4 posts
Page 1 of 1
In a song, I have a time signature change from 4/4 to 12/8. After I added the new time signature, all of the midi information when displayed on the edit box no longer matches up with the lines on the main time line, even before the time signature change in the song. Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments
Final.png
Final.png (8 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
by Trucky on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:19 pm
Are you referring to the grid lines or time markers?

For time markers, do you have "Chord Follows Edit Position" enabled?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Jemusic on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm
Changing time signature after midi events have been recorded will have no effect on the midi events themselves and that is normal behaviour. Expected. However midi data should still line up to the new time signature grid or grid subdivisions though if the midi data was played in with the new time signature in mind. (see Niles post below re setting up timebase display options e.g. bars instead of seconds)

What tends to happen here normally is you play midi data against the first time signature and then alter your midi playing to suit the time sig change. And back etc.. That way quantisation options are also going to work properly as well.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by niles on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 pm
alastairwain wroteall of the midi information when displayed on the edit box no longer matches up with the lines on the main time line, even before the time signature change in the song. Is there a way to fix this?
Set Timebase to Bars instead of Seconds in the Editor?

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO

4 posts
Page 1 of 1