17 posts
Page 1 of 1
Seriously... can you guys get your stuff together?

I have the right cable.
I have the right firewire chipset.
I have the latest version of Universal Control installed that was released on Dec. 20, 2017.

The drivers don't seem to load properly into Windows half the time. Sometimes the unit works flawlessly. And, like right now... I can't open my DAW without any other app not being able to use my interface for sound. I can't open up the advanced options when I go to playback devices and properties for my firestudio project because it's not even there. Sometimes I can see it. That's when everything works beautifully.
Now, if I close my daw I don't get my system sound back.

I have to restart and unplug to try and get the device to resync. Or just restart my pc.

I'm thinking a better idea is to throw this unit in the trash and move on. Pretty unfortunate since it's a good unit when things work well. These issues are just getting in the way of my being productive. Productivity is the most valuable thing and anything that stands in the way is useless. So... what the hell do I do? I am NOT BUYING another cable. I've replaced those enough times already only for the same weird issues to persist.
I just want things to work. I can't see myself buying another Presonus interface if the drivers are not going to be up to par with the hardware.....

i7-7700k, Asus Z270-A, Windows 10 Pro, TI Chipset firewire controller, Firestudio Project w/ 6pin > 6pin cable ( Retired ), RME Babyface Pro, Studio One 3.5+, Softube Console 1, Faderport

Noise Implant - Auditory and Visual Stimulation
by axxessdenied on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 am
Here is what I get in the properties.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ap9wYDeGjliQg6ZXHZFOFV0MU5bUsA

No advanced panel is visible.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ap9wYDeGjliQg6ZYQRIa4RhSRIc46w

These are the latest drivers. I just checked against the release notes.

i7-7700k, Asus Z270-A, Windows 10 Pro, TI Chipset firewire controller, Firestudio Project w/ 6pin > 6pin cable ( Retired ), RME Babyface Pro, Studio One 3.5+, Softube Console 1, Faderport

by axxessdenied on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:34 am
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ap9wYDeGjliQg6ZZVs3NGWQLcOL9eQ
universal control acts like an application has control of it even though I don't have anything open.

by axxessdenied on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:58 am
Restarted.

Things are working as intended.

Except that now I have an insane amount of static and crackling on my inputs.

I had this problem before and it went away for a while. And, now it's back.

.... I just wanna make some music, man.

by axxessdenied on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:44 am
You know what... There is no point. I've gone from Windows 7 to 10 and it's been nothing but issues with the FSP. Time to retire this unit and give up on firewire completely in Windows 10 I think. I was up to 6:30 am last night and made zero progress lol. That's just money down the drain right there.

by matthewgorman on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 am
I have the right cable.
I have the latest version of Universal Control installed that was released on Dec. 20, 2017.

I can understand your frustration. We have all been there. But we need more detail to be able to help. I have helped many a user that told me they were on the most current version when they were not. The devil is in the details.

If you still want help, I need to ask that you list the actual version numbers, cable connections, firewire chip, OS processor info, etc etc.

FWIW, when working in a daw, it is by design that the daw takes total control of audio output. That behavior is normal and expected.

On the surface, your problem seems to be firewire related. That could be the card in the pc, the cable, or the jacks on the back of the FSP. Bear in mind, there are FW chips in the approved list that perform sporadically in certain environments.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Skip Jones on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:11 pm
To Matt's point regarding info. Click on the hyperlink in my signature to create a signature of your own that has specs.

Kind Regards,
Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by klypeman on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:49 pm
I know this don't help much but I run 2 FP´s on my Win 10 64 bit system and it IS working :thumbup:
Best thing for you to do if the forum community has any chance to help you will be to add your signature (system, brand of firewire card, cable type (4 pin,6 pin ?) ect. ect. then people in here have a much better understanding of your particular problem and hopefully able to help better ;)

Forum Moderator.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by Occam's Razor on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:47 pm
axxessdenied wrote

I'm thinking a better idea is to throw this unit in the trash and move on. Pretty unfortunate since it's a good unit when things work well. These issues are just getting in the way of my being productive. Productivity is the most valuable thing and anything that stands in the way is useless. So... what the hell do I do? I am NOT BUYING another cable. I've replaced those enough times already only for the same weird issues to persist.
I just want things to work. I can't see myself buying another Presonus interface if the drivers are not going to be up to par with the hardware.....

