526 postsPage 21 of 27
1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27
crussell wroteMelodyne Issue - Melodyne looks fine when I create a blank song and use it to edit audio. When I load a large project with multiple tracks using Melodyne it does not display blobs but rectangles. I've seen this before on large projects on a PC and usually increasing the block size to 1024 solves it. I also have the issue where the Melodyne window loads very large and does not fit on my screen.

See other questions/replies on this thread in a similar vein. Apparently this is happening when opening older projects with Melodyne which were created in previous versions of S1 in the latest v4. Also see suggestions for resizing windows where the window handles are out of screen range.

Not that it is of any help but I've experienced many crashes when opening v2 songs in v3, which included Melodyne processed tracks. I now render/bounce all tracks with Melodyne processing as soon as I open older projects to avoid the crashes! Whether this is the same for S1v3 to S1v4 I don't know.

The rectangles instead of blobs is because the zoom is too far out. You can use 'control+alt' and drag acrooss the screen to change the horizontal and vertical resolutions to get the blobs as you want them.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by jstummbillig on Tue May 29, 2018 4:34 pm
Anyone else having the issue where both the new the import song data and the old way of doing it through the browser are missing a lot of tracks/busses/fx channels? Anyone having a work around?

Kaputtmacher Musikproduktion
http://kaputtmacher.com
by crussell on Tue May 29, 2018 6:38 pm
Steve Carter wrote
crussell wroteMelodyne Issue - Melodyne looks fine when I create a blank song and use it to edit audio. When I load a large project with multiple tracks using Melodyne it does not display blobs but rectangles. I've seen this before on large projects on a PC and usually increasing the block size to 1024 solves it. I also have the issue where the Melodyne window loads very large and does not fit on my screen.

See other questions/replies on this thread in a similar vein. Apparently this is happening when opening older projects with Melodyne which were created in previous versions of S1 in the latest v4. Also see suggestions for resizing windows where the window handles are out of screen range.

Not that it is of any help but I've experienced many crashes when opening v2 songs in v3, which included Melodyne processed tracks. I now render/bounce all tracks with Melodyne processing as soon as I open older projects to avoid the crashes! Whether this is the same for S1v3 to S1v4 I don't know.

The rectangles instead of blobs is because the zoom is too far out. You can use 'control+alt' and drag acrooss the screen to change the horizontal and vertical resolutions to get the blobs as you want them.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was having a hard time even getting to the far right of the Melodyne window. SOP4 even crashed several times as I was trying to resize the screen. I re-attached the Melodyne editor and everything is fine. I was even able to get the MIDI editor window to not size properly by opening it and closing it several times so I'm just guessing that this is a window issue when the editors are detached.

iMac Pro 3.2GHz 8-Core Xeon 32GB, 1TB SSD, Glyph Atom SSD, UAD Apollo Twin MKII Duo, UAD TB Satellite Quad, Console 1, FaderPort, Adam A7X, Central Station, StudioOne 4, VSL, NI, Waves, Arturia, Softube
by jpettit on Tue May 29, 2018 9:23 pm
They are tracking down several Melodyne large issues.
What resolution are you running?

Have you filed a support ticket?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jpettit on Tue May 29, 2018 9:44 pm
jstummbillig wroteAnyone else having the issue where both the new the import song data and the old way of doing it through the browser are missing a lot of tracks/busses/fx channels? Anyone having a work around?

Your going to have to give us al lot more details about what your doing and seeing.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by 2KA on Tue May 29, 2018 9:47 pm
jpettit wroteHow much of a delay?
Also, I did not see that issue in the video.

