202 postsPage 5 of 11
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11
13) Smokin' dope! :)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Funkybot on Wed May 16, 2018 9:03 pm
robertgray3 wrote
dnashpherathu wrotei'll bet even money there's still no progress on the midi "omni" front. stripping channel information is still the most regressive function i've ever seen in a "pro" daw.

audio sounds great though. pity.

i really hope to be proven wrong.

Me too - I feel like the whole “MIDI without MIDI” concept could be improved upon a lot but it may take a bit of a reimagining from where it’s at now.

Direct Input for MIDI effects, polyphonic aftertouch, multiple midi channels on multi instruments etc and other types of routing options for example. DAWs that more closely mimic traditional MIDI sequencers seem to still have a leg up in these areas.

I have to think this next major update will aim to catch up some of the MIDI features (just like the last major revision brought some of the audio and editing features on board with Pro Tools). If not, I'd be incredibly disappointed.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by brettgoodkin on Wed May 16, 2018 10:40 pm
jdurham wroteWhat is up with those dark clouds though? Someone in the Presonus design or marketing department came up with that idea... I'm trying to figure out what they are implying with dark clouds swirling around like that?

1) Are they just messing with us?

2) Do the dark clouds signify a "big storm coming our way" and Studio One 4 will be all shock and awe and blow us away?

3) Is this a message to Steinberg and Avid that their clouds are about to get very dark once Studio One 4 is released?

4) Are the clouds a message suggesting that before Studio One 4, there was darkness in the world, but then when Studio One 4 is released, it will be like a ray of sunshine, bursting through dark clouds, bringing enlightenment into the world?

5) The clouds look kind of cinematic (if you play the GIF on the Facebook link) -- does that suggest they are going to dramatically release film/video-scoring oriented features?

6) Do the dark clouds signify "thunder" rolling in the background -- are we getting a whole bunch of LFO and low-frequency features like a new synth or library or plugins?

7) Do the clouds signify cloud collaboration?

8) Do the clouds surrounding us suggest they are adding surround features?

9) I noticed a painting-like texture superimposed on the clouds... kind of classical meets modern... could that imply notation features?

10) Could it signify a color palette for the interface?

11) Could it represent the mood of the marketing department with all of our speculations?

12) Could it mean NOTHING and some Presonus graphic designer just thought it was cool and is now laughing at us trying to read something into it?

From my copywriting ad production days I’d bet that the dark clouds represent where we’re at now... the clouds will part revealing s1 4... or a gentital herpes cream. But definitely one of those two two things

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by Ellinas on Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 pm
^^^^^^

Cloud seeding?
To make it rain Studio One 4 downloads.

Studio One Professional 3, Fl Studio 12, Cubase 7.5, Reaper 5, Sonar Platinum, Komplete 8, Windows 10 - 64bit, Firebox, iPad Air as Midi Controller.
by Steve Carter on Wed May 16, 2018 10:55 pm
Every cloud has a silver lining but right now I'll take the cream please....!! :lol:

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by phillipdixon on Thu May 17, 2018 1:12 am
No ones mentioned that the video lasts 4
seconds....also a rather evil pair of eyes appear
sod it ..i've got to get a day job..... :lol:
Last edited by phillipdixon on Thu May 17, 2018 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1 4 pro SCAN Pro Audio 3XSystem PC (dont know the details but high end build ,64g ram 9 ssd's
To many Spitfire.VSL. (amongst others) libraries
studio logic sl 88 and korg pianos and a ton of other
stuff that i just had to have
by Lokeyfly on Thu May 17, 2018 2:55 am
I never looked at any promo links until now. I suspect it's some other new Live mixer unveiling, showcasing the new Fat Channel goodies, and perhaps some added S1 control that way. Who knows.

"Surely, you can't be serious"

"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley".

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Morticia on Thu May 17, 2018 4:38 am
Lokeyfly wrote"Surely, you can't be serious"

"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley".

phpBB [video]

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

"The queen of spades is a friend of mine, the queen of hearts is a bitch
someday when I clean up my mind, I'll find out which is which"
Gram Parsons
by Lokeyfly on Thu May 17, 2018 5:18 am
Hah!