I know, I posted an extremely detailed thread of what I have done and tried to get this stupid thing working, and I got nothing.
The best I have right now is my FSP works, but all the options in the Launcher are greyed out, and the Launcher does NOT detect my new OHcCI card, but the newest version of the OCHI Tool DOES.

I've written to Presonus Tech Support telling them in my very first Sentence that I own a Presonus Firestudio Project 10x10, and Tech support replied telling me they don't support the Firestudio 26x26

They can't even be arsed to read my tech question, asnd instead respond telling me an entirely different model than the one I asked about is not supported.

My thread compiled each and every troubleshooting step that I pieced together throughout the forums and still no luck, I guess I'll have to live with the semi-functioning drivers and Launcher.

This is definitely my first and last Presonus Purchase though.
by axxessdenied on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:08 am
matthewgorman wrote
I have the right cable.

I can understand your frustration. We have all been there. But we need more detail to be able to help. I have helped many a user that told me they were on the most current version when they were not. The devil is in the details.

If you still want help, I need to ask that you list the actual version numbers, cable connections, firewire chip, OS processor info, etc etc.

FWIW, when working in a daw, it is by design that the daw takes total control of audio output. That behavior is normal and expected.

On the surface, your problem seems to be firewire related. That could be the card in the pc, the cable, or the jacks on the back of the FSP. Bear in mind, there are FW chips in the approved list that perform sporadically in certain environments.
I traded in two guitars for an RME Babyface Pro and have zero issues now. I'm pretty sure Windows 10 doesn't have the proper driver support anymore for legacy firewire drivers. You can't even install the old legacy drivers in the current version of windows.

by klypeman on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:40 am
Let's stay on facts. I got two Firestudio Projects up and running right in front of me.
Win 10 64bit Home.
If you look in this thread, you will see a link how to add your signatur.
As it is now it sounds as you are guessing and that is not good for anyone.

Forum Moderator.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by axxessdenied on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:15 pm
The Babyface Pro I got works much better than the firestudio was for me. So, I am not going to bother troubleshooting anymore. I've been through multiple PCs all the way from Windows 7 to 10 with the FSP and it's always had intermittent issues. Not really interested in putting anymore time into troubleshooting what should be working after trying different firewire chipsets and cables and not being able to come to some kind of long-term resolution.

by paulpearson1 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:28 am
Anyone help me get my Device Manager to actually see my FSP unit.
I cannot get it to sync.
Latest UC just shows Driver Version 0.0.0.0
(I believe this should reflect the driver for the FSP in Device manager)

I just cannot get a blue light....
Details in sig

Any help GREATLY appreciated!!

Tanks,
Paul.

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G41
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
FireWire card: StarTech PEX1394B3
Interface: PreSonus FireStudio Project
Cable: 6-pin to 6-pin
by klypeman on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:40 pm

Forum Moderator.

by paulpearson1 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:56 am
I have tried this multiple times.
Switching the 1394 driver from the LSI version to the (Legacy) version.

It (FSP) just will not show up in device manager.

Universal Control opens and shows driver version 0.0.0.0
I have seen a screenshot that someone provided on the facebook page for presonus and when device manager sees the FSP it has a driver assigned which is reflected on the UC panel (instead of 0.0.0.0)

I have 2 FireStudio project units.
One which has been sent back for out of warranty repair and is now confirmed as a working unit.
But it will not sync.

So I have 2 units that I cannot use.
No music creation for me. :(

by klypeman on Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:04 am
@
paulpearson1 wroteI have tried this multiple times.
Switching the 1394 driver from the LSI version to the (Legacy) version.

It (FSP) just will not show up in device manager.

Universal Control opens and shows driver version 0.0.0.0
I have seen a screenshot that someone provided on the facebook page for presonus and when device manager sees the FSP it has a driver assigned which is reflected on the UC panel (instead of 0.0.0.0)

I have 2 FireStudio project units.
One which has been sent back for out of warranty repair and is now confirmed as a working unit.
But it will not sync.

So I have 2 units that I cannot use.
No music creation for me. :(

Have you tried to switch to spdif as sync and back in UC, and what version of UC are you using ?

Forum Moderator.

by paulpearson1 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:54 am
How do I switch to spdif?
And I am using the latest version of UC as shown on my product page in my presonus account.
Version 1.7.6 (5884)

Thanks

17 posts
Page 1 of 1