61 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
1) If you have turbo features on your motherboard BIOS turn it off (such as hyperthreading). Also try turning off "high performance power".- Been There, Done it

2) In Windows power saving advanced you will see CPU min/max. Make sure these are on 100%.- Been There, Done it

3) Update your display and audio drivers..- Been There, Done it

4) Consider updating motherboard BIOS.- Been There, Done it

5) Make sure your antivirus excludes DAW processes and files (do not disable).-Disabled antivirus

6) Goto Intel driver update website (or AMD equivalent)..- Been There, Done it

7) Turn off windows non essential services.- Been There, Done it

8) Turn off non essential startup processes..- Been There, Done it

9) Try to rule out the issue on a per project basis? Do you have a poorly behaved plugin for instance? (Do things return to normal if you remove a plugin?). -tried it using only preSonus plugins, and still experiencing dropouts.

Reverted back to version 3.5.2 and audio dropout problem does not exist. Leads me to believe it's Stdio One V3.5.4 related, but then again I may be wrong
by PreAl on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:28 pm
teqnotic wrote1) If you have turbo features on your motherboard BIOS turn it off (such as hyperthreading). Also try turning off "high performance power".- Been There, Done it

2) In Windows power saving advanced you will see CPU min/max. Make sure these are on 100%.- Been There, Done it

5) Make sure your antivirus excludes DAW processes and files (do not disable).-Disabled antivirus

9) Try to rule out the issue on a per project basis? Do you have a poorly behaved plugin for instance? (Do things return to normal if you remove a plugin?). -tried it using only preSonus plugins, and still experiencing dropouts.

Reverted back to version 3.5.2 and audio dropout problem does not exist. Leads me to believe it's Stdio One V3.5.4 related, but then again I may be wrong

If you've done all this you need to troubleshoot with process monitor and latencymon next as I stated. Post screenshots of your DPC etc. And as I said earlier there are various Geforce optimizations to do to improve latency but I won't post them in this thread as we will go wildly off topic (hence my suggestion to post this in a new thread). You could also google for them.

That will rule out any issue with your system.
Right now I don't experience any performance or dropout issues with 3.5.4 on an ancient PC with a Saffire Pro 40.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by garyanderson5 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:14 pm
Not sure if you have this option but XMP mode is a nightmare for dropouts with some RAM modules. Default ram speeds meaning auto detect seem to fix the problem for people. Default your bios, disable what you usualy disable, leave your CPU and RAM on auto. Sorry if this was no help. Good luck :)

PS. Your ram may run slower than its advertised speed so you may get a slight drop to 2133 for example but its negligible in DAW land.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by garyanderson5 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:26 pm
Out of curiosity is right click edit knob in the channel editor macro the only way to jump the automation lane into the track. Just the little hand drag and drop wont work. Is this normal or have I found a bug?

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by niles on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:33 pm
garyanderson5 wroteOut of curiosity is right click edit knob in the channel editor macro the only way to jump the automation lane into the track. Just the little hand drag and drop wont work. Is this normal or have I found a bug?
There's no way you can create an automation track for a Channel Macro control (like it can be done for an Multi Instrument Macro control). RMB will create a Macro track for each attached parameter, not the Macro knob itself. It's not a bug, it's a design flop.

A FR for a Macro control to be an actual macro control is here: Extended Macro Control usability (dedicated automation per Macro Control)).

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by Skaperverket on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:52 pm
Has anyone noticed any inconsistencies with pre roll/pre count when recording multiple takes onto a track? I was recording a vocalist today and saw some unexpected behavior where recording audio at times would start right after pressing record (on my Faderport) even if pre roll/pre count was visually activated (highlighted red symbol in the transport bar). Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thanks.
by garyanderson5 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 pm
niles wrote
garyanderson5 wroteOut of curiosity is right click edit knob in the channel editor macro the only way to jump the automation lane into the track. Just the little hand drag and drop wont work. Is this normal or have I found a bug?
There's no way you can create an automation track for a Channel Macro control (like it can be done for an Multi Instrument Macro control). RMB will create a Macro track for each attached parameter, not the Macro knob itself. It's not a bug, it's a design flop.

A FR for a Macro control to be an actual macro control is here: Extended Macro Control usability (dedicated automation per Macro Control)).

