5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is anyone aware of any custom rules for GPO5 available for download?

Or..is there a way to take the built-in GPO4 rules and export them so they can be used for GPO5?

Thanks!
by jasonkleiman on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:10 pm
I did a little digging and managed to do this:

1. Create a new rule set and export it to a file.
2. Open the GPO_Aria.prules file and copy all of the <rule>.....</rule> sections out of it and paste them into my new file.
3. Import the new rule file into my score and assign it as needed.

This actually seems to work quite well. The rules for all instruments are in a single file and it appears to use a property <if instrument-id = "xxxxx"> to apply only the rules that are for the instrument in use.

My next question is how do I find out what the instrument id is for the new instruments so I can add more rules to the same file?

I posted this to Presonus support, but thought I would ask here as well.

Thanks!
by acequantum on Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:38 am
Did this ever get answered? I have the same question.

Also where does the instrument-id come from and how is the instrument-id property set?

<rule>
<if instrument-id="13062" />
<set-flag name="strs" />
</rule>
by nathanielwalker2 on Mon May 01, 2023 1:29 am
Use the stock GPO rule set and then open up the ARIA Player instance for the instrument. It will tell you what it's looking for. Just go into the Notation Section for GPO 5 and load the equivalent instrument. It will just work.

I think the issue is that GPO5 changed some IDs so the patches do not load properly. Similar to the EQWL Full Patches.

I never saw that as a problem to do, since you do it once and then it just works :-P
by acequantum on Tue May 02, 2023 3:30 pm
To add to what nathanielwalker wrote, the instrument id is not something "we" as users access or can determine - or even use in creating a ruleset. From what I can tell, it is a sequence number for the instruments contained in GPO that Notion References. Like NW said, you'll likely get an error on loading a GPO instrument from the built in template but the error tells you exactly which instrument it couldn't find. All you have to do is choose that instrument from the Aria player plugin interface.

Regarding the instrument ID: it might be contained somewhere in the aria or garritan sample files - but it's not available as something that can be set in the GUI rule maker.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1