10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi There,

Title says it all, is the iTwo compatible Apple Camera Connection Kit?

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers
by matthewgorman on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:51 am
Yes it is. Nothing much to it other than plug and play.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by ben67 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:10 pm
Thanks for the reply, so what's the trick to getting it working?

- iPad 12W adapter plugged into the wall
- USB cable from the wall to the iTwo
- iPad Lightening cable from the iTwo to the Connection kit
- Connection kit plugged into the iPad

When using the Connection Kit, the iPad doesn't see the iTwo (iTwo blue light flickers).

If I remove the connection kit, the blue light turns solid and the iPad can see/use the iTwo.

What am I missing?

Cheers

- STUDIO ONE PRO 6.5.2
- FOCUSRITE CLARETT 8 Pre (Apple TB2 –> TB3 Adapter)
- OSX 13.6.3, 15" M2 MACBOOK PRO
by matthewgorman on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:12 pm
- USB cable from the wall to the iTwo

I think this. The usb cable from the iTwo should plug in to the camera kit.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by ben67 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:41 pm
OK so I purchased the iTwo because I thought it was designed for the iOS music universe but am now worried it's not.

I have an iPad, the iTwo, a MINILAB USB MIDI Keyboard and the Apple Connection Kit.

How do I connect those so I can control the iPad with the keyboard and get high quality audio out from the iTwo?

Does that make sense?

- STUDIO ONE PRO 6.5.2
by matthewgorman on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:18 pm
The iTwo is an MFI device, so it is for sure designed for this. However, I don't see anywhere on the Arturia website that the keyboard is designed for use with an ipad.

I may not have been clear in my previous response, but I don't know if that matters at this point. There are 2 usb connections on the back of the iTwo, one for power that would go to a wall wart. The other MFI port connects to the ipad via the camera connection kit.

I think your problem is that you need 2 usb connections via the camera kit, one for the iTwo, and one for the KB. I do not know if that is possible on an ipad, or if there is a dual usb port camera kit available. The iTwo accepts a midi connection using a traditional midi in/out plug, and there are adapters that take usb to midi i/o, but I don't know if your kb supports that. Thats a question for Arturia.

The last part of the question is does the software you are using on the ipad support all of this. Most apps and hardware configs that I have come across are really just scetchpad type applications. Work out some basic song structure, then transfer to a daw for finishing. Sounds like you are trying to get full studio production, and you may just be hitting a platform limit in trying to get functionality that the ipad doesn't have.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by ben67 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 pm
Thanks for the reply, comments below...

1. Arturia MINILab
I've been using the MiniLab with the iPad (via the connection kit) for months without issue, works with everything so far (I have a lot of apps).

2. iPad Sketchpad
That's kind of how I use the iPad, as a sketchpad and an instrument and record into my DAW.

3. The wrong device
Wrongly, I thought I could connect the Mac to the iTwo, the iPad to the MFI port, and it would:
- Allow the use of a MIDI controller via the connection kit
- Supply power to the iPad
- Record the iPad outputs into a DAW digitally

Wrong on all three counts, my fault!

I'm beginning to see there isn't a device that allows that workflow.

Cheers

- STUDIO ONE PRO 6.5.2
by matthewgorman on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:50 pm
3. The wrong device
Wrongly, I thought I could connect the Mac to the iTwo, the iPad to the MFI port, and it would:
- Allow the use of a MIDI controller via the connection kit
- Supply power to the iPad
- Record the iPad outputs into a DAW digitally

There's a mac in there too? Your problem is that you are trying to sync the iTwo to 2 separate pieces of hardware. Not sure that there is any studio interface that will do that.

What about hooking the keyboard up to the ipad as a controller, and the iTwo up to the mac with a daw running. Then take the headphone out of the ipad into the analog ins of the iTwo to record to the daw? It seems really convoluted, but may work.

But now I have to ask the question for my own curiosity. Why not just record to the mac if you have all this stuff hooked up together?

Matt

S1Pro V5
by cristofe on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:16 am
I think you're spot on there Matt. There are some interfaces that support multi client ASIO drivers....but all those do is allow you to use an interface with more than one app at the same machine. AFAIK there's no interface that allows simultaneous connections to more than one
machine.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by andersbostrom on Thu May 17, 2018 8:55 am
Plug the ipad into the Mac. In audio control panel enable ipad. Plug itwo into mac, keyboard into itwo.
In your daw, use itwo as audio/MIDI interface.
Use ipad as virtual instrument in the track

10 posts
Page 1 of 1