32 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
When is this going to be fixed?
by marcalbrecht on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:15 am
According to Ari the problem is fixed. As it seems only Facebook is a real support-channel for Studio One, not this forum (which is "user-driven").

With that ... I am out of here, too.

Marc

I'm out. Might have been nice - but some things are not meant to be.
---
using about a dozen different computer systems plus more at client-sites. StudioOne currently used on: Surface2pro (4/128), Troll (i7-6700k/64GB/GTX970/all SSD) and Noise (i7-4770/64GB/GTX970/all SSD), all Win10pro/64 -- IO: NI Komplete Audio 6, Toy-Console: icon Platform m, Keys, Guitars, Bass, dogs, horses and wife uncredited.
by Morticia on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:20 am
marcalbrecht wrote ... As it seems only Facebook is a real support-channel for Studio One, not this forum (which is "user-driven").
Marc

That's simply just not true. I have had issues fixed after posting about them on this forum (the 3.3. x release which prevented my Roland interface from initialising for instance, as well as others).
I have also had support tickets raised via my account on the Presonus site without having to go via Facebook.

Stick to facts please.

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

"The queen of spades is a friend of mine, the queen of hearts is a bitch
someday when I clean up my mind, I'll find out which is which"
Gram Parsons
by Skaperverket on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:34 am
marcalbrecht wroteAccording to Ari the problem is fixed. As it seems only Facebook is a real support-channel for Studio One, not this forum (which is "user-driven").

Marc

Hi. Does Ari say that it's fixed in 3.5.2 or that they've managed to fix it in their office and that we'll see the fix in an upcoming version?

Is this Facebook group something that other people here are using? Is it worth it setting up a fake Facebook account to get access to the real support-channel?

Thanks.
by sirmonkey on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:20 am
Skaperverket wrote
marcalbrecht wroteAccording to Ari the problem is fixed. As it seems only Facebook is a real support-channel for Studio One, not this forum (which is "user-driven").

Marc

Hi. Does Ari say that it's fixed in 3.5.2 or that they've managed to fix it in their office and that we'll see the fix in an upcoming version?

Is this Facebook group something that other people here are using? Is it worth it setting up a fake Facebook account to get access to the real support-channel?

Thanks.

Facebook is evil. They're the worst of the worst when it comes to data mining, and attempting to get you hooked on their gossip. Don't give Facebook your info. While Facebook can be used for good things, Mark Zuckerberg & company will sneakily invade your privacy.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by jpettit on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:32 am
atsmusic wroteWhen is this going to be fixed?

Very soon

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by scottmoncrieff on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:50 am

Marc

Whilst some us here co-exist, both on the forums and FB Presonus group, you will find a greater number of experienced producers / users of Studio One than what you'll find on FB able to help, and in a format that is much better for documenting and displaying at length in a book like format than a notepad format which can be easily lost.

On forums, you can better gauge how experienced a user is both vie their post count and more importantly dialogue with other users when it comes to the technical / technological experience surrounding computers and associated software. FB is more a meeting place for newbies that lack the knowledge, know how and language for anything higher than getting started, novice level really which is fine....but if you want more than that in a documented way other than the manual which doesn't talk back to you, then the forum is the place where you'll find that.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by Tacman7 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:27 pm
I use a lot of midi tracks but haven't been missing notes.

I don't see the platform of the OP in his signature but basic midi tracks going to soft synths works with what I'm using.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by shanabit on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:05 pm
This is an issue here. Notes show in the piano roll but just dont play back.

USE 3.5.1 IF you experience this issue

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by stevenessel on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:13 pm
I am also having this problem and its very frustrating !!! Is there a fix coming some time soon ???
by fnordbak on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:38 pm
scottmoncrieff wrote

Marc

Whilst some us here co-exist, both on the forums and FB Presonus group, you will find a greater number of experienced producers / users of Studio One than what you'll find on FB able to help, and in a format that is much better for documenting and displaying at length in a book like format than a notepad format which can be easily lost.

