526 postsPage 24 of 27
1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
No just the Track that you are transforming.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Anderton on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:13 pm
aaronbrito wroteTempo map - should function like an actual tempo map - and not just a bunch of blocks of different tempos - which should allow you to raise the tempo gradually, dip it wherever you want or work in the "blocky" way we have now....

Isn't 1/10th BPM sufficient resolution? I don't think the human ear can differentiate tempo changes smaller than that. You can raise or lower the tempo linearly (although I don't think it's documented, I talked about it in my "Friday Tip of the Week"). The only element I see missing is the ability to create a specific geometric curve, e.g., a parabola instead of a straight line. Even then, you can import curves from an SMF...although it's a kind of a hassle. Better to just do a few linear changes.

If you play a song and change the tempo by 1/10th BPM at a certain measure, I bet no one would be able to say the exact point at which the tempo changes...assuming they can detect any tempo change at all.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by KO0 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:54 am
PreAl wrote
danieljohansson wroteI'm desperate for help because I can't figure this out, and support is way too slow. I got Studio One 4, installed it fine, my setup is S1 installed on C: and I installed the soundsets and basic stuff in D: through Studio One.

But, my Studio One freezes on startup at "Scanning plugins" when there are not even any plugins to scan. The only thing that works around it is if I delete Studio One.settings in appdata. Then I've tried reinstalling the stuff and also disabling Scan on startup.

It still freezes when I restart on "Scanning plugins". No error messages, it's just not responding, and I've waited for 15 min. It's installed on a SSD.

I've tried starting as admin, both the program and the new plugin scanner. I disabled Nvidia's Game Overlay and I have no anti-virus installed at all. Disabling Windows Defender didn't help. I'm on W7 64 bit.

the problem could be tiny but I just don't know what it is.

All on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30274

I had the same problem. I solved this by excluding S1 in my anti-virus program (automatic file scanning). Now the plugins (hundreds of them! :| ) are scanned in seconds.
by musicchamber on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:45 am
Anderton wrote
aaronbrito wroteTempo map - should function like an actual tempo map - and not just a bunch of blocks of different tempos - which should allow you to raise the tempo gradually, dip it wherever you want or work in the "blocky" way we have now....

Isn't 1/10th BPM sufficient resolution? I don't think the human ear can differentiate tempo changes smaller than that. You can raise or lower the tempo linearly (although I don't think it's documented, I talked about it in my "Friday Tip of the Week"). The only element I see missing is the ability to create a specific geometric curve, e.g., a parabola instead of a straight line. Even then, you can import curves from an SMF...although it's a kind of a hassle. Better to just do a few linear changes.

If you play a song and change the tempo by 1/10th BPM at a certain measure, I bet no one would be able to say the exact point at which the tempo changes...assuming they can detect any tempo change at all.

Tempo editing is not that easy to do in it's present form, especially when doing film / classical music. It would be far easier just to have an automation line , that behaves in the same way as editing automation as is currently implemented. That's my take on it. It seems clunky the way it is currently implemented.

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by kaygeeeff on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:30 pm
I'm having an unresolved problem trying to get S1 4 and Melodyne 4 Studio to cooperate!
Have spent more than a week with a very helpful and responsive Support at Melodyne (Ulf) but no resolution.
Despite every suggested permutation of installs and Locations Links, multiple Uninstalls and clean re-installs for both S1 4 and Melodyne 4, Studio One 4 will not recognize Melodyne 4 as VST3, and consistently lists as VST 2 in the Effects Browser.
Attempting to use it on a selected track Freezes S1 4 and requires shut down by Task Manager. (again and again and again and again!!!)
Melodyne 4 works perfectly in S1 3 and as a standalone instigation.
I have not observed this particular problem in this Forum.
Is there a specific Studio One 4 / Melodyne 4 Studio Forum?

When I originally put this issue to Presonus Support, I was advised that Melodyne 4 will work with S1 4 and to take the issue to Melodyne which I have done as described above.

All suggestions (nice ones please)!! gratefully received.
I use Melodyne all the time and cannot use Studio 4. Very frustrated!!

Presonus Studio One 6 Pro (always the latest update!) Presonus Sphere Member, Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2.Ai. Too many Waves Plugins. Melodyne 5 Pro, EZ Drummer 2, EZ Keys, Active Drummer, Active Keys. Notion 6. Ozone 10. Ozone Suite including RX 10 etc.
Owner: Footloose Recording Studios. NSW. Australia
by PreAl on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:26 am
kaygeeeff wroteI'm having an unresolved problem trying to get S1 4 and Melodyne 4 Studio to cooperate!
Have spent more than a week with a very helpful and responsive Support at Melodyne (Ulf) but no resolution.
Despite every suggested permutation of installs and Locations Links, multiple Uninstalls and clean re-installs for both S1 4 and Melodyne 4, Studio One 4 will not recognize Melodyne 4 as VST3, and consistently lists as VST 2 in the Effects Browser.
Attempting to use it on a selected track Freezes S1 4 and requires shut down by Task Manager. (again and again and again and again!!!)