Ahh cheers bro I wasn't sure hence me asking. Seems this could be a future update fingers crossed :)

by teqnotic on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:30 pm
garyanderson5 wroteNot sure if you have this option but XMP mode is a nightmare for dropouts with some RAM modules. Default ram speeds meaning auto detect seem to fix the problem for people. Default your bios, disable what you usualy disable, leave your CPU and RAM on auto. Sorry if this was no help. Good luck :)

PS. Your ram may run slower than its advertised speed so you may get a slight drop to 2133 for example but its negligible in DAW land.

Thanks for the suggestion Gary. I did have XMP enabled. I went ahead and disabled it and yes my RAM speed did drop to 2133Mhz, as well as the Command Rate (CR) going from 1T to 2T. So far 1 dropout error has occurred within a 15min time frame. I need to run Studio One for a longer period of time before I come to a conclusion.

Also I have been analyzing with LatencyMon and Process Monitor after making changes as well. LatencyMon reports the highest DPC routine execution time averages around 370 μs by wdf01000.sys which is still suitable and should not contribute to audio dropouts
S1_3_5_4_Error.jpg
RME Fireface Error
by PreAl on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:54 pm
Ok I guess then this is your troubleshooting thread now.

Can you please send a screenshot of LatencyMon showing the drivers tab, and entries by order of DPC (largest at top). Thx.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jpettit on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 pm
teqnotic wrote1) If you have turbo features on your motherboard BIOS turn it off (such as hyperthreading). Also try turning off "high performance power".- Been There, Done it

@teqnotic can you please start a new thread about 3.5.4 dropout issues so more people can get more detailed with you?
We will merge these last few posts with your new thread.
Thanks

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by garyanderson5 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:49 am
teqnotic wrote
garyanderson5 wroteNot sure if you have this option but XMP mode is a nightmare for dropouts with some RAM modules. Default ram speeds meaning auto detect seem to fix the problem for people. Default your bios, disable what you usualy disable, leave your CPU and RAM on auto. Sorry if this was no help. Good luck :)

Thanks for the suggestion Gary. I did have XMP enabled. I went ahead and disabled it and yes my RAM speed did drop to 2133Mhz, as well as the Command Rate (CR) going from 1T to 2T. So far 1 dropout error has occurred within a 15min time frame. I need to run Studio One for a longer period of time before I come to a conclusion.

Also I have been analyzing with LatencyMon and Process Monitor after making changes as well. LatencyMon reports the highest DPC routine execution time averages around 370 μs by wdf01000.sys which is still suitable and should not contribute to audio dropouts
S1_3_5_4_Error.jpg

Glad your getting somewhere.

I had the same issue with corsair ram I tried entering the timings manually as well as XMP mode enabled and it just gave me constant dropouts on anything audio related. I used auto in the end and it worked. I still have my CPU OC to 4.5 just the dam XMP mode refuses to work. Its a common issue with my board apparently. I put it down to my Z170 board hates my ram, I may have better luck with another brand but to be honest its dropped from 2666 to 2133 so its not even worth it really and my system is rock solid so I don't want to mess with it again :(

It sounds like your ram is been awkward as its more stable with slacker timings. I did a bios update but unfortunately it made no difference for me but you might have better luck if there is an update.

If your getting better results now maby a few more tweaks in windows and the bios may fix it. It seems like your on the right track, sorry I am not upto date on AMD so not much help :)

by teqnotic on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:27 pm
garyanderson5 wrote

I had the same issue with corsair ram I tried entering the timings manually as well as XMP mode enabled and it just gave me constant dropouts on anything audio related. I used auto in the end and it worked. I still have my CPU OC to 4.5 just the dam XMP mode refuses to work. Its a common issue with my board apparently. I put it down to my Z170 board hates my ram, I may have better luck with another brand but to be honest its dropped from 2666 to 2133 so its not even worth it really and my system is rock solid so I don't want to mess with it again :(

It sounds like your ram is been awkward as its more stable with slacker timings. I did a bios update but unfortunately it made no difference for me but you might have better luck if there is an update.

If your getting better results now maby a few more tweaks in windows and the bios may fix it. It seems like your on the right track, sorry I am not upto date on AMD so not much help :)

Absolutely right Gary- After setting my BIOS RAM settings to Auto, I have been running Studio One V3.5.4 all day long without experiencing dropouts. Although my RAM, Corsair Vengeance 64Gb (4 X 16GB) is listed as 2666Mhz, it is running at 2133Mhz and a CR of 2T instead of 1T. I really don't notice a difference in performance anyway, so I'm OK with this for now. I'm sure a future AMD BIOS update will fix the RAM timing issues.