Looks like 1-2 samples to me when I zoom in. The point is that this delay didn´t show up in prior versions of S1. Bouncing processing plugins is sample accurate. VSti bouncing seems to be broken to me.
by kaygeeeff on Tue May 29, 2018 10:34 pm
Hi Guys!
I've just upgraded from Studio One 3 Pro, to Studio One 4 Pro.
All seems to be fine except that, although I have Melodyne 4 installed and working perfectly in Studio One 3, Studio One 4 will only offer to download and install the free version instead of opening Melodyne 4?
I've triple checked the locations for Melodyne 4 and even uninstalled it and re-installed, deleted the locations and reattached. No good.
Any assistance will be gratefully received!

Presonus Studio One 6 Pro (always the latest update!) Presonus Sphere Member, Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2.Ai. Too many Waves Plugins. Melodyne 5 Pro, EZ Drummer 2, EZ Keys, Active Drummer, Active Keys. Notion 6. Ozone 10. Ozone Suite including RX 10 etc.
Owner: Footloose Recording Studios. NSW. Australia
by seanclarke on Wed May 30, 2018 3:23 am
Hi

I just got back on the forum as I was one of the people who had my V3 licence wiped and couldn't use my V4! To top it all off I couldn't post on the forum for help as I had lost my registered user status! :hunf: Frustrating couple of days, but everything back in order now...I wont be so quick with the buy button next time however!

I also had trouble with Meoldyne Studio 4 initially, I had to reinstall it and then run it in stand alone mode (outside of the DAW) before it would show up in S1 4.

All that said, I like the update- I am in the singer/songwriter category and I write music for myself and very rarely record full bands or other musicians, this is an update for people like me.

My top feature is the pattern sequencer, its a great start and I am sure it will be updated to make it even more productive and fun, the possibility to have a full Elektron style sequencer built in to the DAW. I have already fired off a few suggestions ;)

Studio: S1, BWS, Live and way too many plugs- i7 Win 10 X64, X32 , Nektar P6, Roland TD27, Elektron OT, A4 and RYTM, P08, DM12, modular stuff, basses, guitars and amps!
by kaygeeeff on Wed May 30, 2018 3:53 am
Hi Seanclarke!
Thanks for the tip! I’ll try that and let you know how I go!
What gave you the idea to do that?

Presonus Studio One 6 Pro (always the latest update!) Presonus Sphere Member, Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2.Ai. Too many Waves Plugins. Melodyne 5 Pro, EZ Drummer 2, EZ Keys, Active Drummer, Active Keys. Notion 6. Ozone 10. Ozone Suite including RX 10 etc.
Owner: Footloose Recording Studios. NSW. Australia
by crussell on Wed May 30, 2018 4:24 am
jpettit wroteThey are tracking down several Melodyne large issues.

Have you filed a support ticket?

I have an iMac Pro which runs at 5K. I'll create a ticket tomorrow. I want to do more testing first to help narrow it down.

iMac Pro 3.2GHz 8-Core Xeon 32GB, 1TB SSD, Glyph Atom SSD, UAD Apollo Twin MKII Duo, UAD TB Satellite Quad, Console 1, FaderPort, Adam A7X, Central Station, StudioOne 4, VSL, NI, Waves, Arturia, Softube
by seanclarke on Wed May 30, 2018 4:24 am
kaygeeeff wroteHi Seanclarke!
Thanks for the tip! I’ll try that and let you know how I go!
What gave you the idea to do that?

I just tried everything!

Studio: S1, BWS, Live and way too many plugs- i7 Win 10 X64, X32 , Nektar P6, Roland TD27, Elektron OT, A4 and RYTM, P08, DM12, modular stuff, basses, guitars and amps!
by jstummbillig on Wed May 30, 2018 5:56 am
jpettit wrote
jstummbillig wroteAnyone else having the issue where both the new the import song data and the old way of doing it through the browser are missing a lot of tracks/busses/fx channels? Anyone having a work around?

Your going to have to give us al lot more details about what your doing and seeing.

Thanks for your time!