On forums, you can better gauge how experienced a user is both vie their post count and more importantly dialogue with other users when it comes to the technical / technological experience surrounding computers and associated software. FB is more a meeting place for newbies that lack the knowledge, know how and language for anything higher than getting started, novice level really which is fine....but if you want more than that in a documented way other than the manual which doesn't talk back to you, then the forum is the place where you'll find that.

Agree, but then it is strange that the forum is so hidden. No link from presonus.com as far as I can tell.

Are they planning to phase out the forum like Propellerheads did?

Free VST MIDI Plugins & More http://www.codefn42.com
by jpettit on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:39 pm
stevenessel wroteI am also having this problem and its very frustrating !!! Is there a fix coming some time soon ???
Did you read this thread?

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by scottmoncrieff on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:56 pm
fnordbak wrote
scottmoncrieff wrote
Agree, but then it is strange that the forum is so hidden. No link from presonus.com as far as I can tell.

Are they planning to phase out the forum like Propellerheads did?

This is off topic to the title of this thread, but it's probably a more interesting topic than which has been covered to death already...but...

Propellerhead's decision to wipe out their forum, was one of their many mis-guided decisions in a series of mistakes they did. The props were hammered by the user community when they got things wrong though, so that could be one of the reasons they did away with it, or rather 'someone's' decision. There's probably someone writing a book about it all like the ex-employees of Commodore Amiga. Props loss of a community forum was short lived as it transpired as a new one was setup by a normal Reason user quickly before dooms day, to which the bulk of community moved to. Propellerheads have come to depend on that community forum and are actively conversing with it's users vie it, more than ever..

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind the Presonus forums being somewhat invisible to the average Jo on the street, but it's clearly not made any difference in people not being able to find it...the forum is essentially a focus group, focus groups typically have a better grasp of the software they are testing or using, so I can't envisage the forums going anywhere soon like what the props did with theirs in years past.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by sirmonkey on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:20 pm
As for missing notes, what happens if you...

1. Create a new midi track, duplicate the notes from the problem track, and put them on the new track? First, try this with a totally different VST instrument. Also test it by sending the duplicate track to the original instrument.

2. Put a different VST instrument onto the original track?

Also, any chance you have the velocity of a few notes turned down? And is there any chance that you accidentally have mutes turning on or off? (through automation, that is)

And, do the skipped notes happen for all VST instruments, or just certain ones?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by Funkybot on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:33 pm
Sirmonkey, it seems like the MIDI notes getting dropped is most common when looping MIDI. It's an issue Presonus has acknowledged, so I don't think it's something users necessarily need to troubleshoot at the moment. It's either downgrade to 3.5.1 or wait for the 3.5.3 update.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by sirmonkey on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:10 am
Funkybot wroteSirmonkey, it seems like the MIDI notes getting dropped is most common when looping MIDI. It's an issue Presonus has acknowledged, so I don't think it's something users necessarily need to troubleshoot at the moment. It's either downgrade to 3.5.1 or wait for the 3.5.3 update.

O.K. It then maybe has something to do with looping. I once encountered a similar problem with some other software which involved looping. The error would occur only when a loop was created a certain way. But you could create an identical loop with a slightly different workflow, and not have a problem. For brevity, I'll just say that the problem wasn't fixed in that program, but no biggie for me personally.
However, I still encourage the OP to test my suggestions, and ALSO tell us about how he is looping (if he is) and also experiment with different ways of looping.... and report the results.

by Skaperverket on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:15 am
FWIW on my system it happens without looping. Comes and goes. Sometimes around 20% of notes are skipped. I've noticed that it happened on more than just one track, both while other tracks are recording and not, and perhaps most often after stopping playback and returning all the way to the beginning of the song before pressing play. Rolled back to 3.3.4.
by jpettit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 am
The issue that was addressed only occurred if you started at zero.

See if it occurs if not starting at zero.

by Jemusic on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:10 pm
Starting everything at zero or bar 1 is not smart as we all know. I have a huge external hardware setup and do a lot of external midi sequencing and I have not heard one note being skipped yet! It all works with virtual instruments for me too. Maybe I am lucky in this regard.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by jih64 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:29 pm
The issue occurs for me not starting at zero, plays fine until it loops, then the skipping begins.

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown

32 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2