As long as weve sunk to this level......

"We have clearance, Clarence."

"Roger, Roger, what's our vector, Victor?"

Doctor: We have to get this woman to a hospital.
Stewardess: A hospital, what is it?
Doctor: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

A little levity to break the waiting game.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by bassfx on Thu May 17, 2018 7:01 am
brettgoodkin wrote
From my copywriting ad production days I’d bet that the dark clouds represent where we’re at now... the clouds will part revealing s1 4... or a gentital herpes cream. But definitely one of those two two things

Makes sense! Presonus has been expanding their product line...
by bassfx on Thu May 17, 2018 7:45 am
Lokeyfly wroteI never looked at any promo links until now. I suspect it's some other new Live mixer unveiling, showcasing the new Fat Channel goodies, and perhaps some added S1 control that way. Who knows.

Who knows, but the speculation is fun! I'm so over Cubase recently and I've become oddly excited about this new Studio One release. But you're totally right that we may be surprised at what is revealed on May 22. Although I suspect it's not another mixer since they just announced the series 3 about 1 1/2 years ago. That would be a crazy fast product life cycle for a mixer! And they already launched the Fat Channel goodies so it would be a huge let down on May 22 if that's what all the mystery is about. My money is still on Studio One v4. But you're right, who knows?

Another possible tiny clue (among many!) -- have you noticed that the updates over at the Studio One Expert site have really thinned out and/or have become just newsy, or sponsored, or polls, or rehashing things, or shorter segments, or fluff posts recently? That suggests to me that Russ, Marcus, etc., are possibly in DAW purgatory right now, just posting simplistic stuff to burn time on the S1 side. And some of the recent posts under Studio One Expert (not talking about Production Expoert) are very DAW agnostic, focusing on plugins or generic techniques so it would apply to both S1 v3 AND S1 v4. Contrast that to the relatively more detailed stuff they posted months ago. I'd bet that Russ is a beta tester, and he's currently cooking up a new series of Studio One 4 videos to post right after it launches.

Either that, or Russ is leaving Studio One Expert and is going to start a new site, or perhaps going back full time to Pro Tools. Unlikely, but who knows?
by Lokeyfly on Thu May 17, 2018 10:52 am
Hi J,

Yeah, about that, I admittedly never looked for any signs after reading some of the buzz here. I don't visit any self proclaimed expert sites, though I do enjoy a few of Russ, and Marcos' videos. To their credit, they provide some good info, and I knew about Russ from his PT Expert, years ago. Very nice chap.

I'm pretty committed to getting work done, and S1 happens to fit that bill, pretty nicely in its present form. That may not be the case for other users, so I understand the feedback, so keep it coming, I hope it works out for ya's.

For me, the next few weeks, I'm locked into not updating anything, as I'm at the end of a project. Just thought I'd shake the tree a little on those few (five wishes) I'd like to see happen for a version 4 release.

If it's a genital herpes cream released, by Presonus this May, I'm pretty OK with that. As long as it doesn't slow the current processor speed, and robust performance many of us are enjoying from Studio One, right now. Herpes users need love too (thankfully I'm not one of them). After all, Presonus did say they were going to concentrate on external hardware integration.

P.s. I suspect the ARA2 Melodyne buzz has put some release stakes in the ground. Development packages are probably out, and licensing so that's no doubt going to accelerate release dates. The term "Live" was out there, so that tends to send a message, by Presonus' marketing team. I could definitely be wrong, but if it were a full fledged Studio One v4 release, the marketing group could do a whole lot better than blowing some smoke up our (let's just say,) loins. ;)

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by bassfx on Thu May 17, 2018 11:36 am
With you 100% about not upgrading anything if you're in the middle of a project. I'm at the end of one and beginning of another. Just the right time, and I'm willing to take a little risk with a "dot zero" release since I'm betting/hoping/predicting they gave us some composing/MIDI love this time. As long as what they release is not a genital cream, I'm good though. I just want to get rid of Steinberg once and for all. Sick and tired of them, eager to retire Cubase for good.

