7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm training some of my AV team this weekend on our new church Studiolive Series III 32.
In preparation, I recoded the multitracks of last Sundays services to SD card, so I have some material to play back with and let them adjust controls.

However - in the Virtual soundcheck - the Jog and scroll knob to fast forward to sections of the service where the praise band are playing is slow and tedious.

Is there any way to make this faster/jump forward to specific times in our 90 min recording?

Just so I can jump to a variety of song types during training.

Ta
by Bbd on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:27 am
You can use the SD page in your UC software and use the mouse to quickly navigate thru your recordings.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by wahlerstudios on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:36 am
Usually markers are used for this task. Setting a marker at the beginning of each song allows you to toggle between the songs in any order. As far as I understand the manual, Capture for SD recorder does not have the marker feature. Capture on a computer allows you to set markers.
by alaistairdeacon on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:21 pm
Cheers - some good ideas there, will try them out.

In the end, I copied the SD card contents to my laptop and loaded into captur. Then played back and selected USB inputs rather than use the on-board soundcheck feature.

Will try controlling the position of SD playback with the UC software next time as well.
by PAE Seth on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:12 am
Guys,

Press the Shift button, SD Transport will Fast Forward / Backward.

Markers is a good idea, but the SD System was never designed to be a full fledged 'Tape Machine'. Could be some limitations to the system, but that's for Development to figure out.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by alaistairdeacon on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:44 am
Stitched to using Capture on my laptop for "virtual soundchecking" and reviewing performances with the praise bands. Works great now we have USB (I have an older R32AI with firewire - but no firewire on my laptops any more - so having USB now is great)
by bogarguzman on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:29 am
Thank you Seth for the great tip. It just took me some minutes to figure it out.
We don not need to turn on Jog, just this;
1. All Digital Source On
2. Play your track, then Stop.
3. Press Shift (living it On), press Play, it will fast forward, pressing Back button, will fast reverse.
You do not need to hold pressing any button, they will light up and you just wait until it reach the point you want.
4. It is important to press Stop, then Turn OFF the Shift button, so you can press Play to listen to your tracks.
5. Use the Jog button and the Wheel, for fine tuning where you want to begin playing.
This Jog button and the wheel is not for Forward/Reverse as many of us thought, it is just for fine tuning. Shift and Control Button are for fast Forward/Reverse.

Thanks again Seth.

Bogar

Bogar

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4
32 GB RAM
Studiolive 32 series III firmware 2.01.16038
Studio One Pro

7 posts
Page 1 of 1