32 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Well I have a project almost totally finished. the skipped notes are actually stopping me from finishing. This is still not fixed, not sure why someone said it is.
by atsmusic on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:53 pm
How do I revert back to older one? I need to finish this project.
by jpettit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:47 pm
jih64 wroteThe issue occurs for me not starting at zero, plays fine until it loops, then the skipping begins.

This is my concern.
Try loop starting at zero vs looping starting at say bar 3.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by sirmonkey on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 pm
What happens if you pull the looped section into a new track? Do notes still skip?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by jih64 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:27 pm
jpettit wrote
jih64 wroteThe issue occurs for me not starting at zero, plays fine until it loops, then the skipping begins.

This is my concern.

Same thing, skipping starts as soon as it starts to loop. As I mentioned in my thread a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't get it to happen in any projects that were created in previous versions

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=151867#p151867

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown
by jih64 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:28 pm
sirmonkey wroteWhat happens if you pull the looped section into a new track? Do notes still skip?

Same thing.

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown
by Jemusic on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:34 pm
Can you give us some more info. I am assuming you are using a virtual instrument. If so which one? Which preset? Can you upload a shot of the midi event open in the piano roll editor. Is the midi event polyphonic or monophonic?

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by jih64 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:00 pm
BFD3, it's in the link in my post above.

I just had a mess around with 3.5.2 again (went back to using 3.5.1 when this issue became apparent) I usually leave my buffers set at 128 while tracking etc, never had an issue. When the drop out protection feature thingy came in I set it to medium (512) but still had my audio interface at 128, never had a problem. Just now I had a thought and fired up 3.5.2 and changed the dropout protection setting to Maximum (2048) with audio interface still at 128, there were no issues at all in the time I experimented. Still something must have changed to make it different than it was previously in 3.5.1

- unknown
by jpettit on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:02 am
jih64 wrote
jpettit wrote

This is my concern.

Same thing, skipping starts as soon as it starts to loop. As I mentioned in my thread a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't get it to happen in any projects that were created in previous versions

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=151867#p151867

Like I said the developers said it had to do with starting from zero, but you lead me to believe it has more to it.

So it only occurred the song was started in 3.5.2 and then only in a loop?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jih64 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:25 am
That's correct, I couldn't get it to happen in any project that was started in a version prior to 3.5.2. And it definitely occurs whether you start from zero or any other position in my tests anyway. You can copy paste a section on to the end until the cows come home and it will play fine all the way through, as soon as you loop a section the note skipping begins as soon as the first loop starts..

- unknown
by Skaperverket on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:28 am
jpettit wroteThe issue that was addressed only occurred if you started at zero.

See if it occurs if not starting at zero.

Thanks, jpettit.

I tried 3.5.2 again today and I did not hear any skipping notes when not starting at zero, so it's good to know about this temporary workaround. Every time I started at zero, though, the missing notes issue would be there, so I'm glad a fix is in the pipeline.

I did not hear any skipping notes when looping sections (as long as I didn't start at zero).
by jih64 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:59 am
jpettit wrote

This is my concern.

My humblest apologies, I had a serious brain fade :oops: , the talk about the Start and zero I was applying to the loop itself, and not playback . . . and it just occured me that it was referring to the starting playback[/i] at zero and not the start of the loop.

So to confirm, If I don't start [i]playback
from zero everything seems fine, All good now, back to using 3.5.2 :D (Fingers Crossed)

Apologies once again.

- unknown

32 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2