Nudge track
Better preset organizer
Chorus plugins
Better reverb plugins
Phraser plugins
Auto-tune fx
upload wave files into a channel
by chuckgollnick on Sun May 13, 2018 6:06 pm
A chorus effect plugin would be very welcome. We have a tiny acoustic piano which our pianist loves. It would be great in a home living room or student rehearsal room. But in a 250-seat sanctuary, it falls a bit short. I've miced it with Countryman B6 mics inside, but it's hard to make bricks with no straw*. The thing just has a small sound. Our old mixer had a chorus effect which I used to great benefit to "beef up" that thin piano. StudioLive III lacks it. I've got a plate reverb on it and that helps. But a choruser would be great.

* True miracles are rare these days. But if you want to witness one, go to any small church with a contemporary-style service on most any Sunday and watch the sound tech do what the Egyptians were unable to: make bricks without straw.
by golishevsky on Tue May 15, 2018 2:52 am
Is the problem of digital patching fixed? I described the maintenance of the problem of incorrect sending to AVB channels when reassigning inputs to channels when switching the channel input mode from analog to digital.

Studiolive 24R / Mac Book Pro 15 2014 / Mac Book Pro 16 2021 M1pro / PC 2X XEON2680V3 X99-F8D 128gb DDR4 ECC REG
by PAE Seth on Tue May 15, 2018 8:33 am
zeekdaville wroteUndo recording for sd recorder
Delete recording for sd recorder
Copy and past for sd recorder
Punch in and out for sd recorder
Replace recording for sd recorder
Level recording
Nudge track
Better preset organizer
Chorus plugins
Better reverb plugins
Phraser plugins
Auto-tune fx

1. SD Card System is NOT an editor. We have no plans on expanding its current use case. There are performance limitations. There are other SD Recording mixers that are exactly what you are asking for.
2. Preset workflow will get an update in the future.
3.The Reverb FX are fantastic. I see no issues.
4. You mean time based FX, Phaser, Chorus, Flangers, etc. They will come.
5. Auto Tune WILL NEVER BE PART OF OUR MIXERS. I'll make sure that. :thumbdown:
6. Upload wav files? What do you think this mixer is, a computer running Windows? Not possible. Go buy a Sample player.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by PAE Seth on Tue May 15, 2018 8:33 am
golishevsky wroteIs the problem of digital patching fixed? I described the maintenance of the problem of incorrect sending to AVB channels when reassigning inputs to channels when switching the channel input mode from analog to digital.

There are release notes for every UC / Firmware release. Read them and you will know what is and isn't fixed.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by roblof on Tue May 15, 2018 10:03 am
Well, it is a computer running linux - Same, same but different ;) 8-)

PreSonus Seth wrote6. Upload wav files? What do you think this mixer is, a computer running Windows? Not possible. Go buy a Sample player.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by wahlerstudios on Wed May 16, 2018 6:51 am
"upload wave files into a channel"

This was probably not about loading wav-files to the mixer (which is certainly impossible), but about being able to insert/use WAVES plug-ins. But also here the question is No, because WAVES is not part of the AVB community any longer and therefore the plans of releasing a WAVES AVB grid (prototype shown by Ray Tantzen on a NAMM show) obvioulsy will never come true.

But what has come true is plug-ins, made by PreSonus for PreSonus hardware (Series III) and software (Studio One). The " Fat Channel Collection, Volume 1" has just been released and the figure 1 indicates that there will be more coming. You can still use any (!) plug-in in Studio One and also create buses for adding stereo effects. Last, but not least, there is a nice bundle of plug-ins available for users of PreSonus hardware, the "Studio Magic Plug-in Suite":

http://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-Magic
by zeekdaville on Fri May 18, 2018 9:37 am
PreSonus Seth wrote
zeekdaville wroteUndo recording for sd recorder
Delete recording for sd recorder
Copy and past for sd recorder
Punch in and out for sd recorder
Replace recording for sd recorder
Level recording
Nudge track
Better preset organizer
Chorus plugins
Better reverb plugins
Phraser plugins
Auto-tune fx

1. SD Card System is NOT an editor. We have no plans on expanding its current use case. There are performance limitations. There are other SD Recording mixers that are exactly what you are asking for.
2. Preset workflow will get an update in the future.
3.The Reverb FX are fantastic. I see no issues.
4. You mean time based FX, Phaser, Chorus, Flangers, etc. They will come.
5. Auto Tune WILL NEVER BE PART OF OUR MIXERS. I'll make sure that. :thumbdown:
6. Upload wav files? What do you think this mixer is, a computer running Windows? Not possible. Go buy a Sample player.

To tell you the truth from a consumer perspective I shelled over 2500 just like everybody else who owns this.Total spent with all the studio lives i bought is over 5000 dollars in 5yrs so shut up and get the job done. Also If you saying that ideas or bad then you need to get fired and give that position to me I'm right around the Lafayette area. i'll show you how to make Studiolive a livestock and not a laughing stock.

Yet i hate the idea that i got to keep recording tracks and having to go to my computer to delete the recorded files off the sd card. Or not having a rewind or a undo button. Having funky reverbs and delays that aint worth the time, space and money. So to speak before i seen your comment i was think about buying hardware fx processor because those on board effects that doesn't have a master reverb or the right reverbs.. So yes if you guys are Studio and Live then it should be like a Roland vs2480, Akai dps24, Yamaha 4416 or yes indeed a standalone. Also Sampler all those i bought owned before and sold the Akai Dps24 just to get the studio live series 3 32 track which i thought was a real on board recorder.

Not to mention that 1.7 update had my mixer frozen and the presets they can't integrate right, so i went back to 1.6 for stability. Overall a nice mixer but do the tedious tasks to make this mixer a all in one. With higher review than ever.
Last edited by zeekdaville on Fri May 18, 2018 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
by zeekdaville on Fri May 18, 2018 9:48 am
wahlerstudios wrote"upload wave files into a channel"

This was probably not about loading wav-files to the mixer (which is certainly impossible), but about being able to insert/use WAVES plug-ins. But also here the question is No, because WAVES is not part of the AVB community any longer and therefore the plans of releasing a WAVES AVB grid (prototype shown by Ray Tantzen on a NAMM show) obvioulsy will never come true.

But what has come true is plug-ins, made by PreSonus for PreSonus hardware (Series III) and software (Studio One). The " Fat Channel Collection, Volume 1" has just been released and the figure 1 indicates that there will be more coming. You can still use any (!) plug-in in Studio One and also create buses for adding stereo effects. Last, but not least, there is a nice bundle of plug-ins available for users of PreSonus hardware, the "Studio Magic Plug-in Suite":

http://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-Magic

No i'm talking about actual wav files that the sd recorder reads and writes. They give us a sd card capture yet when it's time to import and export the files from the software capture or studio one, back to the hardware it doesn't work. If you going be a multitrack recorder sd, tape, cd, hdd then be it as well with all the import and edit functions of typical old and new multitrack recorder. Don't half bleep like the workers who put mardi gras and a waste of time on the presonus studio live mixers. Classic reverbs, delays, multifx, mastering plugins , automation and edit functions is what this device need.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1