Requests or concerns about the forum itself.
Technical Support requests should be logged directly at http://support.presonus.com
15 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I understand the reasoning for the new forum but you can have the best of both worlds. I assume the old forum as well as the new are PHP based with a MySQL database.

When I worked at Vonage, we would take an old database with millions of records, insert new fields if necessary or visa-versa then merge the databases together then have all old records retained. Why isn't the forum team doing that.

There is so much information in the old forum that, even if you don't shut it down, people will not use because they don't want to search separately in both places. There should be an easy way to export the database and merge it into the new one.

Steve

---------------Steve The Musicman----------------

Dell Optiplex 780 i5 16 gig ram, dual monitor, Sonar X3, Sibelius 7, Studio One Pro, Garritan JABB, GPO COMB Instant Orchestra, MidiQuest 11. AudioBox One, StudioLive 24AI, fader port, Lynx II, Roland JV-1080, 2080, 1010. Alesis QSR, DM Pro, Nano piano. Yamaha Motif RX, Vl70m/w Patchman rom
MidiMan 8x8, 4X4, 4X2. Studio Logic 900, Oxygen 25, Finger Trigger, Eventide reverb, DBX 166A, Line 6 Bass pod, Event 20/20 BAS. Ovation Adamas 1597, Fender active jazz bass, Epiphone 335 dot (Red of course). Yamaha wx5 and AKAI EWI 4000S wind controllers.
by mwright137 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:10 pm
Long story short: They will not be merged.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Shambolic on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:50 am
And therein is a problem I am already hitting, especially as the studio One manual is rather sparsely indexed. Some really straightforward points I have looked for in the manual find no reference. So I go off to google and often it is found on the forum. Now nada. As a new user, things have got even more difficult. I would suggest improvement of the info base is the best policy.
by mwright137 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:13 am
We have already logged a request to try to help links to the old forum from Google and even links from within the old forum to work again. Stay tuned...

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by FinalSaga on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:17 am
Hey Steve

How about a search through the old forum on this one aswell
Just a search option perhaps
If nothing else I think that would be an idea
That I think should be a simple thing to do
At least one could go directly without going archived first and still keep (kinda)
some of the old in
I think that is something one could put forward as a request

Ch33rs
Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

:)
by FinalSaga on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:18 am
Oi MWright

We posted the same time there I think
heheh Staying tuned ;)

Ch33rs Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

:)
by mwright137 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:27 am
For an interim workaround, any time you see an old forum link as a search result, copy the forum URL (forums.presonus.com/...) and add "archive" to make it read forumsarchive.presonus.com/... and you'll get to your desired page.

My Website
by db on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:27 am
mwright137 wroteFor an interim workaround, any time you see an old forum link as a search result, copy the forum URL (forums.presonus.com/...) and add "archive" to make it read forumsarchive.presonus.com/... and you'll get to your desired page.

Nice tip thanks. :)

House | Dubstep by Thedmncproject

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by mwright137 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:29 am
That's what we're here for, despite what the rumor mills say... ;-)

My Website
by Kiwicomposer on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Yeah Melvis likes to get a good tip occasionally.
(and US$ preferably lol)

And occasionally even gives a good one!! :mrgreen:

[Edit: Typo - Corrected the name] :ugeek:

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

by mwright137 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:54 pm
Melvin???

My Website
by Kiwicomposer on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:02 pm
:oops: :lol: :P

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

by talanarney on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:45 am
I posted this in the other thread:

Install Switcheroo: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/switcheroo-redirector/cnmciclhnghalnpfhhleggldniplelbg/related

Change forums.presonus.com to forumsarchive.presonus.com

Have fun googling through the old forums. Just untick the rule to browse the new ones.
by Scoox on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:18 am
So basically anyone who cannot be bothered with workarounds, or anyone who's new to the forums, is just going to post the same old already-answered questions all over again in the new forum? I don't know... Plus the old forum contains huge amounts of valuable, timeless info, e.g. mixing tips or whatever.

If you look at the old forum stats you can see that most of the activity revolves around Studio One so IMO the logical thing to do would have been to launch the new forum and Studio One 3 simultaneously. Now we are going to have v2 straddling the two forums forever.

Windows 10 64-bit Professional
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32 GB RAM
Studio One 3.3.1.39379 Win x64
by mwright137 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:57 pm
The forum is for all PreSonus products, not just Studio One.

My Website

15 posts
Page 1 of 1