48 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
Hi,

Are the current release drivers for OSX compatible with Yosemite?

Thanks,

James
by cristofe on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:44 pm

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by briankuhn on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:00 pm
cristofe wroteSee for yourself:

http://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-1818VSL/downloads

I mean, this response isn't really helpful given that Yosemite was released around 30 minutes ago and those drivers were posted months ago.

This is a big deal for those of us who want to update to the latest OS but our home studios rely on driver compatibility. Given the previous issues with OSX and the Presonus Mac drivers, I can see why somebody would be hesitant.

As a follow up, here's the official word:

http://support.presonus.com/entries/577 ... ct-16-2014
by mwright137 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:02 pm
briankuhn wroteThis is a big deal for those of us who want to update to the latest OS but our home studios rely on driver compatibility.

If your home studio relies on having working drivers, NEVER update to a new Operating System within a month or so of its release date. Let things work themselves out first.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by digitalfuzz on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:50 am
For what it's worth, I was part of the public beta testers, and was gigging with my AB1818 the entire time, with no problems (using as a mixer for live shows), using a (2012) MacBook Pro. Now, I haven't RECORDED with it under 10.10, but, in my tests, all seemed well.

Would be worth waiting for a few more users to chime in, of course. My experience mat not be yours.
by PreSonuSupt2 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:14 am
The official stance is that we have not completed testing as of that release.

Users who update to the new operating system do so at their own risk.
by bluesriff on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:21 am
Thanks y'all!

• QSC Touchmix-8
• Apple Macbook Pro Core i5 2.40GHz 15" 4 GB RAM 320GB
• OSX Yosemite ~ 10.10.2
AB1818 Firmware v1.3 Mac (all VSL related files purged)
• Studio One Artist 2.6.5 (Build 30360)
by cristofe on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:54 am
Yosemite was released around 30 minutes ago

Which is EXACTLY the point I was making......you can't expect ANY company to release drivers for a new OS the same day it's released.

This is a big deal for those of us who want to update to the latest OS but our home studios rely on driver compatibility.

Which is also a point I was trying to make.....I guess I should have been more wordy about it.

mwright137 said it best:

If your home studio relies on having working drivers, NEVER update to a new Operating System within a month or so of its release date.

My mistake for assuming that everyone has enough sense to adhere to this simple rule of thumb.

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

by jonaslindgren on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:06 pm
It works just fine for me on a 13" Mid-2012 Macbook with USB3. I am not using Presonus drivers, just the generic one in OS X since they have always worked better for me. I have recordred a few hours of music tonight in Studio One without any issues.
by Rhythm302 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:33 am
I just updated my Mac to Yosemite and now my 18x18 VSL Doesn't work :|

Is presonus working on a new update? or are there tricks to get it to work?
by FinalSaga on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:17 am
Hey guys

Here is some reading in the Knowledge Base:
http://support.presonus.com/entries/57764960-Mac-OSX-10-10-Yosemite-Compatibility-Statement-as-of-Oct-16-2014-

A quote from the bottom of that page:
"Problems we are aware of that we are working on resolving:

- Recording Audio with StudioLive RM with 1.5.0.23933 and 1.5.0.29624 FireWire connection as it cannot be seen by Audio MIDI Setup. However Control of mixer is still possible using UC Surface.

- AudioBox USB, AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL, 22VSL, iOne and iTwo with AudioBox VSL 1.3 will not display or use control panel, until the device is hot-plugged. Hot plug means to pull the USB cable and then plug it back in. "

Hope this helps
Ch33rs
Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

:)
by Rhythm302 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:28 am
I have an 18x18 VSL and the hot plug fix doesn't work :-/ any other suggestions? When is presonus going to have an updated patch?
by bjmccaskil on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:33 pm
Upgraded to Yosemite and 1818VSL seems to work well - hot plug bug/fix was definitely a useful tip. But, using an ad hoc network AB1818VSL Remote is no longer visible under the Devices Online on the Startup Page.

Used a computer not yet upgraded to Yosemite and it works fine. This was with an iPad using IOS 8.1, so no problem at that end.
by cristofe on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:15 am
Perhaps it's time for all you Mac fanbois to reconsider......

This post on another pro audio forum sums up the situation quite well IMHO.

As you may have noticed, thing are changing fast on Apple side.
Coming from a computer making only status, now Apple is (almost) everywhere :
Computers (laptop, desktop, tower...cylinder sorry, mini-desktop), smartphones (almost 40% of them), tablets, Apple TV, vids, MP3, books,apps...

