6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Firestudio Project has 10 hardware 1/4" outs:
General Purpose Outputs: 1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8
MAIN Outputs: L/R

Studio One's Firestudio Project Song [b]template does not show General Outs 1 and 2.[/b]
It shows MAIN Out, and General Outs 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8. I'm connecting to all ten hardware Outs, so I need to assign ALL TEN Outs.

My hardware is connected as follows:
MAIN L/R > powered recording monitors
General 1/2 > basic 2.1 stereo speaker set
General 3/4 > reference speakers
General 5/6 > headphone cue amp 1
General 7/8 > headphone cue amp 2

How to I setup to use both the MAIN Outs and General Outs 1-2?
Thanks

Attachments
FS_outs.PNG
FSP Outs appearing in S1 Song Setup

Studio One Pro 4
AMD 6-core processor 3.20 GHz, 16GB ram
Windows 10 pro 64bit
by axxessdenied on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:46 am
The main out is your 1/2.
Just remember that 1/2 usually outputs the system sound.
If you double click the Main Out text in the properties window you have open there you can rename it to Out 1-2 to avoid confusion.

i7-7700k, Asus Z270-A, Windows 10 Pro, TI Chipset firewire controller, Firestudio Project w/ 6pin > 6pin cable ( Retired ), RME Babyface Pro, Studio One 3.5+, Softube Console 1, Faderport

Noise Implant - Auditory and Visual Stimulation
by Tom Overthere on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 am
Thanks for your reply, axxessdenied, but when I look at the connections on the rear of the FSP unit (see image below) I still have questions. There's a pair of 1/4" jacks for Main Out L and R, and there's a completely separate pair of 1/4" jacks for General Outs 1 and 2. So I'm pretty sure each pair can output unique stereo content.

I'll go back into the Song Setup > Outputs tab and add Out 1-2 to the left column. I'll route it to hardware Out 1 and Out 2, same as the left-column Main Out is routed. Then both my studio monitors and my basic 2.1 speakers will play back the main mix. This is how it'll look:

Main Out > Out 1 Out 2 (studio monitors)
Out 1-2 > Out 1 Out 2 (basic 2.1 speakers)
Out 3-4 > Out 3 Out 4 (reference monitors)
Out 5-6 > Out 5 Out 6 (headphone cue amp 1)
Out 7-8 > Out 7 Out 8 (headphone cue amp 2)

I'm sure this'll turn out to be a painfully simple matter, but IGNORANCE IS HELL. :mrgreen: I'm gettin' there.

Attachments
main+gen1-2.jpg
Note the Main Out pair AND ALSO the General Outs 1 and 2 pair

Studio One Pro 4
Windows 10 pro 64bit
by axxessdenied on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:39 am
I don't think it is possible to separate the main out from outputs 1-2. I could be wrong though. Skim though the manual.

i7-7700k, Asus Z270-A, Windows 10 Pro, TI Chipset firewire controller, Firestudio Project w/ 6pin > 6pin cable ( Retired ), RME Babyface Pro, Studio One 3.5+, Softube Console 1, Faderport

Noise Implant - Auditory and Visual Stimulation
by matthewgorman on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:55 am
You are correct. outs 1 and 2 are a mirror of the main, as are the HP outs on the front.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Tom Overthere on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:07 pm
Thanks axxessdenied and Matt. I appreciate the clarification before I crawl around rerouting my speakers and amps. And thanks for the Headphone Out clarification, too.

Main Outs and General Outs 1-2 being the same should be no problem as I want my studio monitors (on Main Outs) and my day-to-day working speakers (on Outs 1-2) both to playback the same main mix.

Sorry to have doubted you, axxessdenied.

Studio One Pro 4
Windows 10 pro 64bit

6 posts
Page 1 of 1