32 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I store all my samples on an external drive because I have a laptop.

When I'm done making a song, I usually copy external files so that everything is in the correct folder and I can work on my songs when I am travelling.

Started using the new impact XT and sample one XT instead of NI Battery and Polyplex. I was super excited until I was away from home and none of my songs had their drum samples. :?

I can not for the life of me figure out how to collect all and save with samples in Impact or Sample 1.

I do not want to make soundsets. I don't have the space to take them with me (and its a chore). I also don't want to bounce drums to audio every time I'm jamming or making songs because I have a laptop and single samples for each drum sound is way less space that 3 to 4 min wav files.

PLEASE HELP!! gonna make me run back to Live 10

Presonus Studio One v 4.x Professional Win x64
by matthewgorman on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:25 am
With the song open, go to File, Copy External Files.

You can also with song open, go to the pool tab in the browser, rt click, and copy external there. There is also a preference in options that will have S1 ask to save external files on save or close.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by sangamc on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:07 am
That is where the problem is.

When I do that from the song menu or the browser. It does not copy the external file used in Sample One or the Drum Kit files used in impact XT.

I just get the message: "There are no external files"

The file is not in the pool either. I've tried saving the impact XT as a preset but that doesn't do it either.

by matthewgorman on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:22 am
So it sounds like you are using the samples included in Studio One? If that's the case, then maybe those soundsets are not installed on PC #2?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by sangamc on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:47 am
NO, these are samples I've collected on my own (mostly from splice).
They are stored on an external hard drive.

When I collect all and save, then take my laptop on the road. The samples that are used in impact and sample one are not collected within the song folder. They remain on my external hard drive at home.

That is the main issue. How do I collect all and save when I put samples into Impact or sample One.

Like I mention earlier. I do not want to drag soundsets along since they take up space. In fact I install S1 with 0% of the additional content. I dont need or want it. Just the relevant parts of my own audio saved with the song.

by sangamc on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:48 am
Forgot to add, there is no 2nd PC, just the one laptop and any audio that is on audio channels seems to collect and save with no problem.

by robertgray3 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:40 am
I think the changes to how Impact XT stores samples may have made it more difficult to encapsulate your samples within a project.

I haven’t dug into it too much myself but check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30379&p=173654&hilit=Impact#p173654

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by sangamc on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:48 am
Thanks for the reply. Looks like this can not be addressed on my own :(.

I'll take it into account going forward and hope it gets addressed in a subsequent update.

by robertgray3 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:11 pm
Found a workaround for now that might work for you.

- Export to a Sampler file
- Import the same Sampler file from your browser
- Save the project
- It should prompt you here to save the sampler file in your directory.

I didn't extensively test it- I tried it once and it worked, then I tried it again and it gave me a message about the "package file not matching the samples" and loaded an empty preset. And the third time I tried it it kept asking me to import the soundx file every single time it saved. Hopefully it works better for you.

Hoping this gets to be a bit more elegant and singular (at least in feel/application) in the future. We now have four ways to store and recall an Impact Kit (Preset, Instrument+FX, Sampler File, Import Song Data), each with its own upsides, downsides, and quirks.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by sangamc on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 am
robertgray3 wroteFound a workaround for now that might work for you.

- Export to a Sampler file
- Import the same Sampler file from your browser
- Save the project
- It should prompt you here to save the sampler file in your directory.

:punk: :punk: :punk:

Not elegant solution by a long shot, but this is exactly what I was looking for. It seems like they had the right idea, but just did not execute or simply forgot.

The quirkiness of the .song referencing the original soundx files even thought there are copies in the actual song folder can be overcome. Also if a pad is created by selecting a sample from a folder, all samples in that folder become part of the soundx, but I'll live with that when I am on the road. Since the final soundx 10.6MB which is very good for my laptop HDD.

This post is solved.
THANKS!

by PreAl on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:29 am
sangamc wroteStarted using the new impact XT and sample one XT instead of NI Battery and Polyplex.

