15 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello

First of all please forgive me if English is bad because I am french and I use a machine translation Google.

I updated to the latest firmware (v 1.8.14273) my StudioLive 16 version III, and since when I want to do a recording session in Capture with an SD card, when I go in "Arm tracks " to select the channels I want to record, there is more than the first 25 channels that appear!
Yet before, with the firmware v 1.7.14047, all channels 1 to 32 + the Main mix were well there!

Have you noticed this problem on your console with the firmware v 1.8.14273?

Thanks in advance!
by Bbd on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:20 am
Bonjour.

What version of Capture are you using?

Do you mean you now only see the first 25 channels and not all of them?

I use a SIII 24 mixer and starting anew Capture session, I have all Channels 1-40 available.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by fernandogaspar on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:43 am
Bonjour,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry, I may not have made myself clear, certainly because of the automatic translation...

In fact it's in "Live recording" from the mixer.
So I put an SD card to do a recording session, I press the button "Edit ", then on the touch screen I'm doing "New session", then "Create" and under "Arm tracks" I'm doing "Select" to activate the channels of my choice, and there the screen displays 25 channels (1 to 25), but the page cannot be scrolled to display the following channels (with the rotary button in the "Master" section)!
Yet with the previous firmware it worked perfectly...

Here, I hope that the French translation > > English will not be too confusing for you.

Thank you in all cases for the help you bring me!
by fernandogaspar on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:19 am
Hello

Does anyone who has updated his StudioLive with firmware 1.8.14273 can check if he has the same problem as me?
Thank you.
by alaistairdeacon on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:05 pm
Yes, I can confirm having the same problem here. I didn't notice it at first, I'm sure I was still able to access all the tracks at first, but essentially now the scroll has disappeared on the arm tracks screen.

I was able to arm tracks by pressing the physical select buttons on the desk - I did this to record the main bus for the church service on sunday. Still to check the SD card to see if it recorded.

But it is a bit annoying. Will be trying some workrounds later this week to see if I can get the scroll bar back.
by PAE Seth on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:38 pm
Hey guys,

We're aware of the issue. It will be fixed in a future update.

The workaround is to manually arm your tracks for now.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by alaistairdeacon on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:10 pm
Yes - just been past the church - and can confirm Sunday's recording was fine by arming using the select buttons. If you are using UCSurface - you can also arm tracks there.
by fernandogaspar on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:27 am
Thank you all for your answers.

For now I will arm my tracks manually with the buttons, but I look forward to the next firmware for this problem to be corrected.
Because it is very convenient and fast to select the channels on the touch screen!
by bryanmiller5 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:20 pm
Is there a keyboard shortcut to arm and disarm all channels? 32 channels requires an awful lot of clicking and that takes precious time.
by Bbd on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:04 pm
From the Manual:

7.3 Capture Screen
PreSonus Capture is a multitrack digital-audio recording application designed to
make recording with StudioLive mixers quick and easy. This application is built into
StudioLive Series III mixers, allowing you to track directly to an SD card using the
same high-quality audio engine as PreSonus’ groundbreaking Studio One DAW.
Session files recorded on the SD Card can be opened directly in Studio One and
Capture – no conversion or exporting necessary.

1. Record Duration. Shows the total recorded length of the current Session.
2. Current Position. Shows the current position of the recording and playback.
3. Timeline. Shows the current cursor location in the timeline of the current
Session, along with any Markers that you’ve placed.
4. Arm All Tracks. Touching this button will arm all 38 tracks for recording. This will
record all 32 input channels, both stereo Aux Inputs, and your Main mix.

5. Arm Selected Tracks. Press the Selected button to enable channel selection
mode. In this mode, you can press the Select buttons on each channel in the
mixer to arm specific channels for recording. When a channel is selected, its
Select button glows steadily. When a channel is not selected, the button flashes

You can de-arm all tracks by selecting "All" again.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by alanbutterworth on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:00 am
For anyone reading this posting, the current Firmware is 1.9.14636...at least it is for a SL3 32 channel desk. Scroll wheel works as it should and you can arm all tracks with a single press.

Window 10, Be Quiet PC Intel Core i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz 64Gb RAM, 4 x SSD, Native Instruments ULTIMATE KOMPLETE 11 plus Symphonic Series Library, AKAI MPK88, Studio One 5.2 (pro), Cubase 10 PRO, Dorico 3, Notion 6, Presonus ioSTATION24c
by bryanmiller5 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:57 pm
Very helpful! I will try looking that section up in the manual. I need to find a PDF copy so I can read from a tablet rather than be in the studio.

I am looking here and not finding the section you mention:

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/Introduction.htm
by bryanmiller5 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:03 pm
alanbutterworth wroteFor anyone reading this posting, the current Firmware is 1.9.14636...at least it is for a SL3 32 channel desk. Scroll wheel works as it should and you can arm all tracks with a single press.

I am on an iMac with no scroll wheel. I will try it on Windows and see what happens.
by wahlerstudios on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:33 pm
You can find the Capture manual on this page:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Capture/downloads
by bryanmiller5 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:27 pm
Capture looks like a great program. However, I am not sure how it helps the studio engineer quickly toggle the record button on a large amount of channels.

I assume there is no existing key shortcut for this inside Studio One?

Thanks!

15 posts
Page 1 of 1