202 postsPage 10 of 11
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
They pulled down both the YouTube video and the retail site no longer lists Studio One 4.

It will be officially announced in about 7 hours.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by Skaperverket on Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 am
Wow! Many great new features and improvements for producers and musicians. And a couple of the features might be what will make some people transition from PT to S1.

And with the new luminescence range I guess we now can guess what the dark clouds symbolized.

Personally, I find many of the additions really, really handy. I'm stoked! :+1
by ionian on Tue May 22, 2018 2:09 am
Skaperverket wroteWow! Many great new features and improvements for producers and musicians. And a couple of the features might be what will make some people transition from PT to S1.

And with the new luminescence range I guess we now can guess what the dark clouds symbolized.

I missed it before they pulled the video. What did you see?

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
by DubLifeSD on Tue May 22, 2018 2:12 am
:thumbup:
Last edited by DubLifeSD on Tue May 22, 2018 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1 v3.5 Pro / Ableton Live 9
Win 7 64bit / i7 2600K / 8gb ram
UR22 audio interface
by jw31 on Tue May 22, 2018 2:14 am
I'm glad that fellow in the announcement keeps saying they've only scratched the surface of the new features, because so far none of the things I've hoped for in feature requests with large #s of upvotes have been mentioned. It's more like Presonus Studio Drum Edition so far.. I can see where the focus is.

I keep hoping for expression mapping, MPE support, pre-recording for MIDI, all very popular in the feature requests section.

Perhaps they're in there and just not the initial marketing focus, I can still hope right?

Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra

whitepianos.blogspot.com
by Skaperverket on Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 am
ionian wrote
Skaperverket wroteWow! Many great new features and improvements for producers and musicians. And a couple of the features might be what will make some people transition from PT to S1.

I missed it before they pulled the video. What did you see?

PM'ed you. :)
by ionian on Tue May 22, 2018 2:26 am
Was hoping for even basic notation. Notion sadly is substandard at the moment and needs serious fixing before it's ready for any kind of serious work.

I know Presonus likes to tout Notion as being notation for Studio One, and I bought into it but that was before I realized that it's incapable of even really basic stuff like splitting notes to a piano staff, which is rather embarrassing for presonus.

Nothing so far seems to be all that impressive. Obviously I have no choice but to eat what Presonus spoon feeds me, but at the moment the videos aren't very impressive and I,too, am hoping there's some serious features that they haven't touched on.

- Arthur C. Clarke
by pawelhebda on Tue May 22, 2018 2:35 am
it's not the way I've expected to see from this geat developer :( - those chords track are for kids. If you can't play chords - do not make music!!! We need:

Articulation editor - for serious composers!!!
Surround sound implementation - guys its 2018 and pro version cares only two channels!!!

Glad to see AAF and track notes. But it's look more like 3.6 overall.
Why make another sampler if all the world use Kontakt?
by wdkbeats on Tue May 22, 2018 2:44 am
What did I tell you :) The number says 4.0 but it's just 3.6. No groundbreaking new features, just some nice additions and improvements. But I'm happy with what we're getting today, love the new Sampler XT and Impact XT, step sequencer and session data import! Studio One is the best! :punk:

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by donaldbaarns on Tue May 22, 2018 2:48 am
Until we have it in our hands, there is no way to be sure of the scope of it.

Plus nobody had to upgrade if the features don't work for them.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by jonwright on Tue May 22, 2018 2:48 am
I'm holding out until the main announcement before making too many judgements, just in case there are additional features that don't appear in the videos.

While many of the new features look good, I hope there's a bit more to come on the MIDI editing side.

----------

Studio One 5.1.1 - Mac OS X 10.15.7. iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 - 32GB RAM.
https://www.jonathanwrightmusic.com
by ionian on Tue May 22, 2018 2:53 am
Hoping for them improving CPU efficiency. Improving the tempo track was much requested. Lots of little things. I'm hoping it's in there but they're not playing it up because they're trying to lure people in with the new beat programming instead.

Also strangely no mention of ara 2.

- Arthur C. Clarke
by roblof on Tue May 22, 2018 2:57 am
If you click around on that site you can still access everything but the video.

386khz audio support is quite cool 8-) I can now finally record the bats flying around in my neighborhood :punk:

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by pawelhebda on Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 am
ionian wroteHoping for them improving CPU efficiency. Improving the tempo track was much requested. Lots of little things. I'm hoping it's in there but they're not playing it up because they're trying to lure people in with the new beat programming instead.

Also strangely no mention of ara 2.

Tempo Track - still works the way from Atarii era :)
by Skaperverket on Tue May 22, 2018 3:20 am
The ARA 2 feature doesn't seem to be ready for prime time just yet, it appears. The Reaper guys say they have it ready and will release it once the first ARA 2 plug-in is released. I'm sure PreSonus is ready as well. It's probably Celemony that is delaying it and needs some extra time for beta testing etc. We will probably get it in an incremental update.

I was hoping for streamlined versions of everything Studio One X once was. I'm sure we'll see that too in an incremental update.

This version 4 seems to be targeted towards bedroom producers and beatmakers, and that is a huge market. Being able to compete with FL Studio on workflow for starting new beats appears to be the one to beat, and these new features could make a lot of sense finacially.

Pro Tools also seem to be having some image problems lately, so I assume a few of these new features are exactly what was preventing some people making the switch.

I also like the little GUI changes in the mixer.

Great job on this update!
by robertgray3 on Tue May 22, 2018 3:27 am
pawelhebda wroteIf you can't play chords - do not make music!!!

Hm, what if your voice is your primary instrument? :mrgreen:

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by pawelhebda on Tue May 22, 2018 4:20 am
robertgray3 wrote

is't always the time to start learn play piano when :)

than biggest chance is to be more creative than for example mr. Sheeran transposing his own songs all the time with 4-5 same chords (same verse and chorus) and making records :)
by danielbutler1 on Tue May 22, 2018 4:47 am
pawelhebda wrote
robertgray3 wrote

is't always the time to start learn play piano when :)

than biggest chance is to be more creative than for example mr. Sheeran transposing his own songs all the time with 4-5 same chords (same verse and chorus) and making records :)

A great track isn't determined by how many chords were used,it's how they were used,some of the biggest selling songs of all time only used 4/5 chords
I very much doubt the Multi Millionaire Ed Sheeran cares one jot what you think about his use of chords

Windows 10 64 bit (1809)
32GB of LPX vengeance RAM
I7700K cpu

Line 6 Helix Rack (Audio Interface)
Studio one 4 Pro 64bit :punk:
by daniellesaux on Tue May 22, 2018 6:45 am
robertgray3 wrote

Nice! Agreed! :thumbup:

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net
by lordjingjing on Tue May 22, 2018 6:50 am
Don't mean to be a hater, I really love working with S.O. V2 that is. Must ask,,did any of you had trouble in the beginning to get used to the dark backgrounds and dim text, the flatness where everything just seems to blend together, but now you like it? (or at least don't get bothered by it) Cause personally the times I tried working with v.3 I just loose my focus and effiency trying to navigate and the dark flatness / dim colours drains all the creative joy :( . Which sucks. Is it a matter of getting used to or do you just love it or hate it? :| Cause I really want all the new features! :D Sorry if this is OT or a question that has been discussed before. :oops:

202 postsPage 10 of 11
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11