Just a side question.
Why use Impact over battery? I have Battery version 4 and it appears superior over Impact in every way. The only thing it does not do is open soundsets (and Personus make it purposely difficult to extract the samples from that format imho).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by robertgray3 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:38 am
PreAl wrote
sangamc wroteStarted using the new impact XT and sample one XT instead of NI Battery and Polyplex.

Just a side question.
Why use Impact over battery? I have Battery version 4 and it appears superior over Impact in every way. The only thing it does not do is open soundsets (and Personus make it purposely difficult to extract the samples from that format imho).

For me personally, it's a joy to use and integration with Studio One (drag and drop import, pattern editor, export) and not having to deal with Battery 4's absurd user interface push it over the edge.

It's probably good that people switch over, that means the little things such as this one about the global and per song file storage will be noticed and refined.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:47 am
robertgray3 wrote
PreAl wrote

Just a side question.

For me personally, it's a joy to use and integration with Studio One (drag and drop import, pattern editor, export) and not having to deal with Battery 4's absurd user interface push it over the edge.

It's probably good that people switch over, that means the little things such as this one about the global and per song file storage will be noticed and refined.

Apart from soundsets I don't see any less integration with Battery than I do with Impact. I can do all of those things you state I believe. Battery has a larger feature set, I didn't have any issues with the UI myself, no less complicated than other plugins.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by robertgray3 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:58 am
Can you grab a folder of samples drag them over hole shift and have them automatically mapped in ascending order?

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:22 pm
robertgray3 wroteCan you grab a folder of samples drag them over hole shift and have them automatically mapped in ascending order?

I can save a template for the mappings and recall what I want by default every time (or choose another template).

I can drag samples in via Studio One browser, but why would I. I would naturally go through the Battery browser. I can drag, add favs, import into library.

Better still, if I use the plugin away from Studio One and then nothing changes. I can use any plugin host and I can also use Battery Standalone. I'm not locked in to just one DAW.

by sangamc on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 pm
PreAl wrote

Just a side question.
Why use Impact over battery?

CPU overhead with all NI products has me using them sparingly for my day to day beat making. Even the new TRK-01 hogs 25% of my CPU which is not worth it for drum sounds before I've even started bussing or adding FX.

DAW integration is next. Nothing is more efficient than well made stock plugins. Especially when all they need to do is basic tasks like trigger drum samples

I like using the stock devices in all my beat making templates. Before Impact XT I was in Live 10 using drumracks while Presonus brought things up to date.

It's just faster for my workflow.

by sangamc on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:20 pm
PreAl wroteBetter still, if I use the plugin away from Studio One and then nothing changes. I can use any plugin host and I can also use Battery Standalone. I'm not locked in to just one DAW.

This is my fav part about NI products. Its why I have so many of them! But sadly I just don't have the horse power to use them all together. :|

by graytermedia on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:06 pm
I've started using Impact XT over Maschine for the same reasons as mentioned above. Maschine is a PITA to use with almost any DAW (except for Ableton Live). I've begun pulling the drum samples from my Maschine expansion libraries into Impact.

Loads easier to work with.

The only thing I'm missing are Maschine's built in effects, but the Plugin-Alliance transient shaper stuff (and my other 3rd party effects) are better anyway.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by PreAl on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 pm
I agree Maschine is well overboard (poor process overhead) and regardless it's sequencer isn't that great.
It's a sledgehammer to crack and nut, sadly the sledgehammer is only suitable for a certain type of nut and too heavy to lift.

Battery on the other hand is a completely different beast. A much lighter affair and is similar to Impact. It's probably going to have better cross compatibility with Maschine being a NI product.

by graytermedia on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:10 pm
I'm a Komplete user and have programmed drums with Battery since version 2. While I agree with the DAW hopping aspect - a habit I'm trying to break with S1v4 - I find Impact easier to use. I think its strength lies in its lack of features. I don't really need the built in effects because I have better 3rd party stuff.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9

32 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2