Share your songs!
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all. It is me again. Feeling productive this week.
Here is a new song I wrote.

I could use some feedback on the guitar sounds since I'm not sure if I should upgrade my rig somehow. (new amp/amp sim etc.) Tell me your thoughts. Enjoy! :thumbup:

phpBB [video]

Gear list: Studio One 4, Focusrite Clarett, Ibanez guitars, Kiesel Vader 8, Hughes and Kettner Vortex amp, HP omen with GTX1060,Ryzen 7 and 16gb DDR4 ram
by Bacco on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:15 pm
Cool tunes dude! I'm a big fan of all those bands e.g Tesseract, Sky Harbor, Plini, Periphery, etc... sounds like you've got the tones/playing down. If you're ever interested in collaborating with a vocalist on a track PM me!

colangelomusic.com
by garryknight on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:20 pm
Your guitar playing always impresses me a lot. And what I appreciate most about this, not being a rock fan, is that you've made sure that the lead guitar is easy to hear and to follow in between the panned-out second guitars. And while the kick gives a satisfying thump that mixes well with the music, the snare sits on top of everything as if mixing were second-nature to you. Again, impressive.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by jpsbuk on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:33 pm
I don't think you need to upgrade anything .. this sounds spot on to me and as always the guitar playing is extraordinary. This piece has the feel of a backing track for a game of some sort, was that intended?

You often intersperse your 'rowdy rock' with really sweet quieter sections .. I'd love to hear a complete piece like that from you (my ears are too old to listen to too many screaming guitars :roll: )

Thanks for sharing.

Studio One 4.5.0 Professional
MacBook Pro (2018) 2.9GHz 7th Gen i7 Processor 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 560 4GB with Presonus Studio 24C
Mac 27" i5 with Presonus FireStudio Mobile
Akai LPK25, NI Komplete Kontrol S49 Mk2, Komplete 11, Nektar Impact GX49, NI Maschine Jam, NI Maschine Mikro, Faderport 1, Artiphon Instrument 1

http://soundcloud.com/busterbuk
http://busterbuk.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/BusterBuk/
by ilmariponkala on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:30 pm
jpsbuk wrote
You often intersperse your 'rowdy rock' with really sweet quieter sections .. I'd love to hear a complete piece like that from you (my ears are too old to listen to too many screaming guitars :roll: )

Thanks for sharing.

Well, I just might do that;) Thanks for the idea.

I'm glad to hear that the sounds are good :)

Gear list: Studio One 4, Focusrite Clarett, Ibanez guitars, Kiesel Vader 8, Hughes and Kettner Vortex amp, HP omen with GTX1060,Ryzen 7 and 16gb DDR4 ram
by Bbd on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:17 pm
Been late to these posts and sorry.
I think the overall mix is too bass heavy. Very cloudy around 90-250HZ IMO.
So less mud would be great.
For the guitars, it's hard to comment since you are using a flange effect. I think overall it's OK but maybe too thin overall. It is definitely a reduced frequency range that makes the mid-range too narrow. Again its IMO.

Are you using a sub-woofer to help show you your very bottom end?
I am going to bet not.
Always love your playing.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by ilmariponkala on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:10 pm
Bbd wroteBeen late to these posts and sorry.
I think the overall mix is too bass heavy. Very cloudy around 90-250HZ IMO.
So less mud would be great.
For the guitars, it's hard to comment since you are using a flange effect. I think overall it's OK but maybe too thin overall. It is definitely a reduced frequency range that makes the mid-range too narrow. Again its IMO.

Are you using a sub-woofer to help show you your very bottom end?
I am going to bet not.
Always love your playing.

I cleaned the bottom end quite a bit to the final release since I noticed the same things. Thanks a lot for the feedback as always. :thumbup:

7 posts
Page 1 of 1