9 posts
Page 1 of 1
In Sample One XT, there is a list of used samples in the upper right corner. On a Windows computer, it is possible to right click the samples and choose "Show in Explorer" as a convenient way to locate the sample for using it elsewhere in the song.

Is there anything similar in Impact XT? I can not find it.

phpBB [audio]
by Lawrence on Sat May 26, 2018 7:00 am
Browser > Pool. Filter it by Location or Track there to see what's using what.

Spend some time exploring the UI and a lot of that kind of stuff will be obvious enough. Forums are good, especially like here where there are always nice people willing to help, but just exploring a little bit in your spare time will answer the next 4-5 question as well.
by svenhedlund on Sat May 26, 2018 7:04 am
Lawrence wroteBrowser > Pool. Filter it by Location or Track there to see what's using what.

Spend some time exploring the UI and a lot of that kind of stuff will be obvious enough. Forums are good, especially like here where there are always nice people willing to help, but just exploring a little bit in your spare time will answer the next 4-5 question as well.

Thanks but I already checked there, the Pool does not seem to be populated by the samples of Impact XT.

phpBB [audio]
by Lawrence on Sat May 26, 2018 7:22 am
You are correct. Apologies. Now I'll have to figure out why I used to see some impact audio sources listed in the pool in v3 but don't now. See the image below from v3. It's always been that way with Impact, where the samples listed that way. Not sure if it not doing that now in v4 is a bug or by design.

impact sample.png
impact sample.png (4.91 KiB) Viewed 7946 times

And again, apologies. I assumed (incorrectly it appears) that since you've been around since 2015 that you would seen that before in v2, 3, etc if you'd ever used Impact before, but it doesn't appear to do the same in v4.

Interestingly enough, loading that v3 test song into V4 does load and also list that sample in the pool but the file is listed in the "unused" folder, and dropping in new files the new ones don't list anywhere.

not used.png

Anyway, sorry for the longish post. I tend to always dig into stuff before asking why, just to see if behaviors may have changed or something and they appear to have changed in this case.
by Lawrence on Sat May 26, 2018 8:11 am
Update: This has been reported. The source samples not listing in the pool for those instruments has some other potentially negative consequences.
by svenhedlund on Sat May 26, 2018 10:36 am
Lawrence wroteYou are correct. Apologies. Now I'll have to figure out why I used to see some impact audio sources listed in the pool in v3 but don't now. See the image below from v3. It's always been that way with Impact, where the samples listed that way. Not sure if it not doing that now in v4 is a bug or by design.

impact sample.png

And again, apologies. I assumed (incorrectly it appears) that since you've been around since 2015 that you would seen that before in v2, 3, etc if you'd ever used Impact before, but it doesn't appear to do the same in v4.

Interestingly enough, loading that v3 test song into V4 does load and also list that sample in the pool but the file is listed in the "unused" folder, and dropping in new files the new ones don't list anywhere.

not used.png

Anyway, sorry for the longish post. I tend to always dig into stuff before asking why, just to see if behaviors may have changed or something and they appear to have changed in this case.

No worries Lawrence. I was a frequent user of Studio One up to a year or so ago, when I finally got tired of waiting for a few important missing things in SO. A decent sampler was one of them. I more or less migrated to Ableton Live. When SO 4 was announced I got interested enough to download the trial as it seems as if Presonus has adressed some the things that made me leave.

But, since Live is so different from SO, I am a bit rusty.

Thanks for your help. And thanks for reporting this issue to Presonus!

phpBB [audio]
by kennymoran1 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:55 pm
I too was having this problem as a brand new user. I couldn't where individual samples where found for Imapt XT. For me I was looking the drum samples. i found them in the Browser / Files / Sound Sets / ... (folder) ... (individual samples)

Hope this helps anyone looking to find them.

Kenny

Attachments
Studio One Samples (1).jpg
by Jemusic on Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:13 am
The names of the actual samples are displayed in Impact XT. (As opposed to the name of the pad which is something different)

You can search samples using the actual sample title. Tell the search where to look as well. You can also display in Explorer where the samples live. They can be dragged out or copied and pasted too.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by simoneisner on Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:29 pm
Perfect. Thanks Kenny!

kennymoran1 wroteI too was having this problem as a brand new user. I couldn't where individual samples where found for Imapt XT. For me I was looking the drum samples. i found them in the Browser / Files / Sound Sets / ... (folder) ... (individual samples)

Hope this helps anyone looking to find them.

Kenny

9 posts
Page 1 of 1