Temblor T10 and Temblor T8
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I'm listening to two Eris E8 with a Sub Temblor T10.
If I set HPF "ON" (80Hz) an LPF "80Hz" on the T10, should I also set the LOWCutoff on the Eris to 80Hz or not?
If the HPF on the T10 is on, the Eris8 shouldn't receive any frequency below 80Hz from the T10. correct?

Thanks in advance an kind regards

Wolf
by matthewgorman on Wed May 30, 2018 1:48 pm
You are correct, IF the Eris speakers are plugged into the Temblor. The HPF on the Temblor only affects the output to the satellite speakers. The LPF would be used if the sub is not passing any signal to additional speakers. In this instance, the LPF of the sub should match the HPF of the Eris.

Your room may need additional corrections to compensate if you do not have any treatment, but the above is a good starting point.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by wolfgangrosenlechner on Thu May 31, 2018 6:27 am
Hallo matthewgorman,

thank you very much for your prompt answer, although she is something "bemusing"(?) for me.
Should I set the LowCutoff on the Eris to 80Hz or not?
My thought is, that there shoundn't be any frequency below 80Hz played back by the Eris if the HPF is set to "ON" (80Hz).
The Eris don't receive any frequencies below 80hz from the Temblor. --> So why activate the LowCutoff?

Thanks!

Wolf
by matthewgorman on Thu May 31, 2018 8:58 am
I am going to assume that you have the eris speakers connected to the temblor, which is connected to the interface. If this is true, then you do not need to set the Low Cut on the Eris. The Temblor will do that. Also, that allows you to use the footswitch on the Temblor to check the mix without the sub.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by wolfgangrosenlechner on Thu May 31, 2018 11:07 am
Hallo Matt,

this is correct and I agree with your opinion!!!

Kindest regards from Graz, Austria

Wolf

PS: I'm sorry, but my English needs some maintanance...

5 posts
Page 1 of 1