StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
52 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
It's getting to be about time to start wondering when this update is going to come. Ray started this thread in September, and no update has come yet.

It would be nice if someone would at least come back and say: Yes we got behind but the update is still going to come, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but we will not leave you behind!

The FireWire Lag is the only thing I'm really bummed about at this point, but I know there are other things they were going to do to make it even better too.

Almost a year since the last update. . . I hope we get one more good one before it's all over. . .

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by ronron3 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:36 pm

​Quote from Universal Control 2.0 Release Notes ( feb 21 2017 ) : Control and metering for mixers connected over firewire is too slow ..........

Quote from Universal Control 2.5.2 Milestone Release Notes ( jan 30 2018 ) : Control and metering on UC Surface instance connected via Firewire may exhibit lag on some systems ..........

Obviously nothing has been done to solve the problem

Come on you guys and girls at presonus , this is going on for almost a year now ... I'm starting to loose confidence !
by Spirit on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:00 am
I allready lost confidence. I think nobody is really working on this issue. And I'm pretty sure it will be resolved by changung this RM generation to a legacy product. :thumbdown:

MacBookPro iOS 10.10, Capture, iPad
2 x RM32AI, HP Envy Recline (i7, 23", Multitouch),
PA. KS-Audio CPD12, CPD1, CPD208, CL208 with CA4-D Amps
by [email protected] on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 am
What i don't understand is, why no one from the US sue's them. They advertised a product with features which they never integrated. Should be easy for US Citizens...
If they would at least offer a new interface card for the RM32 to enable AVB... but no they simply don't want to. I personally will not buy any Presonus equipment any longer.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:50 pm
Instead of trying to figure out what we will not get, we should concentrate on features, bug fixes and improvements, that are realistic to expect in a reasonable time ("soon"...). In this thread I try to get a list of all that together. Please check and add to it, what you feel is missing.

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=233&t=27488

If it comes to the legendary not kept promises, this usually and first of all means "recording over AVB". As you know this feature is now available with AVB II, but with a very unpleasant restriction: It does not work in any of the network modes and only Apple is offering AVB functionality for their computers. The way that Apple has implemented AVB in their computers, has made it impossible to use AVB in a network surrounding. If you have a Series III FOH mixer and a digital stagebox/monitor mixer and want to "record over AVB", it's simply not possible!

So, to me this whole AVB recording thing does not make sense at all - for any of the AVB versions and mixer families. For AI mixers recording over network is possible with Dante or with a second (cascaded) RM mixer placed at FOH. Or you use the remote features and leave the computer on stage, which is not a perfect solution, but it does work. It depends so much on what you want to do.

We will need to accept that AVB I and AVB II can not talk to each other, so ideas like replacing the option card and "upgrade" the "old" stuff simply will not come true. You have to decide if the AI family can still cope your needs or if you really NEED the new (or other) stuff. It is never "nice" to use equipment, that soon will be called "legacy", but if it still makes a good job, why change and waste money...?

There are alternatives and it's always worth to compare products of different brands. There are new products coming to the market - and there is a need for new ideas. Nobody is "married" to a specific brand. Do, what is best for you and what keeps the value of your investment.
by lancelyons on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:20 pm
Ray,

I was wondering about the Dante option

‘We're also planning to offer some promotions on Dante option cards for those who can address their needs by going that route. I'm trying to finalize those deals now so we can roll them out ASAP. Once they are rolled out, registered users will get an email about it and I'll also post it here.’

Take care,

LL

CS18ai, RM32ai+ MOTU AVB switch, MOTU 1248 AVB
DAWs - Sonar Platinum, Studio One
PC - home built
WIN 10
Intel i7- 6700K
Gigabyte Z170 UD5
Thunderbolt, USB C, Ethernet AVB ready, Firewire 400 and 800
32 gig Corsair DDR4
2 HD, 1 TB each
27" PLANAR touch screen
Buncha WAVES V9.2 64bit
by matthewseymour on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:25 am
Just because I really hate people lying to me and selling something with features that don't exist.... bumping this up again.
by lancelyons on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:28 am
lancelyons wroteRay,

I was wondering about the Dante option

‘We're also planning to offer some promotions on Dante option cards for those who can address their needs by going that route. I'm trying to finalize those deals now so we can roll them out ASAP. Once they are rolled out, registered users will get an email about it and I'll also post it here.’

