45 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Added matrix of bounce/render process vs, signal chain attributes in the OP

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Royarn on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:26 am
Very Useful post for a recent convert from Sonar. Many thanks Roy

INTEL HASWELL Core i5 4670K Z87-K MB, 16 gig DDR3 ram, 250 gig ssd 1 x 250 gig 1 x 1TB sata 2 drives,Presonus Faderport,  Motif ES 6, Focusrite 8i6. Windows 10Pro 64 bit. Sonar Platinum Lifetime Updates.(HaHa) :D Presonus Studio One 3 and 4 Pro.
by georgeharth on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:26 pm
Anyone know if Mix FX ignored or included in bounce to new track and/or transform? I would kind of a assume they are ignored in the output wave file in those cases, but I haven't seen it mentioned one way or another.
by Larry the O on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:33 pm
As it happens, without ever having seen this post, I happened to write my version of the same idea in my January 2018 Studio One column in Sound on Sound magazine. The link is here, though there is a paywall around the article:
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/studio-one-bouncing-back
by wonder6oy on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:34 pm
georgeharth wroteAnyone know if Mix FX ignored or included in bounce to new track and/or transform? I would kind of a assume they are ignored in the output wave file in those cases, but I haven't seen it mentioned one way or another.

There is something very odd going on with the combination of MixFX and channel Transformation and export. On my system, the "drive" value from the in-use MixFX engine does not get factored into the processing, and as a result, dynamic fx (like compressors, gates, etc) do not get hit at the right level and drum sample trigger plugs (like Trigger, Drumxchanger, etc) do not trigger properly. Basically, because I always use the MixFX console in a session, all automated insert rendering functions outside of Mixdown are useless to me. I did contact support about it, but no solution was found (see note below). They said they would pass it along to development, but that was months ago and I have seen no updates since.

Note: I did manage to find one "workaround" that allows me to use Transform with some degree of success. Prior to performing the Transform function, I can insert a Mixtool plug at the top of the channel's insert chain and add the additional gain needed by entering the same amount indicated by the "drive" value in the MixFX plug (at the top level of the bus connected to the affected channel), then add another Mixtool at the bottom of the insert chain subtracting that amount back out. Only then does Transform or Export Stems seem to render the insert processing correctly. It's messy though, especially if you need to do numerous tracks.

system specs: Studio One 5.1.0, Windows 10 64bit, Intel I7 8700K
by jpettit on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:11 pm
georgeharth wroteAnyone know if Mix FX ignored or included in bounce to new track and/or transform? I would kind of a assume they are ignored in the output wave file in those cases, but I haven't seen it mentioned one way or another.

With Mix-FX on main:

No, It is not included in the Bounce to a New Track.
No, it is not included in a Transform Instrument to Audio
No, it is not included in an Export Stems.
Yes, it is included in the Mixdown export.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Intergroove on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:03 pm
Very good post!!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 16 inch 2019 i9) / Mac Pro 2012 12 core / Studio 192 Audio Interface
by Anderton on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:52 pm
Your concise explanations and handbooks are really, really helpful.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by vseanv on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:10 am
Just for the sake of keeping the dream alive. We really need PRE-FADER/PAN track transform so that mix level/pan adjustments are kept when reverting back to the un-transformed state. Currently when you transform a track or instrument, the audio is printed Post-fader/pan and the level and pan settings are reset to zero... so if you make any level or pan adjustments and then revert back to the un-transformed state, you lose those adjustments and have to make them again. Over many tracks this is a terrible time waster and virtually impossible to get the exact same level balance... IMO the current transform function is broken because of this and almost useless for anything but static transforms...

It's great to be able to edit "frozen" tracks, but losing the ability to adjust their level is not a worthy compromise. Most of the time I am transforming mix sessions with lots of plugins, say transforming the drums so that I can mix the guitars or something. But then, the snare is a little too loud... but nope, in order to do that, I have to un-transform the track and turn it down because the fader is at zero and if I want to un-transform the drums later to adjust the plugins, than I will lose that level adjustment. It just doesn't function properly. All other applications freeze Pre-Fader for this exact reason.

The good news is that if Presonus implemented Pre-Fader track freeze, it would be the ultimate option as it would allow you to make edits to the printed tracks themselves, but also let you make mix level/pan adjustments.
by ozinga on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:43 am
It is like you describe with midi transform. I wonder why not the same for the audio?

vseanv wroteJust for the sake of keeping the dream alive. We really need PRE-FADER/PAN track transform so that mix level/pan adjustments are kept when reverting back to the un-transformed state. Currently when you transform a track or instrument, the audio is printed Post-fader/pan and the level and pan settings are reset to zero... so if you make any level or pan adjustments and then revert back to the un-transformed state, you lose those adjustments and have to make them again. Over many tracks this is a terrible time waster and virtually impossible to get the exact same level balance... IMO the current transform function is broken because of this and almost useless for anything but static transforms...