As for marketing chops, I never thought Presonus was great at it. I don't mind. I'd rather they focus on development! The dark cloud thing is likely what you suggest... dark clouds are where we are now, and S1 v4 will clear the clouds with a burst of light. A bit trite for a marketing approach if that's what it is, but I'll take it!
by pawelhebda on Thu May 17, 2018 12:29 pm
For me one of the most important think is what the system requirements will be? Most companies tend to raise system version but most of music creators works on their trusty machines, with all great 32 bits plugs and VI.

Cubase is now 64bits only :( and MAC 10.11 up but Toontrack supports 10.6!!! which is great for all guys with powerful MAC pros.

So leaving 32bit architecture will be most sad thing for me.
by bassfx on Thu May 17, 2018 1:04 pm
I didn't realize that Studio One 3 has a 32-bit installer! I guess I would have seen it on the download screen, but I missed it.

As for maintaining a 32-bit app, my guess is that chances are low for v4. Cubase, Bitwig, Logic, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Pro Tools, etc.... are now 64-bit only as far as I recall. So I'm guessing that Presonus is going to move to 64-bit only with v4... wild guess though. Who knows? But it makes sense.

Also keep in mind that a lot of older technologies are starting to be phased out... for example, Steinberg just announced a day or two ago that VST2 is no longer going to be maintained... they're trying to push *everyone* to VST3. So if you rely on some of those older tech (and there's nothing wrong with that), it might be a good idea to start planning to either migrate OR freeze your studio where it is, and plan to maintain it for a while. I've got a good friend who still runs his recording studio on Cubase 5.5 of all things, and he and his clients are happy with it. He hasn't changed his system for YEARS and he takes good care of it, and it keeps on ticking.
by phillipdixon on Thu May 17, 2018 1:19 pm
Presonus just realeased 6.4 update for notion
This statement is intresting

The 6.4 blog post, which will have more details about enhancements to the Studio One interop, will be available in a few days time....

S1 4 pro SCAN Pro Audio 3XSystem PC (dont know the details but high end build ,64g ram 9 ssd's
To many Spitfire.VSL. (amongst others) libraries
studio logic sl 88 and korg pianos and a ton of other
stuff that i just had to have
by bassfx on Thu May 17, 2018 1:25 pm
phillipdixon wrotePresonus just realeased 6.4 update for notion
This statement is intresting

The 6.4 blog post, which will have more details about enhancements to the Studio One interop, will be available in a few days time....

Cool! The release notes say this:

Studio One interop
Further integration with PreSonus Studio One: for more details, check our Notion 6.4 blog post at presonus.com

Throwing a little lighter fluid on the fire... things are heating up, baby!
by bassfx on Thu May 17, 2018 4:33 pm
Things are heating up even more guys! Someone over in the German forum posted this:

https://www.facebook.com/PreSonus/photo ... 34/?type=3

Note that the four dots are now colored! The mystery! The suspense!

AND NOTE THAT THE STUDIO ONE LOGO IS NOW IN THE BACKGROUND! Wooooooooot!!!!

Set yer calendars, folks! MAY 22 @ 10AM CST!!!

by chrisprovine on Thu May 17, 2018 5:43 pm
Looks like the clouds are parting; the sun will soon be shinning, and Studio One 4 will see the light of day.

Win 10 Home
Studio One 4.5.1
Komplete Kontrol S49
UR 22 mkII
by Blades on Thu May 17, 2018 6:18 pm
Looking very forward to Studio One 4 being the "News of The World" on May 22. As someone who is pretty new to the Studio One "franchise", I am definitely interested in new releases. I just moved over here in December from Cakewalk-land as a non-believer in the resurrection of Cakewalk/Sonar. And even though it has happened in the form of "BandLab", I'm not sold on it, and I have been quite impressed with what I've found in Studio One thus far, so much so that I've committed to the new Studio 1824 interface as well as the Faderport 8 so that I can have the "full experience" in a single vendor without all the weird "workarounds" that come from mixing multiple vendors' products.

I'm am selfishly hoping for more love on the Drum mapping features for midi, especially considering the popularity of the Feature Requests around that.

5 days...

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..

202 postsPage 5 of 11
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11