2 posts
Page 1 of 1
So ...

I've got this rusty HP RP3 Retail System, Model 3100 DeskTop PC .

It has the following expansion slot ;

Slots

Full-height (one slot available, with a choice of one of two interfaces):

HP RP3 PCI Riser Assembly: PCI - One each: 4.2-inch full height, 6.6-inch length, 25-W max power
HP RP3 PCIe Riser Assembly: PCIe x1 - One each: 4.2-inch full height, 6.6-inch length, 10-W max power

Which one installed is unclear .

I would like to know is there such a firewire card for this kind of PC, so that I could put my FIRESTUDIO project to use with it ?

ASAP,
Toni S .

by klypeman on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 am
What I'm using as a FireWire card is a : VIA 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller. that's PCI.
I have had no problems with that.

If you are going to look for another brand don't use a Ricoh chip-set based one as they are mostly trouble, go for one with a Texas Instruments chip-set as recommended from Presonus in the past.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++

2 posts
Page 1 of 1