20 posts
Page 1 of 1
Dear Presonus: please please PLEASE provide the promised support for 44.1 in the Series III. Since I first read about these mixers over a year ago, support for 44.1 has been "coming soon". I know you've been working on lots of cool stuff, and the DAW control is fabulous. But I really need 44.1. I can't relocate my Studio192 for portable use until my Series III works in CD sample rate.

Sorry to whine, And I've posted this before. But I don't understand the hold up. My original StudioLive 16.4.2, that I bought shortly after it came out, supported both sample rates from the beginning (and then you added lots of cool upgrades). It doesn't seem like this should be a big hurdle (not that I know anything about mixer design).

Please? Thanks
by TheUntalentedOne on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:00 pm
salbert wroteDear Presonus: please please PLEASE provide the promised support for 44.1 in the Series III. Since I first read about these mixers over a year ago, support for 44.1 has been "coming soon". I know you've been working on lots of cool stuff, and the DAW control is fabulous. But I really need 44.1. I can't relocate my Studio192 for portable use until my Series III works in CD sample rate.

Sorry to whine, And I've posted this before. But I don't understand the hold up. My original StudioLive 16.4.2, that I bought shortly after it came out, supported both sample rates from the beginning (and then you added lots of cool upgrades). It doesn't seem like this should be a big hurdle (not that I know anything about mixer design).

Please? Thanks

I second this. My Series III has been sitting in it's case unused because of this :(

S1 4.5.3 Artist, Studiolive Series III 16, Studiolive 32R, Windows 10, Behringer MOTOR
by jimschwarz on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:05 pm
What Sal & TUO said
by jpettit on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:56 pm
They are working on it, and not saying that taking a long time to release a feature that was mentioned early on is not important, but I don't quite understand why it is a showstopper for some.

Why not do your song/projects at 48k/24 bit and maybe downsample to older 44.1/16 bit standard if you need to make a CD master?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by TheUntalentedOne on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:29 am
jpettit wroteThey are working on it, and not saying that taking a long time to release a feature that was mentioned early on is not important, but I don't quite understand why it is a showstopper for some.

Why not do your song/projects at 48k/24 bit and maybe downsample to older 44.1/16 bit standard if you need to make a CD master?

It's my 100s of older projects that are 44.1

S1 4.5.3 Artist, Studiolive Series III 16, Studiolive 32R, Windows 10, Behringer MOTOR
by jpettit on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:34 am
When you open the song it will flag the difference in samples. You then click on the song info and switch to 48k. The 44.1 song will then play at 48k with now problem.

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by TheUntalentedOne on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:42 pm
jpettit wroteWhen you open the song it will flag the difference in samples. You then click on the song info and switch to 48k. The 44.1 song will then play at 48k with now problem.

I suspect you are talking about Studio One ? This is about the Studiolive III and I use Cubase with tempo maps on projects which include audio and midi. It's not that easy unfortunately

by jpettit on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:51 pm
Yes I assumed Studio One and even DAW mode.

I would imagine Cubase would have similar sample rate for project bs sample rate of source file on the fly conversion.
Tempo maps will follow th playback sample rate so it would depend on Cubase stretch algorithms.

You could experiment with a copy of one if your songs.

by TheUntalentedOne on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:01 pm
jpettit wroteYes I assumed Studio One.
I would imagine Cubase would have similar sample rate for project bs sample rate of source file on the fly conversion.
Tempo maps will follow th playback sample rate.

I have tried it before I put the Studiolive in "storage" . Now I may be doing something wrong, but it didn't work. Don't remember exactly what the problem was (think it was a tempo map problem) ,but it wasn't a one button process.

Just need Presonus to give us the 44.1 option ................ it has been approx a year now

by salbert on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 am
jpettit, do you speak with inside knowledge when you say they're working on it? I don't mean that in a snarky way, I just hope you speak the truth!
I get what you mean about letting StudioOne resample in the project, but it's just not as elegant as it could be if the mixer actually operated in 44.1. So like I said originally, I can't relocate my Studio192 until they make the update. Cheers
by jpettit on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:32 pm
Offical Statement: “44.1 kHz support is currently in development and will be made available in a future firmware update.”

by markgreiner on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:16 am
jpettit wroteOffical Statement: “44.1 kHz support is currently in development and will be made available in a future firmware update.”

