26 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I'm on a PC running Windows 7 64. Upgraded to Studio One 4 last night. After all completed, DAW button does not activate in S1_4 but still works in S1_3. I've upgraded the board to firmware 1.8.14273 and App Version 2.7.0.47644. Anyone else experience this?
by kevinrendleman on Sat May 26, 2018 6:07 pm
I just got my SL32 yesterday and I'm having the same issue. Don't have S1V3 to test on, but when I switch to DAW mode, all faders drop to 0 and all scribble strips are blank. UC control works and recognizes the console via Ethernet only, USB only, and I can connect my iPad to UC, but the SL32 wont cooperate.

Latest firmware as of 6:30PM 5/26
Lastest S1V4

Watched every video, read every PDF on these forums, did network adjustments within OSX (Seirra) and nothing is working. Frustrating as I bought this to basically be a 32 channel faderport, but I know how it goes. Trying to stay patient but I want to move faders!
by philippelarame on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:03 pm
I have the exact same issue. I wanted to mix a live recording from yesterday this morning and found out that DAW mode is broken with S1 4 and latest firmware on the SL 24 III. Transport control works, but that is it. Everything else is dead at 0 as mentioned in this thread.

Please Personus, fix this!! :)
by jpettit on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:50 pm
I have the same issue with one machine and not the other. (both Win 10 1803)
Very hard to track down. (I have spent last two weeks trying to debug it, S1 logs don't help. reinstalled don't help, permission doesn't help, even Wireshark and seeing incorrect packets don't reveal the root issue)
The developers have been given a heads up, but considering it works on some machines and not other means it will be tricky ot fix.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by andreaamadori on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:31 pm
hi, I have the same problem too. with st one 4.0 help presonus !!!!
by bogarguzman on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:05 pm
Hello to all,

I had the same problem, but then I found out, I had to select Studio One again in UCNET.
So, please, press the UCNET button, and select Studio One as a software control.
Then you can use the DAW mode.

I am pretty sure this works.

Happy Summer to all.

Bogar

Bogar

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4
32 GB RAM
Studiolive 32 series III firmware 2.01.16038
Studio One Pro
by bogarguzman on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:14 pm
Now, for kevinrendleman , it looks a little awkward situation.

I suggest to do what i did to solved many other problems;

Save all your presets of FatChannel and Scenes in UC in your computer.
Then, do a Factory Reset holding FX button and turning on Mixer, and try the DAW mode, if it does not work, then
Do a full factory reset, holding Home button, reinstall the new firmware 1.8.14273 via UC.
do not do it by SD card.
After mixer reboots and you can verify the new firmware is installed, try DAW mode.
It should be working.
Now, yo have to be patient and reinstall in your mixer, your Fat Channel settings and Scenes.
Enjoy working fresh,

PS: if any other have similar issue, try this solution.

Bogar

Bogar

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
32 GB RAM
Studio One Pro
by andreaamadori on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 am
Unfortunately, even with the system recommended by bogarguzman, it does not work !!!
by andreaamadori on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:11 am
The interesting thing is that with SO 3.5 the function daw control works perfectly
by bogarguzman on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 am
Well, if this do not solve the issue, I think the best solution is to create a ticket to Presonus.
It seems that maybe there are some configuration, versions, installation, etc to be checked.
Good luck,

Bogar

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
32 GB RAM
Studio One Pro
by philippelarame on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:24 am
I submitted a ticket. Let's see what they have to say.

I encourage you guys to do the same, if they receive a lot of tickets regarding this issue, they are more likely to try to fix it.
by jpettit on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:16 am

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by philippelarame on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:16 pm
OK, Support replied me.

If Studio One 4 is set to a language different than English, DAW mode won't work. I changed it to english and it works for me. Changing it back to french and it stops working. So seems like Studio One 4 will have DAW mode function only if in english.

I asked them if they plan on fixing this soon.

