Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,

Thanks so much in advance for any help or advice you can provide with this issue. I'm currently having some connectivity/clock related issues with my Studio 192. I'll provide some background:

I have my 192 and 88 connected to my Mac, and have been using it for the past year and change with no issues in both Logic and Pro Tools. Out of the Blue, firing it up the other day, I had no audio passing through to my Central Station. A few simple re-boots didn't do the trick, so I did an update of Universal Control, Firmware, Pro Tools, all with no results. I also removed UC software and re-installed, tried disconnecting the 88, tried different USB cables, etc. All the standard fixes I could find. No luck. I'm stuck getting a red/blue flashing light, then straight red. Sad times.

Googling around, most articles seemed to reference solving the problem through UC "Surface". However, I don't see a way to download this via the App Store to my Mac (am I missing something there?) -- either way, I was able to download Surface on my iPad, and it does detect the device, but I'm not able to get past the initial screen to take any action. I'm basically stuck looking at an icon of the 192.

Some more clues: the new version of Universal Control on my Mac doesn't seem to be fully connected to the unit (screen shots attached). The old version would provide a way to change the clock source on launch. This version either doesn't provide that, or can't provide that with the error(s) I'm experiencing. So I'm basically seeing my 192 as connected, sort of...? It's pretty weird.

I'm also getting a pretty complex/deep Pro Tools error referring some specific files/pathing issues. Pro Tools fires up fine when NOT connected to the 192. And although it's partially recognizing the device, it's not able to connect to the I/O's successfully. Logic seems to only see the unit as MIDI i/o's strangely enough.

The crux of the issue seems to be clock related, but I can't find anyway to access the clock settings to change them. The DP88 is syncing correctly, with blue lights present. It's the 192 which is flashing red/blue, then going all red. Gah!

Oh I also tried rebooting in "Load" mode, no luck there.

Anyone have any tricks they can provide, or guidance on the differences of UC, UC Surface, etc?

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 12.59.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 1.06.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 1.02.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 1.00.00 PM.png
by musicchamber on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:46 am
Universal Control can be downloaded from your Presonus account. Go to 'My Products' - 'Hardware" click on Presonus 192 then you will see a link to download the latest version of Universal Control.

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by johancarlsson2 on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:45 am
Hey!

I have the same issue now. Seems to have happened after upgrading to OS Catalina.
Presonus support takes some time to answer and I am starting to get stressed. Did you find a solution for this issue?
by Deech on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:27 pm
Have you solved this problem? I'm having pretty much the exact same issues with my mid-2012 MBP.

It will run on a drive with High Sierra, but not on Mojave (anymore-it did till two days ago)

My backstory-

Everything has been perfect for a couple years. I always default to "Internal" when UC pops up. A couple months ago I tried ADAT instead because I was troubleshooting something and was experimenting. It solved the problem. Since then have still been using Internal and the other night when I ran across the same problem, same channel...a faint "tapping with fading echo..." This is heard on the recording and distorts the sound a little bit. I didn't change to ADAT because my whole session of 10 drum mics were already recorded through the Internal setting.

So tried another session a couple days ago using one mic, same channel...mic not picking up my voice correctly. Started new session using ADAT. Nothing. Noticed 88 was on Internal Clock not External Synch as usual. Tried changing it back and that's when all hell broke loose. Haven't been able to get anything back to normal since then. Waiting for Presonus for 2.5 days.

I've un/reinstalled more times than I wish I had to. Like I said, this works no problem with High Sierra. I also get the 192 blue light as soon as I plug it into my iMac running Catalina. Although UC is outdated for that system, the blue light goes on.

So, I've done everything I possibly could. Back tot he original question-anyone find a solution??

Hoping...

Thanks guys,

Chris

Macbook Pro 16 GB Ram, Presonus 16.4.2, Studio One 2.6.3, Sennheiser 602 mics for toms-Audi Technica for snare-Beta 52 for bd-Various overhead/room mics, DW drums, Sabian-Zildjian-Paiste Cymbals, Zildjian Anti Vibe Sticks

4 posts
Page 1 of 1