Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

is it possible to use the S/PDIF with the Monitoring-Function? When I hit the Monitor-button I can only hear the Analog Inputs, not the digital Inputs.

Cheers
by matthewgorman on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:53 am
Not sure what you mean. Can you give a little more detail on what you are trying to do, and how its all set up?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by hedon09 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:38 am
When I use the interface standalone with no open DAW it is possible to directly hear (on the Main Out = Hardware Monitoring) the Signals coming to the Analog Inputs by pressing the Mon-Button of the Interface. However I can't hear the Signals coming to the digital Inputs, in this Example the S/PDIF-Input. I can only hear them when I open Studio One and use the Software Monitoring.
by hedon09 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:28 am
To use the Hardware Monitoring Function there must not even be a PC attached to the Interface. When I Power up with no PC hooked up, I simply press the Mon-Button and can hear all the Signals i'm sending to the Analog Inputs on my Main out. However, this doesn't function with the SPDIF-Input. Is it possible to achieve that with the Studio 68?
by matthewgorman on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:51 pm
I'm trying to get an answer for you.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:23 pm
hedon09 wroteTo use the Hardware Monitoring Function there must not even be a PC attached to the Interface. When I Power up with no PC hooked up, I simply press the Mon-Button and can hear all the Signals i'm sending to the Analog Inputs on my Main out. However, this doesn't function with the SPDIF-Input. Is it possible to achieve that with the Studio 68?

Unfortunately no. Without being connected to the PC, there is no ability to clock the digital source. Technically, even though it works, using it as standalone as you are doing is not supported. Which really just means that you are on your own for troubleshooting.

Matt

S1Pro V5

6 posts
Page 1 of 1