FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
16 posts
Page 1 of 1
First, thanks to the product manager at NAMM for letting me know this was coming a couple days after we talked.
I have had FaderPort 8 since the week it was released. Using it with Pro Tools (HUI) had some hurdles in the beginning, but I stuck with it. This is the most ergonomic mixer I have ever used.
A firmware update in the fall of 2017 made it much nicer and fixed some of the issues I was having.
The new firmware 2.01 update is really amazing and I can fully recommend it to HUI users.
Now there is contrast and brightness control of the strip, the pan status permanently shows, and a big one for me - the strip now shows the fader level while you are touching the fader, the colors are nicer, bars and SMPTE show up better, and the biggest issue I had is now fixed - when I switched the faders to send mode before, it would always overwrite the fader level, too, so I was using my iPad mixer alongside the Faderport, and kept it in Flip (send mode), using the channel knob to scroll the tracks back and forth across the two surfaces. Now, I can write send information to my plug-in busses from the Faderport without it affecting the fader level of the channel.

Highly recommend this firmware update.
by TomTama on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:46 pm
I would really like to see the release notes for this update so I know what's been added, changed, fixed, etc.

2013 Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, TB2, 64GB RAM, Catalina 10.15.7, Dell 43" 4K Monitor, Luna Display, 2X Apollo x8, Apollo x8p, UAD OCTO TB3 Satellite, UAD QUAD TB3 Satellite, UAD V9.14.5, UA OX 1.2, Studio One 5.4, Dangerous Dbox+, Dangerous 2-Bus LT, MiniDSP w/Dirac 2.0, Behringer PowerPlay P16-M & P16-I, ATOM, SSL UF8, Akai Advance 49, Focal Twin 6be, Focal Sub6
by mikemanthei on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:52 am
Can I adjust the Q mixes with the new firmware yet, or is this still an afterthought?

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by sajjaadsaleem on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 am
I checked for the update and cannot find it. I will be extremely pissed if there are no plug in parameter banks for the update. In fact I will just return the thing. It is the most requested feature and I had a phone cal from a 3rd party Presonus instructor who assured me that the FP8 would receive continued support over a year ago. And since then I still have not seen any major updates but i have seen a more expensive product!!!
by themaartian on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:39 am
sajjaadsaleem wroteI checked for the update and cannot find it. I will be extremely pissed if there are no plug in parameter banks for the update. In fact I will just return the thing. It is the most requested feature and I had a phone cal from a 3rd party Presonus instructor who assured me that the FP8 would receive continued support over a year ago. And since then I still have not seen any major updates but i have seen a more expensive product!!!

I do like my FaderPort. It's old enough that I never expected any updates for it anyway.

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by lostsound69 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 pm
I need help in updating to 2.01. My (up to date) Universal Control does not see my FP8. I have read the tips on removing the FP8 in the audio/midi utility app (Mac) and I've tried every conceivable sequence with the same result. Universal Control sees my RM16AI and my CS18AI, but no Faderport 8 -- which is still on 1.10. Clearly I'm missing something. Please help.
by Bbd on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:36 pm
@lotssound69

You should put in a support ticket for your issue.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by anthonypearshouse on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:04 am
To all Win 10 users, I recommend rebooting before doing the update.
by araskutay1 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:27 am
Hi Guys , i just update my FP8 right now but there is something wrong i guess !! Cuz FP8 said waiting for host and im waiting 3 hours and still same !! what im gonna do ! :(
by klypeman on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:43 am
Try to start up SO3.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by araskutay1 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:47 am
klypeman wroteTry to start up SO3.

ı did . But still same ( Waiting For Host ) !! :(
by klypeman on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:06 am
Ok, try to restart your Faderport 8 and PC.
You are shure that you have the Universal Control 2.5.2 installed ?

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by araskutay1 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:39 pm
klypeman wroteOk, try to restart your Faderport 8 and PC.
You are shure that you have the Universal Control 2.5.2 installed ?

Ofcourse im sure the new versions are installed already . ( Faderport saying th same thing "Waiting for host") . What im gonna do . im so confused . :?:
by douglasdifranco on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:52 pm
Good and bad.

I had some flakiness install the update for Faderport 8 just now, I started writing a ticket and everything settled down. Had to upload the fw twice, I think I interrupted the process. Be patient, it takes some time. The problem is after it was done and I selected HUI and rebooted it took a little while to finally be recognized by the Universal Control software. And rebooted the Mac, 50% of the time I shut down the F8 it will freeze the system. I feel it's a usb problem.

Any way, now with 2.01 the display looks better, plugins handle better, and you can change between edit and mix windows...oops there's something funky controlling plug in parameters. Some parameters do not get adjusted over the full range, the fader only acts on a small centered section. I guess it's time to open a ticket!
by klypeman on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:35 pm
@araskutay1

You should put in a support ticket for your issue.

Forum Moderator.

by IndexJazz on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:50 am
"Waiting for host" happened to me, too. For some reason, the update disconnected F8 as an external device. Open Studio One > preferences > external devices > Faderport 8. Set "send to" & "receive from" to Faderport 8.

Studio 192 / DP88
Studio One 3.3.4, UC 2.0.1.42326
iMac Retina 5k 27" i7 quad 4GHz 32g RAM
OS Sierra 10.12.4

16 posts
Page 1 of 1