648 postsPage 32 of 33
1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
The same approach to finding out why.

Actually, use Disable plugins which make the process even easier.

Disable them all.
Then turn them on one at a time in the Performance window

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by phildarg on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:59 pm
This is good advice - and I have tried turning off all plug-in and VST synths - still the CPU keeps spiking to 30% even when there is no playback.

Any other thoughts?
by phildarg on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:55 pm
I should also mention that it is doing this on the Startup screen.

Is there a way to view error messages from the start?
by phildarg on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:59 pm
Problem Solved:
Studio One had shifted to Windows audio by default; not sure how this happened, but now I am back on my good audio interface.
by rodshort on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:23 am
Another question.... I use a Tascam US2400 control surface using the Mackie MCU mode. In Sonar when I touched a fader it "selected" the track. In S1, it does not "select: the track. (Most everything else works as expected) Why would MCU mode be implemented differently between the two DAWs? I assumed Mackie Control Universal would pretty much be.... universal? Is there any way to edit the MCU mode driver to make this work in S1?

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by phildarg on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:32 pm
Another question:
On mixdown/export, I would like to specify a default folder location for the audio file to be saved to.
Is there a way to do this?
by jeromem on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:43 pm
Damned,

believe me or not. I have discovered this thread yesterday... I totally miss this news...

I have bought Sonar via Steam ( after using it for a while at work...) maybe a month before the announcement....... I am sickened :evil:

I love Sonar, I love the very neat interface.

I hope, some imrpovement could be done in the Studio One UI....

Thanks a lot every one for your help, great work, support,

Love

Studio One 5 Pro
Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X (4.5 GHz Max.)
ASUS PRIME TRX40-PRO (motherboard)
96GB RAM
multiple SSD drives
Presonus Studio 26c (soundcard)
by cpowell on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 am
Yesterday I was getting close to finishing a new mix in Studio One. I had need to copy automation. No matter what I did, I could not accomplish this.

I just wanted to copy a section of volume automation from my OverHead Buss to a later section on the same Buss. I was able to select the nodes so that they all turned white, I pressed Ctrl+C (I right-clicked as well and selected COPY) and placed my Now Time (SONAR term for where the play head is located, I don't know what to call it for Studio One,) and pressed Ctrl+V (also right-clicked and selected Paste.) Nothing happens.

I tried everything. Nothing worked. I could not copy and paste automation.

My workaround was to select the section and press "D" to duplicate, then while holding Ctrl to lock values in place, I dragged the automation to where I wanted it to go.

So what is going on here? Is this a bug or my own ignorance? I did internet searches and read that others had the same problem, but I found no other solution. Has there been a solution that I just did not discover? Or is my workaround the only way until this gets fixed?

Thank you in advance,
-Charles

Studio One 5 Professional
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by cpowell on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:42 am
I found out the problem, or at least how to reproduce it. The problem above does indeed happen, but it happens only when I am trying to copy/paste automation on a Buss that is also in a "Folder" in the "MIXER/CONSOLE VIEW." If I do NOT have that Buss in a "FOLDER" in the Console View, the copy/paste function works. If the Buss is IN a "FOLDER" in the Console View, the Copy/Paste function do NOT work.

Hey, I must be getting very familiar with Studio One. I figured out my own problem and how to reproduce it...ha ha.

In a future update, it would be cool if this was fixed, but for now I will stop using Folders inside the Console.

Studio One 5 Professional
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by phildarg on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:46 pm
Another quick question:
Is there a "slide" feature within Studio One? This mean that you can select a clip - MIDI or audio - and "slide" it a designated number of "ticks" etc.
by Jemusic on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:46 pm
If you are meaning can you locate the start of any event to a precise location the answer is yes.

You can do it from the inspector. When you click on an event its information appears in the lower area of the inspector. The start and end times are there. The time ruler format there will match what it is on the main arrange page at the very top under Timebase. What ever you select there for the main time ruler format will be translated to the event start and end times in the inspector.

