81 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
jpettit wroteDo you see this on one screen versus the other?
Where do your typically put your mixer?

My mixer is always attached at the bottom of the screen, and this seems to happen randomly.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by Robdp on Thu May 31, 2018 12:57 pm
Trucky wroteNot sure what's causing it, but you can adjust individually by holding [Shift] while you click and drag the top edge of the send. You can get all of your channels to line up by holding [Shift] and double clicking the top edge of the send that you want the others to sync to.

Sends.png

Yeah I use that function all the time to align my sends although that doesn't help with the height of my mixer jumping sadly, but thank you!! :)

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by PreAl on Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 pm
mikemanthei wroteHave you clicked your own link to see where it takes you?

Seriously?
Of course I know this is the VST scanner issue I'm linking to. I also told you link is NOT related to this issue.

I'm rapidly losing the will to live...

I'll repeat again.

I recommended people upgraded to the latest drivers (and latest base levels of Win7/8 via Win update) so at least it can be demonstrated to devs there is a base level to test.

People who decide to upgrade their driver however with Win 7 Nvidia display adapter should be aware of the VST scanner issue (ie "please note").

If somebody decides to update to the latest driver and their VST scanner screws up, I don't want somebody here accusing me of putting them into that situation. Capeesh?

Now can we please move on. I was making simple basic points.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Robdp on Thu May 31, 2018 1:31 pm
Just FYI I'm on a mac.

Producer/writer
by PreAl on Thu May 31, 2018 1:34 pm
(nevermind he's done it, please delete).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jpettit on Thu May 31, 2018 8:11 pm
It does not look like anyone is going to confirm the steps listed or they are not, in fact, the steps to reproduce.

Please open a support ticket.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by mikemanthei on Thu May 31, 2018 8:34 pm
jpettit wroteIt does not look like anyone is going to confirm the steps listed or they are not, in fact, the steps to reproduce.

Well, that's essentially the problem isn't it? Nobody can confirm exact steps to consistently reproduce the problem. The original poster is on a Mac, and I'm on a PC. He has his mixer docked on a single screen, I have it undocked on a separate screen.

Neither one of us can consistently replicate the issue. Nor can we do anything to stop it from returning at seemingly random intervals.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by mikemanthei on Thu May 31, 2018 8:45 pm
One thing is curious though. Every time I have seen it fail, it sets the fader height to the minimum setting. I've never seen it set to any other value. And if I understand the original posters picture, it looks like his is set to the minimum value as well.

So the Developers should be looking for something that is changing this fader height value to something that is below the minimum (or some other invalid value) ... and since this value is outside the normal range, it is being overridden and set to the default minimum.

But like I said, it's not consistent. I can't find the trigger. At least not consistent enough to call it a replicateable issue

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Sturphy on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:43 am
Robdp wroteHey all,
I had this happen in v3 and now continuing in v4. I've tried brand new templates, starting sessions from an empty template, but randomly I get my mixer resizing itself for no reason!!

It's been so frustrating and I'm not sure what causes it.. anyone getting this or have any ideas as to why it's happening??

Picture included so you can see what my mixer height is normally, and what happens randomly.

Thanks in advance!
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 7.59.40 PM.png

YES... happens to me as well. You are not alone. I cannot figure out a cause, appears random.

Sig has my details.

12 core Mac Pro 2013 OS 12.7.1 | 64GB Ram | Studio One 6 Pro | Orion Studio 2017 | Dangerous 2Bus+ | TK Audio BC1-S | Too many plugins...
by Sturphy on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:47 am
mikemanthei wrote
jpettit wroteIt does not look like anyone is going to confirm the steps listed or they are not, in fact, the steps to reproduce.

Well, that's essentially the problem isn't it? Nobody can confirm exact steps to consistently reproduce the problem. The original poster is on a Mac, and I'm on a PC. He has his mixer docked on a single screen, I have it undocked on a separate screen.

Neither one of us can consistently replicate the issue. Nor can we do anything to stop it from returning at seemingly random intervals.

Yes, exactly. Same here. Thank you for stating this.

12 core Mac Pro 2013 OS 12.7.1 | 64GB Ram | Studio One 6 Pro | Orion Studio 2017 | Dangerous 2Bus+ | TK Audio BC1-S | Too many plugins...
by Robdp on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:02 pm
Still getting this in 4.5.2 and been through different templates, machines and Operating systems...

Anyone still getting this and do we know if the Devs even know how to go about fixing it??

Producer/writer
by robertgray3 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:48 am
mikemanthei wrote
pawelhebda wroteNever seen it before. So it yours system/GPU realted.

