Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
System I am using

Windows 7
Intel I-7 3.5Ghz
16Gb Ram
3.0 USB
Running latest version of Studio One 3 (updated yesterday)
Dedicated to my home studio no other programs run on this computer

I purchased my 192 from Sweetwater a few days ago and had the opportunity to try and get underway last evening. Prior I was using my original 22vsl.

Got everything together and kept getting the following message every time I tried to open Studio One

Failed to start correctly would you like to retry. (I did a few times but realized that I wasn't going to get anywhere)
Subsequent message was that Studio 192 could not be initialized to check hardware configuration and try again. I tried to open S192 from the configuration screen and got the same messages.

I did get it to connect on one occasion and I thought I was out of the woods and then I got the message to update the firmware on the UC Surface which I attempted to do. A little way into that process I got an 'error 2010' message that the update had failed. I did after numerous other attempts have the UC Surface look as if it was going to allow me to update the firmware again when I tried I got the same result the 'error 2010'.

I consulted the forum last night and saw where a suggestion was made to move to 2.0 USB and I tried that too and no luck.

Just so you know I've tried, I have turned off, unplugged and replugged, rebooted (numerous times), so those basic resets have been tried.

Advice anyone? I was like a kid in the candy store putting back some cash to get this new interface and I am so frustrated. Like most I have a project I'm in the middle of and really need to keep moving.

Thanks.
by matthewgorman on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:49 am
Try a reinstall of UC Surface (Latest version). Sounds like the install may not have happened correctly. If not, I would open a support ticket. There are many variables that can/could jam things up, and they would be best prepared to handle something like that.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Murrell Thixton on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:14 am
Thanks Matthew. I went to the page where the downloads for UC Surface are I thought I thought.

I went to my products / studio 192 / downloads / under that is said UC Surface v1.5.1.38092 for Windows

I clicked the download and went from there.

Was I in the right spot and got the right download? I uninstalled and re downloaded last night and got the same results after that.

Am I getting the correct software? Something didn't feel right like maybe I was getting wrong program, maybe not the full program. It seemed pretty small for a program that is pretty hefty.

Again thanks for your help. :)
by matthewgorman on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:20 am
You were in the right spot. The most current driver will be the default download in your Presonus account.

When you have the device plugged in to the PC, is the power button solid blue, or flashing Red/Blue? Can you open and gain control of the 192 via UC Surface? Can you see any activity on the meters if you plug a mic in to the 192?

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Murrell Thixton on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:54 am
When I punch the power button on the 192 it blinks back and forth between red and blue and then after a few seconds turns solid blue.

When I open Studio One I begin seeing all the items scroll like it is loading properly and it will suddenly stop and give the message that the Studio 192 didn't open properly last time would I like to retry or cancel.

I have tried to get into the UC Surface alone and the update the firmware button is grayed out. That's as far as I can get with either.
by matthewgorman on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:33 am
Sounds like the UCS install is messed up. Opening a support ticket would be recommended.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Murrell Thixton on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:43 am
Set a ticket up. Thanks so much for the advice.
by alejandrodelro on Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:33 pm
Could you resolve this? I'm having a similar problem. The Studio 192 is not recgonized by UCSurface
by flofontaine on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:16 am
I tried again and again to get the universal control to function with the pc
it just wont go ......but it working perfect since I bought it in march 2018
before the firmware update,what to do
by tyleryeager on Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:50 pm
...All these years later and here I am with the same issue! I've tried absolutely everything I can think of to resolve this and am waiting on a response to my ticket. Did anyone else find a fix? I updated to UC 4.0.0.90879 macOS x64 and that leaves me kinda dead...
I've tried all the cable swapping and stuff, even OS updating (from Catalina to Monterey...which I did not really want to do). It only seems to have gotten worse now...it just will not connect to UC now...ugh. Thanks for any help!!

10 posts
Page 1 of 1