Also if anyone has a similar setup using an RME Firewire device, I have my Firewire PCIe card running stable with the current Texas Instruments 1394 OPHCI driver 10.0.16299.15. My RME device seems to work best for me with a Buffer Size of 256 samples and Studio One set for Blue Z and Green Z for VSTi.

Hope this is helpful to other Studio One V3.5 users running on an AMD Ryzen CPU
by garyanderson5 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:15 am
teqnotic wrote
garyanderson5 wrote

Absolutely right Gary- After setting my BIOS RAM settings to Auto, I have been running Studio One V3.5.4 all day long without experiencing dropouts. Although my RAM, Corsair Vengeance 64Gb (4 X 16GB) is listed as 2666Mhz, it is running at 2133Mhz and a CR of 2T instead of 1T. I really don't notice a difference in performance anyway, so I'm OK with this for now. I'm sure a future AMD BIOS update will fix the RAM timing issues.

Also if anyone has a similar setup using an RME Firewire device, I have my Firewire PCIe card running stable with the current Texas Instruments 1394 OPHCI driver 10.0.16299.15. My RME device seems to work best for me with a Buffer Size of 256 samples and Studio One set for Blue Z and Green Z for VSTi.

Hope this is helpful to other Studio One V3.5 users running on an AMD Ryzen CPU

Happy Days :thumbup: :thumbup:

by rotoboy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 am
Hello,
Do you know if S1 is able to fully exploit the power of new Imac pros? I mean, is there an advantage to buy 10, 14 or 18 cores versions?

Mac Pro 2019 3,2ghz Xeon 16 cores
96Go Ram
10,15,7 Catalina
by musicchamber on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:58 am
rotoboy wroteHello,
Do you know if S1 is able to fully exploit the power of new Imac pros? I mean, is there an advantage to buy 10, 14 or 18 cores versions?

Yeah,I would like to know this as well. Holding on before buying one. Some news from Presonus would be good. Logic Pro x is optimised for it apparently.

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by Skaperverket on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:49 am
musicchamber wrote
rotoboy wroteHello,

Yeah, I would like to know this as well. Holding on before buying one. Some news from Presonus would be good. Logic Pro x is optimised for it apparently.

I'm also interested in this.

I did contact Presonus support about something similar a few months ago (the essential question being something like "is Studio One capable of taking advantage of CPUs with f.i. 22 cores/44 threads?"). The short answer I got was that to their knowledge there was no limitation of how many cores could be utilized.

I might be wrong, but I did not get the impression that anything like this was tested (possibly because it would be expensive for the developers to buy such a machine and because the number of customers with such machines is small).
by rotoboy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:22 am
Skaperverket wrote
musicchamber wrote
rotoboy wroteHello,

Yeah, I would like to know this as well. Holding on before buying one. Some news from Presonus would be good. Logic Pro x is optimised for it apparently.

I'm also interested in this.

I did contact Presonus support about something similar a few months ago (the essential question being something like "is Studio One capable of taking advantage of CPUs with f.i. 22 cores/44 threads?"). The short answer I got was that to their knowledge there was no limitation of how many cores could be utilized.

I might be wrong, but I did not get the impression that anything like this was tested (possibly because it would be expensive for the developers to buy such a machine and because the number of customers with such machines is small).

Well... I do not expect they have tested a $10 000 computer, but at least a theorical answer would be Ok. I hope they're able to know if their code can do that. :|

Mac Pro 2019 3,2ghz Xeon 16 cores
96Go Ram
10,15,7 Catalina
by musicchamber on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:50 am
Not music advice offered from Presonus support, the only thing they pointed me to was the system requirements for Studio One Pro, and to use the forums etc.

I asked for advice about what would be best configuration for iMac Pro 8, 10, 14 and 18 cores, and also asked the question if Studio One Pro was optimised to take advantage of the extra cores.

Pretty lame tbh, surely the developers would know what would work best for Studio One Pro.

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by jpettit on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:14 am
rotoboy wroteHello,

Studio One take advantage of all cores. There are limits to the number of cores for a given OS but it is greater than what you are concerned with.
There is nothing you can do to influence it under the hood other than avoiding stacking many plugins on one channel. In general think about it this way: one thread per audio channel.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by sheriffen on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:57 am
Hi. On my Studio One 3. Can anyone tell me how to change IN CH. 1. from Stereo to Mono. ( I/O )

I like to use ch.1 - to ch 1. - ch.2 - to ch 2. and so on.

alf

I have Studiolive 32 III.
and Studio One 3.

61 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4