Apple changed from a very limited public to a very broad public. Almost everyone use or know someone using an iPhone.
Trust an old fart like me, it was not like that in the 90's with Apple computers :bleh:
Computers changed from their ONLY product status, to just ANOTHER product. I know it is shocking for early Mac users, but that's reality.

Apple sells much more iDevices than computers (around 6% computers market only, compared to 40% smartphones).
And they sell more laptops than desktops (recent change for less than 5 years). With an high margin. Computers are marginal in number, but not money

So Apple decided to make another step : why not using this large public audience (idevices and content) to sell more computers ?
After all, starting from only 6%, there is a lot to improve ?

That's when Apple started to provide FREE OSX updates (for the first time ever) with Mavericks. Combined with more iOS integration, cloud and mac store, Apple try to make Macs more "mainstream", using their already great iDevices and content market.

Until now, this is not so problematic for us, audio lovers
But it starts here :wink:

-First, they are trying to release OS updates more frequently, every year.Once again, to make Macs OS synced with iDevices iOS upgrades.

Each OS update mean more bugs to solve on the OS side, AND on the softwares/drivers side too.
Third party devs (drivers, softs, plugins) are NOT all going to follow Apple. You think they are obliged to ?
So read about Yosemite on Avid, Steinberg and Ableton (and more) forums. And audio hardware makers, too.
You think you just need to wait some months to iron out all bugs ? May be...but for now, Mavericks still get some unsolved bugs with common audio softs.

Rush is another problem.When ppl needed to buy updates, a lot less ppl upgraded on day one. But we seen what happened with Mavericks : a lot of ppl rushed...and posted all over the net to know how they could downgrade, just after they upgraded.
Downgrade is not something Apple provide as an easy solution. You made a full backup or you are (almost) dead.
Once again this year, with Yosemite, ppl are rushing and complaining their drivers, softwares, plugins are not working.
What will happen next year ? I let you wonder...

- Second point, even more problematic. Apple want their computers to be mainstream, like their iPhones.

And to reach this point, they "simplify" their softwares. That's why Logic X looks like Garageband 10...and so GB 10 looks like LX, too :wink:
But there is another new method : Apple mix their softwares and make them more "iOS like". That's what happened to Aperture/iPhoto (both gone) called now "Photos" (nice effort) with this "iOS like" feeling.
Who is next ? Logic/Garageband or Finalcut/iMovie ? I bet on Finalcut

Apple are doing that because PRO softwares dev cost them a lot of money, for few sells compared to less dev cost on simpler apps and so more money margin (even if they offer the soft, they get money back on hardware) because it is a mainstream public app.

Like it or not, Apple is dropping his pro software line.
Did you seen how many time it took to get Logic X ? Finalcut X release mess ? Even the most famous Finalcut tutorials maker is now offering Adobe Premiere tutorials, too

Between confidential pro software sells and massive mainstream adoption (even for free on the software side), Apple have made their choice. Byebye pro softwares line. The days when Apple was pushing professional usage to promote them are gone.
Apple don't care about pro audio, pro video or pro photo. Because even if you merge all those ppl, they represent pure nothing against iPhone users. And not so much among non-pro Mac users.That's the main problem we will face sooner than later.

So there still the amazing OSX (i love it, BTW) ?
Yes, but will third party devs follow that iOS-like path for their pro softwares and drivers ?
I'm not that sure about it. It costs a lot more money to debug Cubase or Protools than an iOS software.

The more i see Apple changes on the Mac side, the more i feel an era is gone for good...and nothing is coming to replace it.
And no, an overhyped iPad DAW running on ARM like CPU is not going to replace Logic on an octocore :rofl:

by bitonwalstra on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:34 pm
not really following you guys, there ARE plenty companies coming out with updates on the day or just after the day Apple's release of Yosemite. (see iMore.com for info).

i'm now running a Behringer X32 Producer and their hardware and software like X32 Edit, X32 Mix, X32-Q and DAW Tracktion have NO problems with either Mac OS X 10.10 or IOS 8.1...

hence the reason for me to move on, sorry.

