7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just got a GP-10 guitar processor. It's only digital port is USB. So I have to use it as my interface to track guitar parts. I get the error message my sample rate is wrong when I switch to the GP driver.
Might have something to do with I work in 48k and the GP is 44.1k only.
In the past this would require me to make a new song and convert the existing files to the other format etc.
In S1 I click ok.
So it's still working and I can hear everything I recorded and also track the guitar It's just running at 44.1k.
I was wondering how it was doing that Mr. Wizard?

Interesting routing
GP-10 USB Routing formatted.jpg

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lawrence on Sat May 12, 2018 10:24 am
Studio One performs sample rate conversion automatically for audio clips on the timeline. I'm not quite sure, don't remember tbh (you can probably just look at the hard disc meter to see when you switch) if those get cached or not if the cache option is on, or if it always just uses CPU.

In other words, if your existing tracks are 48k and you switch the song to 44.1 to record with that device at 44.1, all of the existing 48k audio tracks will be sample rate converted to 44.1. You'll see the little gear (processing) icon on the lower left corner of all of those clips, letting you know something is happening to them, in that case SRC.

After doing that, if you switch the song back to 48k so that your previous tracks aren't being sample rate converted anymore, the 44.1 track you just recorded will be similarly sample rate converted to 48k.
by Jemusic on Sat May 12, 2018 2:35 pm
Can you work at 44.1K. There is not a lot to be gained working at 48K. I am at a loss to see the attraction at working at 48K. There is certainly no big quality jump working at 48K. (A blind test would soon end that myth)

Unless you are writing for picture of course and they like their soundtracks at 48K. But you can work doing everything at 44.1K and then upsample at the last minute.

I can understand it though if you have transferred an ADAT session digitally, and you want to remix in Studio one. That is a good reason to leave the whole session at 48K as well. But even so, even those files will get downsampled to 44.1K if you drag them into a 44.1K session.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Tacman7 on Sat May 12, 2018 8:27 pm
Been a long time but at one time I thought I could hear a difference between the two. It was not a big difference.

But my interface runs internally at 48k, been a long time since I tried using 44.1k but I was getting better performance with 48k the last time I tried it. Also have UAD card in the mix, I might try a song in 44.1k and see how it runs now with current hardware.

I have a lot of songs in 48k to go back and try some guitar things with so I'm glad that S1 lets me do what I want to do.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by bstin on Sun May 13, 2018 11:22 am
Jemusic wroteCan you work at 44.1K. There is not a lot to be gained working at 48K. I am at a loss to see the attraction at working at 48K. There is certainly no big quality jump working at 48K. (A blind test would soon end that myth)

Although I can never really hear a difference, the film world has standardized on 48k/24bit....so if you are doing post-production / film work you are expected to deliver in that format.
by Jemusic on Sun May 13, 2018 1:20 pm
Jemusic wroteUnless you are writing for picture of course and they like their soundtracks at 48K. But you can work doing everything at 44.1K and then upsample at the last minute.

Already mentioned in my post. The OP was having an issue working at 44.1K with his guitar processor, so a good option for him writing for picture would be to work at 44.1K and upsample at the very end.

For picture work, because I don't have any issues at 48K, I tend to start and end sessions at that sampling rate.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Tacman7 on Sun May 13, 2018 7:08 pm
Pool 48k.jpg

I take a 48k song with 48k wav files and switch to 44.1k and get the error.
41k Error.jpg

Then record guitar which is 44.1k which has an R on it.
Pool41k.jpg
Pool41k.jpg (6.5 KiB) Viewed 3851 times

All the time it plays and records fine, both sample rates at the same time.

So it stays 48k song and when I go back to my interface @ 48k the pool looks the same.

That's pretty cool.

The purpose of this exercise is to use reamping (6 strings/6 tracks) using the digital connections.

I'm finding though the the sound quality is better from the audio outputs into my interface.
Even hearing pitch artifacts that are not there in the analog version.

I exported a 44.1k mixdown of my song and will try working a 44.1 version with reamping and see how that works.

But I'll probably just go to recording the output and use what I recorded. If I don't like the sound I can re-track it later.

Forum Moderator.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1