62 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
raymondwave wrote1) Yes, but it works with proper chords only.
2) See the attached image, I have an arp that plays Dm until at the end there is one note out of the chord. If there was a way to tell studio one "this is a Dm chord" it might be able to understand that it must not touch it when the chord track plays Dm and transpose that whole sequence properly to other chords when needed, that one "off note" would be moved in relation to the chord.

3) So I'm saying (or have now understood) that it works with 100% exact chords only.

4) if there is no way to incorporate melodies, harmonies or so. I know they couldn't always transpose perfectly anyway, but for sketching purposes this would be cool and if you could print/render the chords after you are set, you could make the final adjustments to everything that didn't quite match.

1) It shifts all the notes in the track to the "follow mode". Have you tried the other two for Instruments?
2) If you want to preserve a Note or even an Event within a track set to follow that would be a Feature request. Workarounds would be to but your the melodies you wan exactly preserved on a sperate track and turn follow off.
3) See (1)
4) Another FR

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jpettit on Fri May 25, 2018 11:07 am
phpBB [video]

Jonny Lipsham demonstrates both audio and Instrument detection and changing chords/transposing.

One minor update, at end Circle of Fifth #/b spelling is based on your root key.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jpettit on Fri May 25, 2018 11:09 am
phpBB [video]

Good overview form Marcus Huyskens.

by JohnBW on Fri May 25, 2018 2:45 pm
Thanks, Jeff!!! :+1

I also noticed that Groove3 just put up a Studio One 4 Advanced tutorial. The first two videos are free samples and cover chord track overview and setting up the chord track.

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Studio-One-4-Advanced

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by ericbiggins on Sat May 26, 2018 9:29 am
jpettit wrote
ericbiggins wroteThanks for the the work. I have been trying to get an answer from Presonus on this but so far nothing, perhaps you can help.

How can Chord track tuning be change to reflect alternative tunings? I tune down a half step and also use drop D tuning at times as well as some open tunings and I would like when I play a E for it show as a E not Eb. Is there anyway to change the tuning without affecting the picth going back up a half step?

I think you mean change key but not the actual data. No, but please add an FR.

In the case of dropped tuning you are playing an Eb

Thank you very much for your response. Yes I understand I am actually playing a Eb, but I don't want to think in a flat key. I only play tuned down because of severe neuropathy which causes muscle weakness. I would like to know and still haven't heard from Presonus is if I can change the tuning of the chord wheel without affecting the pitch. So I can put in that I'm playing a half step down or any step and it automatically transposes the chord names as standard with out stretching the audio. Similar to how I can set my tuner for a 1/2 step down and a Eb reads as E

I'm not sure if I'm communicating this clearly or how to communicate it.
by jpettit on Sat May 26, 2018 2:16 pm
Perfectly understandable.

This is a new feature and it is best to create an FR for shifting chords with out shifting the key.
Use cases

Drop tuning
Some flat tuned instruments
Capo chords.

by hendrik84 on Sat May 26, 2018 3:49 pm
Does the Chord Track not detect chords with a different bass note?

I recorded myself playing D with F# in bass but the software only gave me the D chord?
by jpettit on Sat May 26, 2018 4:30 pm
hendrik84 wroteDoes the Chord Track not detect chords with a different bass note?

I recorded myself playing D with F# in bass but the software only gave me the D chord?

Are you talking about Audio Detection or Instrument Detection or Chord Selector Input Detection?

There is a lot to answering what and why.

1) the timing of the notes.
2) the track type
3) the method of detection

by jpettit on Sat May 26, 2018 4:38 pm
To ALL with formal music theory training (not me ;-) )

The accuracy of the chord naming/spelling is well at an initial release level and will improve over time. ;)
Although there was a ton of work put into it, some of it is not totally under the immediate control of Presonus.
The MIDI input/ Instrument track algorithms are.
The Audio track detection is 3rd party code and as such improvement rates will vary.

This will compound as ARA2 plugins are released that supports the Chord Track.

Just wanted people to be aware of the challenges.

Thanks

by briandeeley on Sun May 27, 2018 12:50 pm
Just excellent. Many thanks!
by Orbit-50 on Mon May 28, 2018 9:27 pm
Thank you very much for this. I love manuals!
by dmitrypetrenko on Tue May 29, 2018 4:57 am
Thank you!
by TomTama on Thu May 31, 2018 6:15 am
Thank you!!!

2013 Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, TB2, 64GB RAM, Catalina 10.15.7, Dell 43" 4K Monitor, Luna Display, 2X Apollo x8, Apollo x8p, UAD OCTO TB3 Satellite, UAD QUAD TB3 Satellite, UAD V9.14.5, UA OX 1.2, Studio One 5.4, Dangerous Dbox+, Dangerous 2-Bus LT, MiniDSP w/Dirac 2.0, Behringer PowerPlay P16-M & P16-I, ATOM, SSL UF8, Akai Advance 49, Focal Twin 6be, Focal Sub6
by jpettit on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:35 pm
phpBB [video]

by wibem on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:08 pm
Is there a link to download the chord-macros, which are in one of pictures in the handbook?

SO 1 ver. 5.5, Macbook Pro OS 10.13
by kennilsen on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:45 am
Thanks for this, Jeff :thumbup:
All the best.

Win 10 X64, Studio One Pro 4.5, SONAR Platinum/CbB, Mixbus 5.
Console 1, Tascam FW 1884, AKAI MPK25, M-Audio Keystation 61 es, Alesis DM6.
RME Ucx w/ ARC, UA LA 610mkII, Drawmer MX Pro 60.
Heil PR 40 (Also known as Mike), Røde NT1A, MXL 990
https://soundcloud.com/zargg
by [email protected] on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:32 am
Only recently purchased S1 4 and I am really enjoying this chord functionality. To date I've really just been experimenting and generating ideas so this handbook will better help me understand why I get the results I do and even expand to other ideas.
Really looking forward to this functionality continuing to expand over time. Thanks jpettit!
by jpettit on Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:06 am
Thank you.
Yes I am hoping that in the future they will
1) improve the auditioning of the chord prior to making a change for musicians who play by ear.
2) enhancements to the circle of fifths to help people to understand chords in a key and the next level music theory such as borrowing chords
3) add a mode that actually creates the chords in the instrument track per the wheel.
4) enhance the heads up of chords so new musicians in a session can easly follow along from across the room.

And of course improve chord detection and spelling or give preference for slash chords verses extended spellings.

Something I have not seen anyone talk of but perhaps make a video in the future but the fun and surprising good results found by applying random musical and audio loops from the supplied loop library that inherite the progression. :thumbup:

by wallygontowski on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 am
jpettit wrotePlease find attached a 10-page Chord Track Explained handbook. This unofficial guide augments the 4.0 manual with additional procedures for crafting your song ideas, further explanations and many power tips to get the most out of the first version of this very creative tool.
Studio One Chord Track Explained V1.0.pdf

Enjoy :-)

Little late to the game. Nice job! Very helpful. Appreciate your effort!

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Pro, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 2 X 4TB Internal Hard Drives, 3 X 4TB External BU Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors, Custom built desk with integral Rack mount.

My WEB site: http://www.gontowski.com/music
by mikehowell1 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:15 am
Just stumbled across this jem- very nice and TYVM!

iMac 27" 3.8 GHz 8 Core i7 Processor, 64 GB DDR4 Ram, 4 SSD DRV, UA Apollo Quad, Faderport 8, Softube Console 1- and on and on and on....

62 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4