Take care,

LL

Ray,.

Any word yet?

Take care,

LL

CS18ai, RM32ai+ MOTU AVB switch, MOTU 1248 AVB
DAWs - Sonar Platinum, Studio One
PC - home built
WIN 10
Intel i7- 6700K
Gigabyte Z170 UD5
Thunderbolt, USB C, Ethernet AVB ready, Firewire 400 and 800
32 gig Corsair DDR4
2 HD, 1 TB each
27" PLANAR touch screen
Buncha WAVES V9.2 64bit
by SwitchBack on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:19 am
matthewseymour wroteJust because I really hate people lying to me and selling something with features that don't exist.... bumping this up again.
If you bought something without the features important to you then that's on you. If you bought something based on promised future updates then that may be on the manufacturer. But there may be outside reasons to blame too. By accusing PreSonus of lying you suggest that they already knew it wouldn't happen when they revealed the upgrade roadmap. I don't think that's true.

How I understand the situation with the RMs it compares to buying a car based on the promise that an upgrade will allow you to drive to work in under an hour. But come service time government decommissioned the one bridge across the bay, making the hour unachievable no matter how extensive the upgrade. If the hour is still a must then sell the car and buy a chopper... :|
by Karyn on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:08 pm
If you want a car analogy, its more a case of...

It came with a turbo, with the promise that when it was enabled you'd get to work in under an hour. So the turbo is now enabled, but the turbo doesn't add enough power to get to work in under an hour (even when the bridge is open). The turbo could be replaced with a more powerful one, except that the fitting to the engine doesn't match any other turbo... so stuck with it.

oh yeah... the CB radio that's been fitted since new still won't even turn on. Everything's connected, it just doesn't work at all. I'm starting to think its just an empty box with a couple of knobs and buttons glued onto it..

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by gbam55 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:14 am
Everyone’s right in their sort of way but to be right ain’t going to fix the situation.

I’m hopeful that the initiative with Presonus spearheaded by many, a recent thread on FB by Peter Scott & the new beta release testing of Rm firmware will move us successfully forward.

Cheers

Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2, 16.0.2 (x2), Studiolive mobile, Mac mini i7 Quad core, 16GB, MacBook Pro 2012 (1T Ssd & with all the Ports you need) Studio One Professionnal. Mélodine editor, Fader Port, StudioLive RM32-AI, CS18-ai, KRK VTX4 monitors and KRK 10s.
KRK 10 3 monitors. Yamaha O1v, KRK rokit 10 3 monitors. RCF 725-II PA and RCF 325 stage monitors. Turbosound TQ425/455 DP PA.
by matthewseymour on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:36 am
It's fair to say that using the word "lying" is emotive and bad form on my part. I completely agree with the principle that one should purchase a product that does what you need. Buying based on promises made of future firmware isn't wise.

However... there's a problem when marketing runs ahead of engineering. It's a common problem. I've been around long enough to know this happens. Some manufacturers are worse than others at promising a feature and then either not delivering or taking so long that you've long moved on to something else that actually works.

I suspect the engineers at Presonus want to fix this but there's ultimately a resource issue; only so many people to work on the code and new products need to be made to keep the whole thing rolling forward.

I don't have access to internal time lines but I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn Presonus engineers knew they couldn't deliver some of the promised features, with those features still listed on the website as part of the product. It's a juggling act and Presonus have fallen foul here. Again emotive language doesn't help, but it can get attention.

The RM mixers I have do what I want. I bought them to do a particular job and they do that job. For me personally there's a principle at play about selling your customers short, dumping the product as legacy and moving on. Many years ago I abandoned any foolish ideas of brand loyalty and this behaviour is exactly why. I'm not going to throw my toys down and say I'll never buy another Presonus product again but I'd certainly have to think very hard before giving them any more of my money as they've proved that either their marketing of product capabilities can't be trusted, their engineers can't deliver or they make poor design decisions.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong by some of the new firmware work that's being done. We shall see.

52 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3