14 posts
Page 1 of 1
If I do a "Mixdown Selection" S1P produces a new track with the mixdown of the selected tracks. It also grays out the original tracks and they don't play.

Is there any way to "undo" the mixdown so that original tracks are back to normal?

Is there a way to mixdown tracks without it affecting the original tracks?

For context.. What I am doing is mixing down multi-track drums from a live recording and using the mixdown track as a guide track to build a tempo map with melodyne. Once I've built the tempo map and dragged it to the tempo track, I want to get rid of the mixdown track and go back to the original multi-tracks.

Thanks, gabo

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf
by mikemanthei on Thu May 17, 2018 2:02 pm
I'm not at my computer right now but if I understand what you're doing, I think the original tracks are just muted. I think if you right click on the grayed-out events, you can unmute them

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Tacman7 on Thu May 17, 2018 2:03 pm
Did you try undo?

You right click and unmute the tracks if that doesn't work.

I know you can undo a recording but that still leaves a file in the pool. I always use delete unused so they get picked up there.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by tomgastauer1 on Thu May 17, 2018 4:58 pm
In the menu that gives you your Mixdown options, there is a box that you can uncheck so that it won't put a copy of the Mixdown in your project, by default it will put a copy in

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Studio One 4.0, 3.5
Sonar Platinum
Faderport 8
Console One
Apollo Twin USB Duo
UAD Octo Core Satellite
Windows 7 64x
I7 Quad-core
16g ram
by Lawrence on Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm
Mixdown selection, bounce to new track, etc, assumes that you don't want to hear two copies of the same clips so it mutes the original. If you still do want to hear the original clips, un-mute them
by garybowling on Fri May 18, 2018 10:14 am
Yea obviously you guys haven't tried this! It doesn't mute them as in the "mute button." It grays them out and they are muted. If you delete the mixdown track, I can't figure out any way to make the tracks play.

Someone suggested "undo." Well of course I can undo it, but that also undoes anything else I did all the way back to that event, rendering it useless.

There are no "mixdown options," this is not an export mixdown, it's a mixdown selection under the event menu. From what I can see this is a useless menu item if there is no way to go back an deal with the tracks after you use it.

I can work around it by exporting the mixdown, then importing it back in as a new track. But I just thought there might be a better way.

thanks, gabo

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
by SwitchBack on Fri May 18, 2018 10:46 am
I’d sidestep the issue. You can ‘song - export mixdown’ the drum tracks to a new file (temporarily solo the drum tracks for this, or mute everything else), pull that new file into the song and delete the track once you’re done with it. Gives you time to figure out the other thing when you have time for it :)
by lawrencefarr on Fri May 18, 2018 11:07 am
garybowling wroteYea obviously you guys haven't tried this! It doesn't mute them as in the "mute button." It grays them out and they are muted. If you delete the mixdown track, I can't figure out any way to make the tracks play.

Un-mute the clip(s). Muted clips are... erhm... muted... they won't play. That's (grayed out) what a muted clip looks like. Select the clips and hit Shift+M, toggle mute. See the attached image where the first clip is muted and ... muted things don't play.

Select that clip and hit Shift + M and it will play again.

muted clips.png
muted clips.png (8.45 KiB) Viewed 7763 times

See the reference manual section Arranging > Bouncing...

When an Instrument Part is bounced, the Part is muted, since the new Audio Event is taking its place. The Instrument Part is grayed out to indicate this. To toggle the mute on the Part, select the Part and press [Shift]+[M] on the keyboard.

Studio One Technical Support | QA
------------------------------------------------
Issue Reporting Add-On - Version 4.3.0
------------------------------------------------
Kontakt 6 | MOTU Mach 5 | Spitfire BBCSO Core & Albion One | Cinematic Studio Solo Strings | Vienna Synchron Prime | Cinesamples Musio | NI Session Horns Pro | Toontrack EZ Drummer, EZ Bass,& EZ Keys | Relab LX480 Complete | Soundtoys Little Plate & Echoboy
by mikemanthei on Fri May 18, 2018 11:17 am
garybowling wroteYea obviously you guys haven't tried this! It doesn't mute them as in the "mute button." It grays them out and they are muted. If you delete the mixdown track, I can't figure out any way to make the tracks play.