Sorry, but a video card is not responsible for randomly moving items around on a screen.

Maybe pawelhebda didn't articulate it perfectly but there are a set of issues similar to this that can be caused by window placement on multiple monitors. That's what they meant by "GPU related." I'm not saying it's that but you might want to try testing this a bit with a single monitor and see if your monitor setup is a factor. I had an issue with something *similar* once (not the exact same thing) and when I narrowed it down with customer support had something to do with the way Studio One was saving monitor coordinates and the way it was reading them back not working properly, causing windows to be sized incorrectly for the respective monitor. Only applied to my case though, posting about it on the forums was absolutely useless because that particular bug (sounds like a different one than you're discussing) was only easily observed with my specific setup.

You'll have to narrow it down more, which sucks for issues like this but oh well that's software.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by garyanderson5 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:48 am
I thought this was normal behaviour. It's always done this since version 3 for me. I thought it was linked to the last channel resize and position of the send then as you added new channels and resized again is were the oddness comes in. Like it's disconnected from the previous channel send height so to speak when a new default track\channel is created. I always just drag the sends down and back up to reset at equal level.

Never really seen it as an issue but it happens for sure and has for a while. I used undocked window on second screen for reference.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by Lawrence on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:37 am
Edit: When I maximize the docked mixer fader height here on Windows and then detach the mixer, the fader height goes to minimum height automatically. It may be in some way related to that.

It looks like the docked and detached mixers have independent settings. If I save the song with the detached mixer height at max, it always recalls max when detached, but otherwise it defaults to minimum height when detached. But it's all stored per song,

See the attached animated gif.

Attachments
detach.gif
by j0001s on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:44 am
Trucky wroteNot sure what's causing it, but you can adjust individually by holding [Shift] while you click and drag the top edge of the send. You can get all of your channels to line up by holding [Shift] and double clicking the top edge of the send that you want the others to sync to.

Holding [cntl] and clicking on the top edge of one channel's send will align all the sends to that one, but then you can drag all of them to where you want.

Occasionally, my mixer channels "automatically" snap to fill my entire screen, which is pretty startling on a 43" 4K display. I say "automatically" because it's some sequence that I unintentionally do, but I can't put my finger on it.
by peterbirch on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:33 pm
Have a look at this - just done it.
For me just pressing the Input or output tags

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VRfXNp5agSr_L-srBkDIIO16J-sUmOwG/view?usp=sharing

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Morticia on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:38 am
I can confirm this (unwanted) random behaviour in S1 v.3.5.6 x64 / Win 8.1 x64.
I only noticed it started when I added a second monitor, un-docked the mixer and placed it on the second screen.
Unfortunately, having the mixer window maximised, covers up the Windows task-bar in a sort of translucent way. It's all a bit of a mess really.
Obviously this will not be fixed in v.3x.
I have no intention of upgrading to V4 for features I will never use and even more bugs, so I guess I will just have to live with it.

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

"The queen of spades is a friend of mine, the queen of hearts is a bitch
someday when I clean up my mind, I'll find out which is which"
Gram Parsons
by Robdp on Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:45 pm
Here is a pic of my channels at the correct height, then for no reason this will happen throughout the day.
It can happen when doing literally anything, there is never a particular reason and its been there since V3. Super annoying.

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 11.48.34 AM.png

Producer/writer
by peterbirch on Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:13 am
Been doing more tests on this today.

I can create this at anytime.
I am on win 8.1 and have two monitors. The mixer is expanded out to the 2nd monitor.
I open a previous song and just by clicking the INPUT or OUTPUT buttons (to show hide inputs and outputs duh) then the faders will collapse down. Drag them up same again. This seems to have gotten worse since 4.5 maybe or maybe it happens all the time like ground hog faders.

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by IanM5 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:53 am
This is definitely a bug.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new empty song.
2. Add a single mono audio track
3. Press F3 to show the console attached at the bottom of the main window
4. Drag the faders to as high as they will go (not very far on my screen).
5. Click on the "Inputs" button at left of console to show and hide the inputs. Note how the faders stay at the new height. So far so good.
6. Detach the mixer window and drag it onto the second screen.
7. Drag the faders to as high as they will go.
8. Click the Inputs button again. The faders resize to their default height. This is the bug.
9. Now the weird bit. Reattach the console to the bottom of the main window.
10. Repeat steps 4 and 5. The faders now also resize in that view.

I can't say whether this bug only manifests itself on multi-monitor setups.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum

81 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5