Discuss Sceptre S6 and S8 here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
My cat decided to use one of my Sceptre S8's this morning as a climbing pole and now there is a tear in the foam surround. Thankfully its just a tear and no material was ripped off, so its not even noticeable unless the speaker is moving. I would like to order a replacement surround from Presonus, but I am unable to speak to a tech until Monday. In the meantime, has anyone here ever repaired a tear in a foam surround? How much will something like this effect the sound of the speaker? I want to fix this the right way. So I'm assuming a direct replacement is the only way to make this good as new. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks

by matthewgorman on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:23 am
If you haven't already, open a support ticket. I don't think you can replace just the surround, I think the entire speaker needs replacement.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by krismiller on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:55 pm
matthewgorman wroteIf you haven't already, open a support ticket. I don't think you can replace just the surround, I think the entire speaker needs replacement.

A surround replacement is what a pro would do. There is no need to replace a perfectly good speaker. If Presonus tells me an entire new speaker needs to be purchased I will definitely never buy another product from them for life. I can replace the surround myself even if I am not provided a direct replacement from them.
by matthewgorman on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:13 am
Good luck. Bear in mind that this is a user forum. Any official response from Presonus would be done via support ticket.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by kaiserwuhow412 on Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:02 pm
Hi, my S6 has the same issue, I wondering know how is it going?
I living in Asia, send the S6 to Presonus is too expensive for me.
May I ask how to repair/replacement the surround, please.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1