When I originally put this issue to Presonus Support, I was advised that Melodyne 4 will work with S1 4 and to take the issue to Melodyne which I have done as described above.

Crazy suggestion.
1) Remove Folder paths for the VST scanner, reset blacklist and restart Studio one.
2) Add folder paths back in for VST scanner, reset blacklist and restart Studio one.

Yes I know this logically won't work, do it anyway.
Cheers.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Funkybot on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:13 pm
musicchamber wrote
Anderton wrote

Tempo editing is not that easy to do in it's present form, especially when doing film / classical music. It would be far easier just to have an automation line , that behaves in the same way as editing automation as is currently implemented. That's my take on it. It seems clunky the way it is currently implemented.

Agreed. The drawing/editing/display is the issue. Not the necessarily the behind the scenes tempo resolution. It's just hard to work with tempos in S1. The window isn't large enough, drawing/editing is clunky, hard to draw curves, or edit tempos once they're drawn, etc. It's one of the top open requests so there is clearly some opportunity for improvement here.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by zoothornrollo on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:59 pm
hi all,

bought v4 today.

had an installation issue, but now resolved.

Intel i7-7820x, 128gb RAM, 4tb m.2, GTX 1080ti
Windows 10 Pro
RME Babyface Pro
PreSonus Studio One Pro v5
Reaper, Fruityloops
by Anderton on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:48 pm
Funkybot wrote
musicchamber wroteAgreed. The drawing/editing/display is the issue. Not the necessarily the behind the scenes tempo resolution. It's just hard to work with tempos in S1. The window isn't large enough...

I definitely would like to be able to zoom in vertically to take better advantage of the tempo resolution.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by espenaure on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:16 am
Thumbs up for the pattern editor :+1

Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz / Asus Prime X299-A / GeForce GTX 960 / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl / Fortron Hydro G 750W / Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 / Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB x 4 / 4TB HDD Storage / Windows 10 x64 / RME UFX / RME ADI-8 DS MKIII / [b]Presonus Studio One 5 Pro
/ Presonus Faderport 8 / Adam Audio A77X /[/b]
// Synthesizers.com / Moog Sub 37 / Octatrack / Analog 4 / Korg MS20m / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro / Logan SMII / Doepfer MAQ 16/3 / MacBook Pro 2015
by Funkybot on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:48 am
Anderton wrote
Funkybot wrote
musicchamber wroteAgreed. The drawing/editing/display is the issue. Not the necessarily the behind the scenes tempo resolution. It's just hard to work with tempos in S1. The window isn't large enough...

I definitely would like to be able to zoom in vertically to take better advantage of the tempo resolution.

I just did a quick compare between S1 and Cubase's Tempo Track and you can already make the tempo lane as large as you'd like in both.

The difference is that Cubase allows users to:

1. Draw in tempos with the Draw tool (freehand drawing)
2. Has an option to "Ramp" or "Jump" between points (Cubase also offers an automatic mode)

In Studio One, the best thing you can do is go to a 1/64 snap setting and use the line tool while holding Ctrl to draw angled or straight lines. So what would make S1's tempo track better:

1. Allow users to quickly pop out or maximize the tempo view for fast vertical zooming of resolution
2. Allow for freehand drawing of tempos using the paint tool
3. Allow for drawing of parabolas, sines, triangles, etc. using those line tools
4. Create an option for ramping up/down or jumping between two given tempo points
4. Bonus points for bezier curves, as just having two points with a bendable curve would be much cleaner and easier to edit

I think if the "behind the scenes" resolution remained at 1/64 notes with the current 3 decimal places, no one would care as that's not the issue. It's really about improving drawing/editing.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by jpettit on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:57 am
I would add “data zoom.”
And start another thread linking back to the FR ;-)

BTW can please make it clear in the FR that lines is what is meant by the term “automation” and not actually automating the tempo.

Thanks.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Funkybot on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 am
jpettit wroteI would add “data zoom.”
And start another thread linking back to the FR ;-)

BTW can please make it clear in the FR that lines is what is meant by the term “automation” and not actually automating the tempo.

Thanks.

