Share your songs!
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Made in Studio One 3 Pro................

https://soundcloud.com/djwayne2000/lost ... -fun-house
by Bbd on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:10 pm
Can't tell if you want feedback or note.
Maybe not.

But....

The organ sound is great. I followed it and liked it.
But, your playing ion the beat needs lots of work.
Since it seems there is a click or tempo track to play to, I hope you can work on getting closer to the beat than this. I think your ideas are good but need to focus on playing together in time.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by waynekraft on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:47 am
Thanks for the review....the music is intended to be out of time as the listener is supposed to be "lost", stumbling around in a dark fun house.
by codyhazelle on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:36 pm
waynekraft wroteThanks for the review....the music is intended to be out of time as the listener is supposed to be "lost", stumbling around in a dark fun house.

It's an interesting idea, and I see why you did it, but I think it could come across better. Maybe have no percussion so that your organ and piano can speed up and slow down at will? Maybe be in time together with percussion, but have the tempo accelerate and ritard?

Besides playing with time, you could really play with effects like phaser, flanger and delay to convey a really lost, warped sort of vibe. Throw in some random sounds/textures (listen to Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite). Though I do already get the vibe from the instrument choice and chord selection--it's just another suggestion.

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen R7 1700 3GHz, Radeon RX 480, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen 2, Studio One 4 Pro

4 posts
Page 1 of 1