Micro PA;
Apple; MacBook Pro 13", Mid 2010, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb SSD, OS X latest version
Apple; iPad 3, 16Gb, iOS latest version
Asus; S300C Notebook PC, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, Windows 8.1
Studio One; v2, Artist
StudioLive; 16.4.2 (sold)
StudioLive; RM16Ai (returned)
Behringer; X32 Producer (sold)
Behringer; XR18 (ordered)
Electro Voice; ZXA1
Heil Sound; PR22, Handi Mic
Lag; 1984 RockLine Bass
by tammo on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:55 pm
Ok. I too had trouble hooking up my Audiobox to OS X Yosemite. I connected it straight to the USB ports and .... nothing. Not recognized and not shown in the sound menu. bleep? Frustrated, and by complete random action, I took out a USB-hub that I had knocking around and plugged the Audiobox into that and then the hub into the MacMini and guess what? ... Recognized! Jeez!
by cristofe on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:31 am
Glad you found a workaround to get you up and running till the new drivers are released. Hopefully this "fix" will help others in the same boat. Thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:

by sharonzaz on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:37 am
just because logic x looks ''like'' GB it doesnt mean its not ''pro'' anymore.
its a fully capable DAW that holds still the standard of logic 9 and more.
and while other DAWs cost around $500 or more, logic is less than half that
and still is (IMHO) the better DAW out there.

another point:
no other major card company made an issue regarding the newer macs and the usb3 chips.
to my best knowledge, RME, Maudio, Motu and so on did not have driver or hardware issues at all.
i cant even use my 1818 anymore on the road and it is actually sad.
my line6 HD500 worked well on my older (2012) i5 mac, and still does on this newer (same model MD101 but a 2013 model) one.
Maudio cards that ive tried works the same.
my RME multiface (through the TB out into a converter to expresscard) still works the same
ML - Mavericks and now on yosemite.

im happy apple is finally avail to the masses. its great that it works for so many ppl now
instead of the tired old windows systems. im not missing the windows systems at all.
apple made a lot of lives, pro and consumer, easy and it does so relatively cheap.
times are moving on, nothing stands still, and apple keeps up with the times.
why NOT make software avail for cheap? why not make an easy transition from GB into logic?
should it be tough and then you would think its a PRO thing?
if youve already spent hard money on your hardware, then some more on GB or imovie, why should they still rape your pocket further on logic or FCP?

we dont need asio4all and whatnot else to make our things work.
all we need is already coded in the system.
plug, play, work, enjoy.

despite the mishap with the 1818 not doing what i got it to do, i can still plug my drummer's vdrums
into the macbook pro, run logic, and still play gigs without latency, no further drivers, no issues.

presonus needs to get their act together.
on another forum, i have advised someone to buy the 1818 not too long ago, then a flood of
guys advised against, and now i agree with them, pretty much.

dont blame apple and the rest of the world for going forward, blame presonus for not moving fast enough.

http://www.sheron.co.za
https://www.youtube.com/user/sheronmusician/videos
https://soundcloud.com/sheron-imj-band/tracks

MacPro i7 12GB Ram SL 10.6.8
MBP MD101 i5 - 2.5 OS X 10.10.3
RME Multiface
Yamaha 01V96
1818VSL (Sold and gone forever)
Yamaha MSP10+SW10
Mackie DL32R
Focusrite VoiceMasterPro
Logic Pro 9
Logic Pro X
by cristofe on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:56 pm
Sorry but you're wrong.....MANY RME users and some M-Audio users reporting problems with Yosemite....only MOTU seems to have gotten it right. Oh and BTW....Focusrite, Tascam, and Steinberg users have also reported compatibility issues with Yosemite.

RME:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#tbm=vid&q=rme+++yosemite+problems

M-Audio:

The problem is being caused by the fact that both the 4x4 and 2x2 are not currently supported under Yosemite..

There are several threads on various sites, including the M-Audiuo community forum... responding to this issue but as yet (and is common with M-Audio devices after an OS X Update...) M-Audio have not released any info about forthcoming updates to address these issues officially..

So....

Here are a couple of threads with apparent workarounds to this issue....

http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio/to ... k-with-osx -yosemite

http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio/to ... yosemite-a nd-now-my-midisport-usb-4x4-doesnt-work-is-there-any-chance-to-make

Note: As been said here repeatedly, in future... do not update your OS X before checking first that compatible drivers/firmware updates are available for your external hardware.. and that your hardware will function correctly after the update/upgrade to OS X

by sharonzaz on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:51 pm
i wasnt talking about yosemite specifically, i was referring to the problems with the 1818, all the major driver issues
with the latest usb3 story.

http://www.sheron.co.za
https://www.youtube.com/user/sheronmusician/videos
https://soundcloud.com/sheron-imj-band/tracks

MacPro i7 12GB Ram SL 10.6.8
MBP MD101 i5 - 2.5 OS X 10.10.3
RME Multiface
Yamaha 01V96
1818VSL (Sold and gone forever)
Yamaha MSP10+SW10
Mackie DL32R
Focusrite VoiceMasterPro