I am trying to import song data (through the new import function or the old browser route) and a lot of the tracks/busses/fx channels simply do not show up in the import screen, as if they did not exist in the song I am trying to import from (but when I open that song in v4 they sure are there). The song I checked on has around, idk, 80 tracks so. Of that around 40 of them show up in the import screen. I do not recognize any logic when it comes to the missing tracks (some tracks are missing, some busses are missing, some fx channels are missing). I am running Windows 7.

If you feel there is a lot of detail missing pertinent to the issue, please help a fellow out and tell me what you need to know and I'll be happy to provide. I am not trying to be vague, I just think I sufficiently described my issue to at least have it recognized by someone else who might be having the same one.

EDIT: According to https://youtu.be/HzJw1CLzN_0?t=487 the problem seems to stem from any channels not showing up in the arrange window being excluded from this import function. So, if you wanna import for example a bus you apparently need to make an (empty) automation track.

Kaputtmacher Musikproduktion
http://kaputtmacher.com
by Bbd on Wed May 30, 2018 7:19 am
You are correct in that if you want to use Song Import to import buses, you need to create an automation track for the buses first.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by garyanderson5 on Wed May 30, 2018 7:59 am
2KA wrote
Bbd wrote

I just tested this with Impact XT in 4.0 and on my side I don't see an issue. Perhaps it is the preset you are using. I created one track with Impact XT, brought in a preset and then duplicated it fully. I then used MixTool to reverse polarity on the second track. When playing both tracks they nulled out as expected.

I am speaking of an audio file on a track against the audio file in Impact XT. Used to trigger drums without 3rd party plugins this way.Seems not to work anymore. Just watched a video on Youtube from Studio One experts with the same technique.

Thanks for responding.

Tried Impact XT and Sample one XT with a simple kick. Null both times so working fine when you bounce to a new track from Impact XT or Sample one XT. Sorry for the bad pics not my thing lol. I just used a simple kick drum in Impact and sample one XT and the original sample on an audio track. Bounced Impact and sample one down to audio, inverted the phase and they nulled both times.

I then tried just the sample playing alongside Impact XT triggerd by midi note data with 2 plugins that could invert phase just to rule out mix tool as the cause and noticed something strange. Sometimes it nulls and sometimes you still get a portion of the audio leeking through. Had to press play and stop a dozen times to make it null and leek audio while it was phase inverted but there is something strange going on there as it should be 100% null regardless how many times you press stop and play. Tried the phase invert vst on both the audio track and the instrument track. Same result, random null and random leeked audio.

First image setup is were the sound is randomly leeked through with a basic audio file kick and the same kick in Impact XT tracking together.

The second image setup has zero problems, Impact XT was muted and the kick sample was bounced down to a new track from Impact XT and they were again tracked side by side.

Can anyone confirm this?

Attachments
DD.PNG
DD.PNG (9.24 KiB) Viewed 11747 times
impact xt.PNG

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by 2KA on Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 am
garyanderson5 wrote
Tried Impact XT and Sample one XT with a simple kick. Null both times so working fine here. Sorry for the bad pic not my thing lol. But i just used a simple kick drum in Impact and sample one XT and the original sample on an audio track. Bounced Impact and sample one down to audio inverted the phase and they nulled both times.

I then tried just the sample playing alongside Impact XT triggerd by midi note data with 2 plugins that could invert phase just to rule out mix tool as the cause and noticed something strange. Sometimes it nulls and sometimes you still get a portion of the audio leeking through. Had to press play and stop a dozen times to make it null and leek audio while it was phase inverted but there is something strange going on there as it should be 100% null regardless how many times you press stop and play.

First image is were the sound is randomly leeked through. The second image has zero problems. At least for me.

Thanks for your time.

Don´t understand how Presonus even considers releasing a demo which doesn´t work as intended.

Did see on Youtube that choking made troubles. Seems to work when reverted to none again. Think have to apply for a new demo once the dust settles.
by lisarowe on Wed May 30, 2018 10:28 am
My issue from three pages ago was:
Faders and actual volume during playback acting wonky. (joke.)
Faders on tracks were jumping down suddenly in level when I hit the space bar to stop.
During automation, inserting points was causing volume to drop suddenly.
There are other strange behaviors also, but kind of hard to put into words just now.

