15 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I'm having this really annoying problem and I've searched everywhere for a fix but haven't had any luck..
Basically I've recently upgraded to a macbook pro late 2017 (15 inch macOS high sierra 10.13.4, 2.8GHz ,16gb RAM) installed Studio one 3.5.6, my plugins etc and I'm having this problem:

I open a new song, add a new mono track for guitar, and as soon as I plug in my guitar I can hear the "dry" direct input through my speakers/headphones when I play before even adding an amp sim or any effects/inserts (whether I'm plugged into the phones output or the main output it's the same)

My audio interface is the audiobox usb, and I've got my mixer knob set all the way to "playback"

Before this I was on a Windows PC and I recall having this problem at some point too but I managed to fix it but I can't remember what I did...

This also happens when I open up a standalone amp sim program (pod farm, Bias fx) and run it outside of Studio One. All effects are turned off and I can hear the dry guitar, I add an amp and a few effects and get my tone but when playing the dry input is still audible.
When recording in Studio One, whilst playing I hear the dry input, when I listen to the recording it's just the tone.

Hopefully this is detailed enough for you guys to understand exactly, and I hope someone has an idea for a fix!
by tomgastauer1 on Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm
Do you have the blue monitor button next to the record button pressed? That will monitor your original signal as well as your sim signal. Unpress it and see if that works, I had the same issue, as that worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Studio One 4.0, 3.5
Sonar Platinum
Faderport 8
Console One
Apollo Twin USB Duo
UAD Octo Core Satellite
Windows 7 64x
I7 Quad-core
16g ram
by joshuacollins5 on Thu May 17, 2018 5:45 pm
tomgastauer1 wroteDo you have the blue monitor button next to the record button pressed? That will monitor your original signal as well as your sim signal. Unpress it and see if that works, I had the same issue, as that worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes it is pressed, but if I click it to turn it off I can't hear what I'm playing at all..
by Tacman7 on Thu May 17, 2018 7:24 pm
Are you putting the amp sim in an insert slot. you're not setting up an fx bus or anything?

The monitor button passes the audio through the track so with no inserts it should be the dry guitar, inserts are 100% wet so no dry guitar should come through.

Unless you have a send set up on that track.

If your dry guitar stops when you unclick the monitor button then it's not your interface.

Zero latency interfaces can monitor directly which is the source for a lot of dry guitar problems.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by joshuacollins5 on Fri May 18, 2018 4:27 am
Tacman7 wroteAre you putting the amp sim in an insert slot. you're not setting up an fx bus or anything?

The monitor button passes the audio through the track so with no inserts it should be the dry guitar, inserts are 100% wet so no dry guitar should come through.

Unless you have a send set up on that track.

If your dry guitar stops when you unclick the monitor button then it's not your interface.

Zero latency interfaces can monitor directly which is the source for a lot of dry guitar problems.

Yeah I'm only putting it as an insert, no fx bus or sends.

When I unclick the monitor button I can't hear my guitar at all.

With the audiobox usb I can monitor direct input with the mixer knob when it's turned to the left to inputs, when I turn it to the right to playback, I should only hear what the daw is processing, but I can still hear the dry guitar input as well as the processed audio (with amp sim)
by Tacman7 on Fri May 18, 2018 7:47 am
So if the monitor button stops the guitar completely...

That would indicate it's not coming through your interface directly because the track monitor button doesn't have any effect on that signal pathway.

Start with a new song and new track and put an insert in that has a volume control, then turn the volume all the way down, you shouldn't hear any guitar.

Troubleshooting is a hassle but there are only 2 rules:

1 Try Everything
2 Only do one thing at a time.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by SwitchBack on Fri May 18, 2018 8:05 am
I'd say first place to look is in the S1 I/O settings, especially in the output settings. Check if your main output goes to the right Audiobox channels (as also shown over the S1 main fader) and check where you cue mix is going.
by joshuacollins5 on Fri May 18, 2018 8:51 am
Well I've come back after being out today and plugged in my audiobox, started studio one, and the problem seems to have disappeared, some weird bug going on there :roll: , but for now it seems to be okay again :thumbup:
Thanks for your help nonetheless :)
by abzic on Fri May 18, 2018 4:15 pm
Hi
I had the same issue recently. In my case it was the audio interface, an Eleven Rack. Nothing to do with Studio One. Some interfaces have what they call zero latency monitoring, basically it is a mix of the interface input signal with whatever is coming from the Daw, routed directly to interface headphones and outputs.
I hope this helps.

Windows 10, Studio One 5 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre USB.
by bryanbrown8 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:53 pm
I’m having this issue as well. Only, when I unclick the monitor button, processed signal goes away and dry remains. When it’s clicked I’m hearing both. Did anyone ever figure out what is causing this?
by Tacman7 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:05 pm
The signal is either going through your interface or you have a send setup somewhere that you forgot about.

Probably interface. You have an app to control your interface? That's a zero latency interface if it send the guitar right back to the headphones without going through the DAW. Can you hear your dry guitar when S1 is not running?

You should put your specs in your signature.

Forum Moderator.

by Neiby on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:12 pm
For the record, I just had this exact same thing happen to me. I fought with it for a while, read manuals, etc. Nothing was working. Then I restarted S1 and that fixed it. This was happening with a Studio 1810 that I got today.

Studio One 6, Presonus Studio 1810 USB, Windows 11 64 bit.
by Tacman7 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:47 am
I guess they don't call it zero latency monitoring anymore. It says" cue mix monitoring on the first of two headphone outputs"

Not sure if it can send signals right back to the headphone. I was trying to find that out so I looked at the manual and I noticed that it has loopback inputs. We were trying to find out which interfaces have that and were basically unable to do so easily.

Looks like a good interface.

Forum Moderator.

by williampaxman on Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:52 pm
Hello im having this same problem but cannot find any answers but the dry di signal only comes through when i press the button with the guitar above it on my Audiobox i2 interface im very new to recording so finding it hard to sort out could any one help please?
by bensizer on Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:59 pm
@williampaxman:
You might need to check the Audiobox i2 software to see if it has a mixer, and if it does, to make sure that the inputs are silenced or not routed to the outputs. It's common for interfaces to route the inputs to the outputs by default, so that you can hear what you're playing, but when you're using an amp sim (or any other live processing on that input) you don't want that, so it needs switching off.

[Windows 10 64bit | Studio One 6.2 | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | ESP Ltd EC 1000 | Line 6 Helix | Novation 61SL Mk III]

15 posts
Page 1 of 1