That’s kinda like what I tell my wife about me losing weight: “I’m working on it. Someday, sweetie, someday.”

Mark
by jameswhitescarver on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:10 pm
I'v also switched over to Studio 1 recently, and I have hundreds of projects for dozens of clients recorded in Sonar at 44.1
It will make my life a lot easier and my setup more streamlined once they implement this option.
by carlosmanuel1 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:52 am
... unfortunatlly still not part of the lates FW update! Pitty

C.
by rickmiller on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:27 pm
I am also patiently waiting for 44.1 support. As it's been said before I have older projects that have remixes pending, but I'm in limbo until 44.1 support is released.

It would be great to get an official update to see if the target for release is going to be sometime this year.
by aliciahealey on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:23 pm
Adding my request for PreSonus to step up this development - I can live without the DAW HUI capability more than not being able to open my 44.1 files. This is pretty good sized problem.
by alanbutterworth on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 am
Just a quick note from a new user.

I thought this was going to be a huge problem, but I've just bought a SL3 24 which as you know comes with a version of Studio One 4 Artist for free. With this you can import all your 44.1 wav files and they play back fine. Would the workaround for yourself be export your Cubase projects as wav files, then import them to Studio One 4 as wav files? I understand if you work in midi /soft samplers then yuo may want to be constantly tweaking until mixdown so might not be useful. As it is, I'm looking at maybe changing to Studio One 4 as my DAW instead of Cubase Pro 9.5 as I only came back into the Cubase fold a year ago and find the whole system too 'left brain' intensive. As I've been mainly 'hardware' based for thirty years it may be that I find certain things in Studio One don't meet my needs, but as I'm no Cubase aficionado I just want a better integration of sound recorded and manipulated in a DAW and control of it. This on the surface, seems to be that solution without breaking the bank.

Window 10, Be Quiet PC Intel Core i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz 64Gb RAM, 4 x SSD, Native Instruments ULTIMATE KOMPLETE 11 plus Symphonic Series Library, AKAI MPK88, Studio One 5.2 (pro), Cubase 10 PRO, Dorico 3, Notion 6, Presonus ioSTATION24c
by babulmukherjee on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Ugh. I purchased Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio Edition during their fall sale this week, and just found out that I cannot use it because of lack of 44.1 support on my StudioLive 24R :(

Sonarworks needs to be 44.1 to run its room measurements to calibrate my system.

I guess I need to temporarily find an audio interface that supports 44.1 to calibrate with. Though that's less than ideal as I won't be playing back through that temp interface.

Here's hoping this will be resolved soon!

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by roblof on Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:36 am
Even if s1 (and cubase as well) can do sample rate conversion it is still a lossy and not a lossless conversion. Worst case is that it even can introduce high frequency noice due to interpolation errors.

In a multitrack scenario this could potentially create small irregularities between tracks.

I’ll let the audiophiles fight over if this conversion error is significant or not...

Here is an excerpt from https://www.psaudio.com/article/sample-rate-conversion :
On the other hand, if I am converting from 44.1kHz to 48kHz, then only one in every 160 samples of the 48kHz output stream will correspond directly to original samples from the 44.1kHz data stream (you’ll have to take my word for that). In other words, 159 out of every 160 samples in the output stream will start off life as an interpolated value. Therefore the quality of this conversion is going to be entirely dependent on the accuracy of those initial interpolation guesses, or more specifically, the accuracy of the algorithm used to make those guesses (a more complicated topic that I won’t be going into here). Again, the process of making a best guess and doing the filtering is typically combined into a specialized filter, but the principle of operation remains the same.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by stephenblake1 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:50 pm
Absolutely! I have many 44.1k ProTools sessions that I need to edit and I was planning on StudioLive 16 III mixer as my interface.

20 posts
Page 1 of 1