Thanks.
by jpettit on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:34 am
That's yet a different issue.
My does not work in 4.0 yet does in 3.5.6 in English.

by bogarguzman on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 am
philippelarame wroteIf Studio One 4 is set to a language different than English, DAW mode won't work. I changed it to english and it works for me. Changing it back to french and it stops working. So seems like Studio One 4 will have DAW mode function only if in english

This is good news, and this is exactly what we have to do, specially us the users.
Write not only the issues, but some solutions, try to solve the issues, try to check every step and details when installing, recreating an issue, etc.

I wrote in other posts about the way sometimes we receive answers to our issues, that sometimes those are not helping or they are disqualifying our comments.
And I also have realized that MANY of us, write only issues and complains, like crying, without a good explanation of the issues or showing steps to recreate the problems or steps to try to solve them.
The Presonus team is doing their best to provide us with excellent tools to do our music and more, as well, they are working hard every day to help us and giving us a great support.
We must help too, writing in a positive manner, being more specific and giving as many details as possible about our concerns, solutions and ideas to improve the products.
Guys and Gals, we are in the same team and world, let's help each other.
And for those few that only complain and cry, please, your Mama is not here, do something positive and productive.

Bogar

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
32 GB RAM
Studio One Pro
by Bbd on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:15 am
Beautifully said!
100% agree.

Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by bogarguzman on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:31 am
I want to contribute more, to our musical community.

I will give you more details, in order to have an idea of what Presonus and other companies have to deal with;

1. I had crashing problems with S1 v3, at startup. After 3 weeks, I realized that the culprit was Reason 7. I use Mac OS 10.13.4 High Sierra, and Reason 7 created issues as rewire. So, I have to buy Reason 10.
Solution: I uninstalled Reason 7, and S1 v3 worked like a charm, no more crashing.
2. I installed some more plugins. S1 v3.5.6 & v4 began having some issues.
Testing: I uninstalled all third party plugins, and tried S1 in the two versions, everything worked excellent.
Solution: Then I installed again, the plugins, one by one or by groups (depending on the installer),
I was testing every time S1 after I installed one new plugin or new group.
Until I found the one (or ones) that causes issues. I uninstalled it/them, checked again to be sure that the issue was gone. This way, I only used those plugins that work nice.

Then, those plugins that cause issues, I went to their manufacturer website, and I looked for solutions, I let them to know about the issues their plugins cause to S1.

Conclusion;
Guys, Gals and LGTBQ, all of us, we should look for SOLUTIONS. Presonus is not the only involve in our musical environment, there are many other companies like the ones who make the plugins, PC, Mac, other applications that can cause issue (like in my case, Reason 7), if you are working in 32 bit or 64 bit, what sample rate are we using, cables, sound card, etc. There are many factors that can contribute to many issues.

Let's be POSITIVE and help to solve them.
To all, Have a HAPPY SUMMER.

Bogar

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
32 GB RAM
Studio One Pro
by philippelarame on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:04 am
Totally agree with bogarguzman. I am a Firmware Engineer myself (for an Audio company). So before reporting on the forum or opening a ticket, I try A LOT of things in order to solve the problem myself. I turn to forums or support tickets when I am convinced it is a bug. But this is due to what I do for my career so it is something I am used to do. Not everybody has the same knowledge of the inner workings of these things so for sure some people find the end of their search for solutions sooner then others. And this is why there are forums like this.

And I also always post solution or conclusions when I get some, and I also encourage others to do this, it is important for us and also Presonus in this case so they provide us with improved products.

Finally, just to add to this thread, Presonus support said they were aware of the issue and they will notify me via the ticket when a fix is available.
by emanuelplaickner on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:34 am
after update the new version of studio one 4.0.1.48247it don't works! have still my problem that my DAW mode on my series III not work.(it work only when i chose the English language in studio one) it sucks! i lose the desire to work in my new studio
by jpettit on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 am
What language is not working for you?

26 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2