what I didn't need bit like the cart before the horse. Never got to terms with this. E.g. you could have a template for recording Acc Guitars and Vox, simple and small but then if it is decided to bring in a small string ensemble, you could not "tack-on" another string template. You can make work arounds but it seems a clunky first step in Studio One evolution. In similar fashion track templates useful but...time wasted looking for them and then importing, if it was good enough to save then it should be part of the track ready for ISD.

ISD seems to be a grown up solution where you can mix and match. Now I am convinced that the vast majority of users and studios have a stable environment. In that, the audio hardware doesn't change that much. Original templates can be saved as a song, so the Symphony Orchestra Template :D can be saved as a blank event song. Then in the above scenario, a new song is created from a blank. ISD tracks/busses from a known acc+vox song then to add more tracks, ISD the bass, drums from o song you liked and the string ensemble tracks from the orchestra song. All this would be quick and efficient. I think Presonus have done a good job with what can be imported. Just needs the I/O of the stable environment.

If there is a shared song from someone then obviously one would have to change I/O assignments that's a gimme because of hardware.

Well Bobf you did ask me to take the time to write it up - be-careful what you wish for... :lol:

Peter - thanks for taking the time. I want to play back my understanding to make I got the meat:

You're basically happy with the current state of ISD, the exception being I/O assignments?

-

by peterbirch on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:46 am
Bobf absolutely. This was worth the upgrade cost and will greatly change and ease my workload. Hope the I/O gets some thought.

by jpettit on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:02 am
peterbirch wrote Hope the I/O gets some thought.

What is missing?
In one sentence please so this could be expressed as an FR.

by robertgray3 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 am
It sounds like I/O assignments aren’t being properly transferred when you’re using ISD. The “write up” was thoughtful, we just need some clear and concise info that specifically relates to reproducing your issue.

The reason is that I tried reproducing the steps that you alluded to but couldn’t duplicate your issue.

1. Were any of the songs in your tests created using a template?

2. Can you please attach a simple test song to this thread? Preferably a test song that doesn’t properly transfer IO data when you use Import Song Data on it.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by peterbirch on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:25 pm
Robertgray3 Q1 No use of templates at all.

Here is a picture I hope
[img]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy1bhasfspabm ... g.jpg?dl=0 [/img]

This is the saved song. Note the Audio setup. Really simple and only input L & R.
NB: This is the default audio setup for this PC. Q. Why save audio defaults? This implies, to me, that this config is going to be used by the user over and over again. To me that is an important part of ISD for the user of that PC

[img]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbdmucryc20oj ... s.jpg?dl=0 [/img]

A blank song was created using the create new song option. :shock:
Then ISD to import the tracks saved in the above saved song.
Note that the two inputs are both Input L when one should be Input R.

As an old programmer, if I programmed the ISD first question I would ask is do the imported tracks match the current audio I/O names. If yes use them else set to none.

40 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2