9 posts
Page 1 of 1
The intent of this sticky is to add things that you know how they work but cannot find any description of it in the operation manual. The thread is mostly for the benefit of newer users. The assumption of every post item is ...

"Here's something I currently do or know how to do that I can't personally find described anywhere in the operation manual or addendums. If someone else can find it please advise or point to the relevant section so it can be removed from this listing."

... so there's no need to say that in the post because the assumption here is you've already searched for it in the manual(s). If a thing that I or anyone else puts here turns out to be in the manual pdf's somewhere, it will be removed from the thread.

Note: Any off-topic discussions about how much the manual sucks, etc, etc, will also be removed. Just post the thing you think is missing from the manual and how to do it in one or two short sentences. Long posts will be edited down to keep the thread listings short and concise for new users to look over multiples of those things easily in the thread listing.

Please contribute when or if you come across something. Thanks.
by Lawrence on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:25 am
DRAG DUPLICATE TO CREATE SHARED COPIES

While holding ALT (Windows) OPT (Mac) and dragging a clip to duplicate it, changing the ALT (OPT) modifier to CTRL (Windows) Command (Mac) before releasing the mouse button makes it a shared (ghost) copy.

[For midi clips & audio parts, raw audio clips can't have shared copies]
by -Luis- on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:48 am
INSERT MULTIPLE PLUGINS.

In the Effects tab, Ctrl/[Command] click on the plugins you wish to add and drag them into an existing Track or Track Lane in the Arrange view.
by -Luis- on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:15 pm
RENAME CLIPS

Let's say that you have many clips in one track and want to rename all of them, select that track and double click to rename it, then hold Shift while pressing Enter /[Return].
by Lawrence on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:31 pm
RIGHT CLICK TO EXPOSE OR REMOVE AUTOMATION ENVELOPES

Right click any control anywhere in the S1 UI, on any stock S1 plugin or any VST 3 plugin and click - Edit [control name] - to create it's automation envelope, or to just make it visible it if it already exists. Do the same to remove {destroy} any envelope with - Remove [control name].

Note: According to Luis this only works with S1 stock plugins on OSX... I would suppose not even with VST 3 plugins.
by Lawrence on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:55 am
AUTOMATION EDITING

Use ALT+ the mouse wheel over selected automation nodes to nudge the values up/down in small increments.
by Lawrence on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:14 pm
WHY SOME MIDI FILES ONLY OPEN AS NEW SONGS

There is a threshold of some sort for midi files where if that threshold is exceeded {maybe file size or maybe song length, we users aren't really sure where that dividing line is tbh}, dragging in midi files from the browser always opens as a new song instead of allowing the tracks to be dragged directly into the current song.

This was apparently done to help speed up the browser listings, we believe that was the reason anyway.

One way to know before you drag a midi file in from the browser is to look at the bottom of the browser. If you see preview controls there (play, stop, etc), the file will drag directly into the current song. If not, if it can't be prviewed, it will always open as a new song.

In addition, you can always force any midi file dragged from the browser to open as a new song by dropping it anywhere else but on the arrange space, like on the main toolbar.
by sirmonkey on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:50 am
Is there a way to prevent S1 from automatically creating a new song when bringing in a MIDI clip?
(Maybe the could be asked in the Support forum, but hey, it seems reasonable to ask right here, too.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by Lawrence on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:11 pm
Not that I'm aware of. See the previous comment...

... if that threshold is exceeded dragging in midi files from the browser always opens as a new song.

I'll leave the brief Q & A for a short time and then remove it all to keep the thread on point and not have it turn into a Q & A.

Like before, if anything listed here is in error (actually is in the manual) please advise so someone can remove it, and please feel free to add anything new you come across.

Thanks.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1