52 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
I appreciate the suggestion, what I meant with my response was that I have tried that avenue and I have the latest Bluetooth drivers and the latest BIOS released for my Laptop (back in 2013)
by chrisharwood on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:16 pm
phew.... running Win10 home and all is ok after the 1709 update. Studio One opens just fine...and even my Sonar Platinum. Email too.... ha! I'll dig deeper some day....

12th gen Intel i9-12900k, 3.20-5.2 GHz, 32 gig DDR5 RAM at 4400 MHz, M.2 2tb SSD (2), NVIDIA rtx 3060ti 8 gig, external SSD, etc. Win11.
PreSonus : Studio One V5.x; Faderport 8, Atom, Steinberg UR44

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtG56H ... PKPbaG1_CQ
by matthiaskerl on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:58 pm
Got an automated Mail, my support ticket is closed. But nothing is solved. I don't know what's more annoying, the bug itself or the way it is handled?

Merry Christmas :?

Specs? What Specs? :reading: :roll:
Intel i5 2,7 ghz, AMD Radeon R7, 256 ssd, 1tb hdd, win 10 64, 32 mb ram, Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Studio One pro 3.5.6, Quadcapture
by PreAl on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:25 am
matthiaskerl wroteGot an automated Mail, my support ticket is closed. But nothing is solved. I don't know what's more annoying, the bug itself or the way it is handled?

Check my previous posts about configuring windows Pro update and backing up with Acronis true image. Merry Festivus to you 😀

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by matthewgorman on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:29 pm
matthiaskerl wroteGot an automated Mail, my support ticket is closed. But nothing is solved. I don't know what's more annoying, the bug itself or the way it is handled?

Do you have a ticket number? Tickets get auto closed after a period f no response from the user. Is it possible it went to a spam folder and you missed it?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by matthiaskerl on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:45 pm
matthewgorman wrote

Do you have a ticket number? Tickets get auto closed after a period f no response from the user. Is it possible it went to a spam folder and you missed it?

Hi,
yes I have a ticket number, I was in dialogue with a supporter. Asked me to do some things, offline procedure i.e., finally asked me for patience, I had nothing to respond, I'm just waiting. Spam Folder? No, I checked my Online account too, several times, it's closed. Marked as solved. But it isn't. A bit irritating, to be honest.

Merry Christmas

Specs? What Specs? :reading: :roll:
Intel i5 2,7 ghz, AMD Radeon R7, 256 ssd, 1tb hdd, win 10 64, 32 mb ram, Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Studio One pro 3.5.6, Quadcapture
by vincentmillar on Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:28 am
Still no developments on this ?

I would not mind using my Ilok to activate S1 and avoid this issue, if that could be a workaround...
by michaldoniec on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:34 am
LBH wroteThe point is, that after the Cretors Fall update, the activation suddenly is'nt remembered like it allways have done.
Every time i open my PC and try to run Studio One, then i have to run Studio Ones activation process, even if i have done it before. I can use the activation - but only untill next time i open my PC and Studio One. So Studio One is being activated, but the activation code apparantly is'nt remembered.

And as i wrote earlier (that apparantly has'nt been understood), then when i have used my 5 S1 activations, then i also need to remove activations from my Presonus account to be able to activate S1 again, as it's not possible to activate if you have 5 activation allready.

But off course the activation code shall be remembered, so i don't have to run the activation process every time i open my PC and S1. That's the issue to focus on. Why is'nt the code remembered when S1 has been activated, just like it did before the Windows 10 creators fall update?

All things and settings in Windows and security, firewall and everything else is off coarse the same that have worked before.

@Skaberverket. Not all are having this issue.

I PM you Skip.

I can tell i also have tried to run the S1 installer now. But the issue remain the same.

Hi, I have the same issue for sometime now.It's affecting people with Windows activated via digital license.

Unfortunately, the response from support wasn't useful. They advised to run Windows activation troubleshooter, which is only accessible after major hardware changes (e.g. chances are you won't have that option available at all) - this "advice" is smoke and mirrors and will do absolutely nothing for majority of people affected.

The other option was to create a separate, local Windows account not linked to any e-mail/Microsoft. Even if it worked (it doesn't), it's not very practical, especially for people who don't have dedicated S1 machine.

The issue is not resolved yet, which I find unacceptable. Windows Creator Update (notice the irony) did introduce some changes, but most licensing solutions which were affected were updated on day one or very shortly after. Not Studio One though and now some of us have to live with seriously flawed license system and support which tries to stall us.
by PreAl on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:21 am
^ I found myself having to update to the latest version of Windows 10 a couple of days ago to try and get a driver working (unrelated). FWIW I have no issues. The only difference I see is that I'm running Pro but I doubt that makes any difference.

I would temporarily uninstall or disable your virus scanner, maybe reinstall studio one to see if it makes any difference.

I assume you've logged into the Studio One website to check licensing status and that you are running 3.5.5.

Not sure what you mean by activated via digital license". Anyway all my licenses are activated through the internet and not offline.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by BobF on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:04 am
Lawrence wroteAs a general FYI ... you may want to avoid it for now as some who've updated have found that it (for them, maybe not everyone with it, no clue) continually invalidates the Studio One activation license, continually changes something that the license uses to identify the system, and they have to re-activate Studio One every time they restart the computer.

I tried to update to it on my laptop to test that, to see if it happened to me also, and see what fixes may or may not work, but the updated failed.

My primary DAW/desktop is stuck with update failures on the 1709 update.

I'm not finding much help online either. I have Pro, so it's paused until 3/6 ...

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by BobF on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:55 pm
BobF wrote
Lawrence wroteAs a general FYI ... you may want to avoid it for now as some who've updated have found that it (for them, maybe not everyone with it, no clue) continually invalidates the Studio One activation license, continually changes something that the license uses to identify the system, and they have to re-activate Studio One every time they restart the computer.

I tried to update to it on my laptop to test that, to see if it happened to me also, and see what fixes may or may not work, but the updated failed.

I'm not finding much help online either. I have Pro, so it's paused until 3/6 ...

I'm happy to report that going to the update site and performing the update directly was a success. And there are zero Studio One license problems.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by PreAl on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:43 am
BobF wrote

Things to try.

a) Sure you have enough disk space for downloads?
b) Completely delete Windows Update folder.
c) Delete Windows update folder:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/software- ... in-windows
d) Create a new user, log in as that user and run Windows update from there.

Ta.

EDIT - I see you fixed it, I'll keep this here anyway in case it helps others.

52 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3