I believe I narrowed the problem to something to do with VCA channels.
Working with volume automation on a folder bus that is linked to a VCA channel. Starting, stopping playback and inserting points all caused the folder fader to jump down in volume with no discernable pattern. Resuming playback, volume is not always consistent with the fader level. And in History, many moves are not being recorded. Also, undoing history sometimes 'fixes' problem and sometimes doesn't.
I discovered that 'tweaking' the fader on the VCA resolves the issue temporarily.

(edited)
Thanks.
: )
Lisa

Edit: I have figured out how VCA channels represent themselves in the automation lanes of the tracks they affect. This was not an obvious conclusion from the Youtube video or the manual -- it wasn't addressed specifically.
That being said, I know that there is a real problem with my automation lanes in S1 4.
I started a new thread for that.

Dell Laptop, Intel Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit, Studio One Pro 5.1
Rode AI-1
Audiobox 44VSL
AKAI 25 and Keystep 32 midi controllers
8-)
by alexbarbed on Wed May 30, 2018 11:33 am
Another bluescreen. This time I tried to Revert my song (back to last saved version.)

File -> Revert -> Instant Blue Screen.

I'd go back to version 3 if I could but I can't!

Windows 10, 64 bit, S1 4

Song was using UVI Workstation and Sforzando VST. :(
by jalcide on Wed May 30, 2018 11:58 am
PreAl wrote
frederichodshon1 wrote
jalcide wrote...unless you are never going to install any software of any sort ever again on your PC and disconnect the internet (and throw away the key).

Thanks. Sound advice, of course.

Though, after just completing a massive DAW updating frenzy (coming back after a bit of a hiatus) I, for the first time ever, have all my plugins working; including two VE Pro connect slave DAWs, and with not a single crash, stutter nor hiccup yet!

It's like the planets aligned, in my setup. A magical era where older, problematic plugins have been updated and fixed, and the ones that did work aren't broken with their new updates. Even my Nvidia video drivers, that used to bump into an older, known issue with metering UI slowdowns in some Waves plugins, have updated and now work. Not sure if it was fixed on Nvidia's side, Waves' or both, but it's the first time I didn't have to use a Waves' patch to fix it after a Windows update.

So, I think I may indeed unplug that DAW from the internet and throw away the key (for a good long while)!

Probably not, but I'm strongly considering it :lol:

The DAWs are single-task dedicated via removable SSD trays, so it wouldn't hurt too badly.

That said, I do want the new Patterns feature in v4, so I may upgrade S1 after all. :lol:
by crussell on Wed May 30, 2018 2:12 pm
crussell wrote
jpettit wroteThey are tracking down several Melodyne large issues.

I have an iMac Pro which runs at 5K. I'll create a ticket tomorrow. I want to do more testing first to help narrow it down.

I'm currently setting up an iMac 2.3 GHz i5, 16GB for work. I always install StudioOne for demos. I created a new song, added a drum loop, edited it with Melodyne, I then detached and attached the editor about 5 times. It then displayed the same weird screen that appeared on my iMac Pro. There was no data on the screen and the Melodyne window had a dark grey additional window attached to it. Then SOP4 crashed. I'll have to send a screen shot tomorrow. So I consider that good news that my iMac Pro isn't actually misbehaving.

by chasnaylor on Wed May 30, 2018 4:13 pm
jpsbuk wrote
chasnaylor wrote
justinmiree wrote
Ok - new edit: Maschine now scans correctly in to V4! I ran Maschine stand-alone, closed it and then asked S1 to re-scan. Not sure what was going on there!

Ah, yes. I think that is an NI thing, not S1. You have to open the standalone to get the VST to build the database. It was the same for S1v3, I'm fairly sure.

526 postsPage 21 of 27
1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27