Or.... maybe we HAVE obviously tried this and gave you the correct answer yesterday.
mikemanthei wroteI'm not at my computer right now but if I understand what you're doing, I think the original tracks are just muted. I think if you right click on the grayed-out events, you can unmute them

Un mute the events.

Not the tracks...
Not the channels..

The EVENTS

a) Right click the event,
b) Select "Event" (General operations for Events)
c) Select "UnMute"

It's like magic.

Yeah, I know its frustrating when you don't get an answer. Imagine how frustrating it is when you give someone the answer but they would rather vent on the 'net instead of learning something.

:)

Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by garybowling on Fri May 18, 2018 3:30 pm
mikemanthei wroteOr.... maybe we HAVE obviously tried this and gave you the correct answer yesterday.

mikemanthei wroteI'm not at my computer right now but if I understand what you're doing, I think the original tracks are just muted. I think if you right click on the grayed-out events, you can unmute them

Un mute the events.

Not the tracks...
Not the channels..

The EVENTS

c) Select "UnMute"

It's like magic.

Yeah, I know its frustrating when you don't get an answer. Imagine how frustrating it is when you give someone the answer but they would rather vent on the 'net instead of learning something.

Internet forum lashing accepted :oops: You are correct, my bad, and any other form of apology I could come up with.

You are correct, "UnMute" the "EVENTS" works.

Thanks for that, I'm not too big to accept a lashing when I need one!

Thanks, gabo

The Moderns,
by mikemanthei on Fri May 18, 2018 4:28 pm
You show great wisdom and restraint.

We have all been there, done that. I just wanted to remind everyone that some of us try really hard to understand the problem before we give the solution. But it's so easy to overlook the answer when you're frustrated.

If you find yourself in Colorado look me up. I'll buy you a beer and we'll have a laugh.

Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by garybowling on Fri May 18, 2018 4:49 pm
mikemanthei wroteYou show great wisdom and restraint.

We have all been there, done that. I just wanted to remind everyone that some of us try really hard to understand the problem before we give the solution. But it's so easy to overlook the answer when you're frustrated.

If you find yourself in Colorado look me up. I'll buy you a beer and we'll have a laugh.

Yea for sure man. It's all about having fun getting stuff done and sharing a laugh with a friend. I do appreciate the help, I obviously had my head up my arse when I read your help the first time.

Likewise if you're ever in the neighborhood of Northern Mi, we can buy each other a beer and share that laugh!

Thanks, gabo

The Moderns,
by Lawrence on Sat May 19, 2018 8:39 am
Man hug. :) :mrgreen:

The root of the problem (and not just for you but in general) is that most people just don't read manuals. They buy new software, run into something they don't understand, and post forum threads with exclamation points in them. :D

Honestly, for any relatively complex software, taking 15-20 minutes a day to read over the manual really does help.

It's a "man thing" I suppose, it's much less prevalent in the female species, like not reading the map on the dashboard and getting lost on a trip. :mrgreen: .

https://www.geek.com/news/study-says-64 ... rt-969371/

"...you can extrapolate some sociological theories from it: Are men so arrogant about their tech knowhow that they don’t even do the simplest thing when buying a new gadget, which is read the instructions?"
by robertpickering on Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:13 am
mikemanthei wrote

Or.... maybe we HAVE obviously tried this and gave you the correct answer yesterday.

Un mute the events.

Not the tracks...
Not the channels..

The EVENTS

c) Select "UnMute"

It's like magic.

Thank you - finally some sense!

14 posts
Page 1 of 1