There's already an FR that covers this stuff; it's one of the top open requests at this point:

http://answers.presonus.com/2751/featur ... utomations

I'm not sure I agree or understand what you're saying about "not actually automating the tempo?" The tempo would change according to the drawn data right? That's automation. Same as how drawing automation for volume controls volume. No different for tempos. The FR is just to have the tempo automate using similar functionality to other automation and there's discussion in the FR about how best to do that.

Anyway, no need to beat a dead horse or create a new thread for an existing FR. I've included a link to the FR here.

The last point on FR's: I think there's a tendency to take the wording of the requests too literally. By nature of the way FR's are solicited, Presonus appears to be asking for solutions. You're literally asked to request a feature and not being asked to describe the current-state problem. However, the real focus should be on the problem the FR is trying to solve for, not the solution. There's an old quote attributed to Einstein [he probably never actually said it] that says, "if I had an hour to solve a problem, I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about the solution."

Presonus should be (and I bet they already are) looking at the FR database and asking, "ok, what's the real problem or opportunity here" and from that, begin working to develop the best solution. As customers, we may not have the best solution in our FR's, but you also can't just post "tempo drawing sucks" and expect to not get beat up for it. So we end up with very specific sounding FR's to very general problems. Think of the old adage, "a camel is a horse designed by a committee."

by jpettit on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:39 am
Agee they look at the “what” of the request to understand the gap amd rarely actual do the “how”.

We have a different definition of automation but that is fine I was just trying to help the progress.

by kaygeeeff on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:28 am
PreAl wrote
kaygeeeff wroteI'm having an unresolved problem trying to get S1 4 and Melodyne 4 Studio to cooperate!

Crazy suggestion.
1) Remove Folder paths for the VST scanner, reset blacklist and restart Studio one.
2) Add folder paths back in for VST scanner, reset blacklist and restart Studio one.

Yes I know this logically won't work, do it anyway.
Cheers.

At this stage I'm willing to try anything!
At the moment, without Melodyne integration, S1 4 is worth nothing to me!

Presonus Studio One 6 Pro (always the latest update!) Presonus Sphere Member, Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2.Ai. Too many Waves Plugins. Melodyne 5 Pro, EZ Drummer 2, EZ Keys, Active Drummer, Active Keys. Notion 6. Ozone 10. Ozone Suite including RX 10 etc.
Owner: Footloose Recording Studios. NSW. Australia
by Bbd on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:38 am
Please let us know how the suggestions PreAI made above work for you.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by BrentJammer on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:02 am
I've lost track here - please someone explain to me briefly the current state of things, because I'm unsure if I should buy the update right now. As mentioned before, I'm not a big fan of the update / new additions, but I also mention, I WILL have to buy it anyway - eventually.

Just not sure if it's the right time.

Have any of the "early" issues that users reported here been fixed already? Has there been a "day-one patch" at all, any updates?

Would you recommend updating now to someone how's depended on the flawless operation in terms of business at the moment or rather wait?

Thanks,
Brent.
by lisarowe on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:43 am
Would you recommend updating now to someone how's depended on the flawless operation in terms of business at the moment or rather wait?

You can run both versions of Studio One -- the license thing got fixed right away.
If it were me, with clients on the line, I would check out the free demo, maybe, while continuing work in 3.5 to see if the new features are appealing.
And I think any issues you may experience will depend entirely on your system and your work flow -- IMHO.
Overall, I'm very happy with the changes, but I'm not mixing professionally right now.
: )

Dell Laptop, Intel Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit, Studio One Pro 5.1
Rode AI-1
Audiobox 44VSL
AKAI 25 and Keystep 32 midi controllers
8-)
by BrentJammer on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:06 am
lisarowe wrote

You can run both versions of Studio One -- the license thing got fixed right away.
If it were me, with clients on the line, I would check out the free demo, maybe, while continuing work in 3.5 to see if the new features are appealing.
And I think any issues you may experience will depend entirely on your system and your work flow -- IMHO.
Overall, I'm very happy with the changes, but I'm not mixing professionally right now.
: )

Well, I'm not scoring for the next Blockbuster, but our projects are usually on a limited budget and time critical - that means the last thing I need are additional bugs and issues. I don't really care about the new features at all, I must admit. But I will have to buy it anyway, there are times when I have money left and don't need to care about it, like right now. Next month things might look different, yet again, I will have to jump the update-train at some point anyway.

It's good to know that there haven't been new updates yet, so I'll probably wait till that happens. I seriously hope, Presonus doesn't see the current update price as "intro price" and bumps it up somewhere down the road.
by frank.crow on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:13 am
I was a little disappointed when I first purchased the upgrade, but as time has passed I’m really learning to appreciate it more.

That import song data has been such a game changer for me.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)