Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Dear community

I recently bought a new Macbook Pro, 15 Inch, 2017 model, running High Sierra.

I have a Quantum 1. It connects fine to the thunderbolt port in my 2012 macbook running High Sierra.

As I am sure many of you know, the new Macbook Pros only have USBc ports. You can get a thunderbolt - usbc adapter, but it just does not seem to work (and this is also reflected in review comments on the apple site). Universal Control just does not recognise Quantum.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know a work around, or a better adapter than Apple's shitty one?

Many thanks
Alex
by jpettit on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:49 am
USB-C is TB3.
You need a TB3 to TB2 converter.
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMEL ... -2-adapter

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by vanhuebner on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:27 pm
Lambinate wroteDear community

I recently bought a new Macbook Pro, 15 Inch, 2017 model, running High Sierra.

I have a Quantum 1. It connects fine to the thunderbolt port in my 2012 macbook running High Sierra.

As I am sure many of you know, the new Macbook Pros only have USBc ports. You can get a thunderbolt - usbc adapter, but it just does not seem to work (and this is also reflected in review comments on the apple site). Universal Control just does not recognise Quantum.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know a work around, or a better adapter than Apple's shitty one?

Many thanks
Alex

Im having pretty much the same issues. Totally disappointed w this Quantum2 (or my High Sierra upgrade.) Ive got plenty gigs of space & hrtz & the latest StudioOne pro update (the driver for the quantum shows up when starting a new song... yet my mac refuses to refuses to recognize it via my thunderbolt 2 port and gets stuck on internal mic and speaker. Very frustrated!
by scissorkicks on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:50 am
I'm very interested in the Quantum, for use with my USB-C / TB3 Macbook Pro. Can you guys who have had problems confirm that you're using a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor?
by jpettit on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:23 am
If any is having a problem create a support ticket ASAP.
USB c - TB2 converters have been tested and certified. Search the knowledge base.
I have been using StarTech for six month without an issue.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by TheDonnerParty on Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:28 am
Can anyone confirm their Quantum is working well with the 2017 MBP with thunderbolt 3 ports? I was just about to buy one and use the Apple adapter and this is making me worry about it.

Studio One Pro 5.4
2018 Mac Mini
i7 3.2gz 6 Core
20GB RAM
MacOS 11.6.1 Big Sur
SSL2 Interface (Home)
Presonus Quantum Interface (Studio)

www.sound-authentic.com
by jpettit on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:59 pm
It should but send a post to Presonus pre-sales.

You will need a TB3 - TB 2 converter cable.

by timschlattmann on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:34 am
Same issue here... bought a new Quantum(1) and connected it with the Startech TB3 to TB2 Adapter (recommended by presonus)... and a original apple TB2 cable.
I tried all ports, but the Quantum isn't displayed in Universal Control.
I do see the Quantum, if I look into my Mac System control.
...but it´s still not working...

Support-Ticket written.... no answer till now.
(but I wrote it not a long time ago)

has anyone a solution proposal?
by timschlattmann on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm
My Problem is solved....

First: You have to take a Thunderbolt-Cable (NOT a MINI-DISPLAYPORT-CABLE)
Then: You have to use a Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter from Startech.com

And: If you install UniversalControl (on HighSierra 10.13.3) you hav to allow the installer to change third-party kernel extensions... (in the apple Security & Privacy window)

here some details:
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -OSX-10-13

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... derbolt-3-

after that the Quantum works fine on my MacBook Pro (2017) on HighSierra over USB-C..

many thanks to the Support!

9 posts
Page 1 of 1