You can enter values in there directly yourself. Only in the start time at first as the end time will be adjusted automatically according to the length of the event itself.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by phildarg on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:01 am
Perfect - thanks!
by daniellesaux on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Wow! Cakewalk / Sonar or whatever they are calling it now is now free! What a strange turn of events. The only thing is that it's tied to BandCamp and I'm still not sure what that whole website is? In any case, I'm glad I switched to Studio One. I'm not turning back no matter how free it is! I cant wait to see what Studio One 4 is going to be!

Best to everyone!
Last edited by daniellesaux on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net
by Steve Carter on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 pm
A strange yet perhaps fortuitous turn of events for me...

I had been a long time Cakewalk then Sonar user but migrated to S1 because Sonar was Windows only and I had also migrated to OSX. Anyway, I have since, some years down the line, recently invested in a new more powerful PC, so once again, for DAW purposes, I'm on Windows.

I'm happy to stay with S1, however one major frustration that I faced (and still face due to the ongoing long-term project that I'm working on) was that I have a lot of midi backing tracks originally written in Sonar which, due to S1's more limited midi functionality (and some sloppy track naming etc., whilst writing in Sonar), I am unable to fully derive the information to translate these tracks when opening in S1.

Voila ~ thanks to Bandlab, I have downloaded a'free', fully functioning version of Sonar, which, hopefully, I can now use to open my old midi projects (in combination with the old hardware expander module that the tracks were originally written for) to glean the missing info for transfer across to S1 to accompany the related audio multitracks (which don't include the midi backing tracks) I'm remixing..... Best of both worlds - Happy days!

Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by phildarg on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:17 pm
Hi - I am trying to drag and drop Craig Anderton's Harmonic Tremelo ZIP onto a track.

I dragged the ZIP file onto a track - Studio One it recognizes it, but when I "drop" it - it doesn't add anything to the track. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
by zoheirmokeddem on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:31 pm
Hi guyz i really need you guyz on this one :

I wanted to purchase arousor from empiricals labs ....basically it's shoiwing in sonar but not i studio one ,

the thing is that at first scan i saw S1 saw arousor , it poped up a windows telling "about the demo mode remaining time" , i thnk i messed up canceling it or some ...

since then nothng about arousor in studio .

I reset the black list : nothing

I tried to unistall and re nstall arousor (there's no unstaller of this thing !! so i manually deleted" , but still the same , all daws saw it but S1 don't see t since that scan thingy...

The sale stops today , so any help could be priceless , i don't want to buy it and beng forced to use it only in Sonar (never thought i would say that one day lol)
by jpettit on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:41 pm
Verify your plugin paths once again for VST 2 vs VST 3
Go to your settings files (found in the help menu and delete your (two) blacklist files.

You could also open a ticket and they will probably have you delete a major portion of your settings to do a major reset.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by zoheirmokeddem on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:42 pm
Thks J done everything ....

I renamed my VSTplugns files to for it to create a new one , , snce it was uncompleted ii had to do a full reset of all plugins wtch by the way killed all my custom Folder layout ...a chance i make back up of those

All sorted now arousor back on map ,a my folder layout back

Thks J , you're always around to ready to help , much appreciated :thumbup: feels reconforted to know you and some around , always feeling not leaved alone !!
by tomgastauer1 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:39 pm
Hello,
I really appreciate is forum and all the resources it provides. I was wondering if there it's a function in Studio One to convert stereo tracks to mono as there is in Sonar. I've looked through my Users guide and checked on this forum and can't find anything about doing so. I'm using Studio One 3.5. Thank you for any help on this.

Tom

Studio One 4.0, 3.5
Sonar Platinum
Faderport 8
Console One
Apollo Twin USB Duo
UAD Octo Core Satellite
Windows 7 64x
I7 Quad-core
16g ram
by robertgray3 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:22 pm
tomgastauer1 wroteHello,
I really appreciate is forum and all the resources it provides. I was wondering if there it's a function in Studio One to convert stereo tracks to mono as there is in Sonar. I've looked through my Users guide and checked on this forum and can't find anything about doing so. I'm using Studio One 3.5. Thank you for any help on this.

Tom

One of the simplest ways to do this at present in Studio One from the Files section in the Browser. When you navigate to the project's Media folder, you can right click on the file you wish to split to mono and select "Split to Mono Files" then drag and drop the newly created files back into the timeline.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

648 postsPage 32 of 33
1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33