It's great to be able to edit "frozen" tracks, but losing the ability to adjust their level is not a worthy compromise. Most of the time I am transforming mix sessions with lots of plugins, say transforming the drums so that I can mix the guitars or something. But then, the snare is a little too loud... but nope, in order to do that, I have to un-transform the track and turn it down because the fader is at zero and if I want to un-transform the drums later to adjust the plugins, than I will lose that level adjustment. It just doesn't function properly. All other applications freeze Pre-Fader for this exact reason.

The good news is that if Presonus implemented Pre-Fader track freeze, it would be the ultimate option as it would allow you to make edits to the printed tracks themselves, but also let you make mix level/pan adjustments.

MB PRO 2018 32/1TB Mojave
iMac 2017 64/512 Mojave
UAD Apollo X6 / UAD Apollo 16 / UAD Apollo Twin X
by bailatosco on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:54 pm
vseanv wroteJust for the sake of keeping the dream alive. We really need PRE-FADER/PAN track transform so that mix level/pan adjustments are kept when reverting back to the un-transformed state. Currently when you transform a track or instrument, the audio is printed Post-fader/pan and the level and pan settings are reset to zero... so if you make any level or pan adjustments and then revert back to the un-transformed state, you lose those adjustments and have to make them again. Over many tracks this is a terrible time waster and virtually impossible to get the exact same level balance... IMO the current transform function is broken because of this and almost useless for anything but static transforms...

THIS...

here is the FR: https://answers.presonus.com/18066/pre- ... orm-needed

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by addhitman on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:49 pm
"bounce selection" is not listed.

Does "bounce selection" apply:

Channel FX?
Master FX?
Melodyne?
Automation?
Anything?
by jpettit on Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:18 pm
Bounce Selection is basically Bounce Audio Event ( all or part of the event):

by Kip on Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:20 am
Great thread! Very helpful! Cheers

2011 iMac i5
Windows 10
16 gig Ram
Steinberg UR 28M
High Sierra on External Thunderbolt SSD
Studio One Professional 5.5.2
Cubase 11.4.3
Logic Pro X 10.4.8
by timothyjaques on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:21 pm
SO, just to clarify, if I use the standard bounce option, (Ctrl+B), it literally does nothing but cement automation/time/melodyne edits. None of the inserted FX get applied to the bounce?
by jpettit on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:34 pm
timothyjaques wroteSO, just to clarify, if I use the standard bounce option, (Ctrl+B), it literally does nothing but cement automation/time/melodyne edits. None of the inserted FX get applied to the bounce?

Look at the table in the OP https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=219#p219
The row with Ctrl +B in it shows you an X by everything that gets included in a new file when you bounce.
Other commands write the Inserts to the file.

by fredboudin on Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:01 am
I noticed this bug.
CTC-1 on master, custom mode, drive knob near max
If I bounce a vsti (with a sine wave it is more obvious) and CTC-1 is off
=> bounced file include CTC-1 effect : not expected behavior (cecause effect is off !)
If I bounce the same CTC-1 plug in on but bypassed
=> bounced file does not include CTC-1 effect : expected behavior
by daniellebitton on Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:31 pm
Hey Guys, I'm a beginner here and could really use your help.
How do you export vocal stems with your chosen FX on? My vocal tracks have the FX (sends on) I can hear them when playing back the track but when I select the vocal piece to bounce, it bounces out without the FX. Any help would be so appreciated!
by HopTzop on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:05 pm
Would be nice for Bounce Selection on Instrument tracks to just render only the instrument, without effects and also make a copy of the inserts/sends on the new audio track. I've created a macro for that, but it's kinda limited. It turns of all effects on all tracks, cause there isn't an option to turn off inserts and sends on the selected track, renders the selected event, reactivates all inserts/sends, but it can't make a copy of the instrument channel Inserts and Sends.

PreSonus Studio One 5 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz Max Boost 3.7Ghz :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 :: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 960GB :: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
HP Omen-15-ce008nq :: Intel Core i7 7700hq 2.8 GHz Max Boost 3.8 GHz :: DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB :: Western Digital SSD 128GB :: HDD 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
Steinberg UR22 mk II :: M-Audio Oxygen 49 3rd Gen :: M-Audio Keystation Mini 32
by gregh on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:45 pm
even tho this is very clear I am still struggling with getting what I want to do which is
1. Audio track with fx on the channel
2. Generate a new file on a new track with fx applied
3. go back to original audio track, change effect settings
4. Apply new fx to get a new file on a new track with fx applied

At the moment I am getting a new track with FX but the old track is muted and the event is sort of greyed out I cant figure out how to unmute it so that I can keep generating new tracks with vcarious effects applied based on that first track

win10, old i5 machine (plenty good enough) S1Pro, Bitwig, Adam A7 monitors

https://greghooper2.bandcamp.com/

45 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3