Requests or concerns about the forum itself.
Technical Support requests should be logged directly at http://support.presonus.com
28 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Hagrid wroteI would like to see a separate forums for Studio One V2 and V3 discussions. I would like to be able to ask questions related to V2 without people telling me I should upgrade or it works better or different in V3.

Thanks,

Rick

I like this idea. I'll see if we can get a V2 section up. I have a ton of V2 videos that could be helpful and even though Presonus no longer supports it, I still do. Good suggestion, thanx.

by johnnygeib2 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:56 pm
SwitchBack wroteI really like the Community Based Training initiative. Great place to find that one video explaining that one little thing you couldn't work out yourself.

Having said that, man, some of those video's are long-winded to a point where it defies the purpose. I'd love to see video's longer than say 5 minutes come with an index in the post.

Something like this:
00:00 Introduction
08:33 Explaining the problem
22:17 The Solution
31:41 The fast route, using shortcuts
32:15 Recap
36:20 Credits

Who says aye :)

I think this is a great idea however videos like that are usually sold and not given away. It takes time to do that kind of editing as where doing a 3 minute video, direct and to the point would work for what you're looking for.

If you need a quick, to the point video on any given subject, feel free to request it in the Discussion/Requests forum or simply PM me and I will try to fill that order.

Thanx for the suggestion.

by SwitchBack on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:13 am
themuzic wrote
SwitchBack wroteI really like the Community Based Training initiative. Great place to find that one video explaining that one little thing you couldn't work out yourself.

Having said that, man, some of those video's are long-winded to a point where it defies the purpose. I'd love to see video's longer than say 5 minutes come with an index in the post.

Something like this:
00:00 Introduction
08:33 Explaining the problem
22:17 The Solution
31:41 The fast route, using shortcuts
32:15 Recap
36:20 Credits

Who says aye :)

I think this is a great idea however videos like that are usually sold and not given away. It takes time to do that kind of editing as where doing a 3 minute video, direct and to the point would work for what you're looking for.

If you need a quick, to the point video on any given subject, feel free to request it in the Discussion/Requests forum or simply PM me and I will try to fill that order.

Thanx for the suggestion.
Yeah, well…
Probably not in general, but I do believe that at least part of the CBT video's are created 'ad lib'. A bit like: "Hey, this little technique is a good one for the forums." So you set up a camera and whatever you want to demonstrate, hit 'record' and start talking. And by the time you hit 'stop' you've done 27 minutes. In those cases it would help to go through that video, write down the intervals where new 'chapters' start, and post that info together with the video. It helps those who already know the problem and would like to skip to the solution :)
by DrummaMan on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:44 pm
I am still looking for the not-so-obvious "Subscribe to forum” link referred to in the FAQ...

The only one I see is when I comment (as on this post).

I do not see a way to subscribe after having already posted...

Personally, it would be much better to opt in - in your user profile.

Whether you start a thread, or add to one, you should have the option/checkbox in your user profile to subscribe when starting or simply commenting on a topic.

Thank you.

Add "Include Mix FX" Check Box when saving Custom FX Chains: https://answers.presonus.com/73924/save ... x-channels - THUMB IT UP!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows 10 Pro x64 running on a custom tower PC with ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II MOBO/ LGA 2066 Intel Core i9 X (12 Core), 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 (OS), 2TB M.2 (Sample Libraries) 2TB SSD for audio, 1TB Raptor Audio Backup, 4TB Storage/Backup Drive, (1) UAD2 Octo, (2) UAD2 Quad, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16e, Radeon RX 570 ROG Video Card
by SwitchBack on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:19 am
DrummaMan wroteI am still looking for the not-so-obvious "Subscribe to forum” link referred to in the FAQ...

The only one I see is when I comment (as on this post).

I do not see a way to subscribe after having already posted...

Personally, it would be much better to opt in - in your user profile.

Whether you start a thread, or add to one, you should have the option/checkbox in your user profile to subscribe when starting or simply commenting on a topic.

Thank you.
Odd, because for me it works just fine (automatic subscription to posts created or commented on).

The difference in experience may be because of the way you log out (or don’t). Probably the forum admin (posts viewed, commented, created) is done on logout. Next time make sure you log out, and wait for the log on page (with the code of conduct video) to reappear before closing your browser. My guess is that’ll fix it.
by DrummaMan on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:44 am
Odd, indeed.
Especially since I'm on both mobile and desktop and the same issue exists.

Hence my suggestion to make it a checkbox in the user profile.
Doing that would eliminate the need to click a subscribe button each time...

Thanks.

Add "Include Mix FX" Check Box when saving Custom FX Chains: https://answers.presonus.com/73924/save ... x-channels - THUMB IT UP!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows 10 Pro x64 running on a custom tower PC with ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II MOBO/ LGA 2066 Intel Core i9 X (12 Core), 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 (OS), 2TB M.2 (Sample Libraries) 2TB SSD for audio, 1TB Raptor Audio Backup, 4TB Storage/Backup Drive, (1) UAD2 Octo, (2) UAD2 Quad, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16e, Radeon RX 570 ROG Video Card
by darrenporter1 on Thu May 30, 2019 10:23 am
stonberg wrote
Bub wrote"Block Member" option.

+1

AKA 'Ignore User'.

Desperately needed...

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by orionbailey on Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:23 am
This one is huge to me and creates a lot of wasted time. Too often, i'm googling questions and find a forum link to the question or info i'm looking for. I then go to reply and am prompted to sign in, which is fine. But once signed in, it takes me to the general page and I've lost the forum thread I was interested in. Why not have the sign in process return you to the specific page or thread you were in prior to signing in?
Seems like it would not be too difficult, as that is what more other forums and sites do when I sign in with them.
Now... back to trying to find the thread I was reading and wanting to reply to prior to signing in.....ugh...

www.reverbnation.com/orionbailey
www.reverbnation.com/swilnation
www.swilnation.com
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5570 @ 2.93Ghz 2.93 GHz
24 GB Ram
Pro Tool 9

28 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2