Discuss Progression - tab, notation & songwriting for guitar, bass, keyboards and drums
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Why do I have to pay $10,- to transfer my license to another user?

I think Presonus is the only company in the world to charge you for transfering a license! Shame! :x

Studio One Artist with PlugIn extensions
iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB 1333MHz DDR3
Mac OS X 10.12.3
Zoom TAC-2 audio interface
Zoom ZED6FX Mixer
Roland TD-11KV
2BOX Drumit Five - BOSS ME-25
Samson Graphite 49 Keyboard - Ableton Live 9.7
https://myspace.com/aftronics/music/songs
by Skip Jones on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:23 am
It's not punishment. To allow someone, other than the original owner, the rights to all that comes with registering a product it must be properly transferred releasing ownership from the original user to the new user. As this takes administration (therefore cost to PreSonus) they have a reasonable transfer fee. In the case of Progression it is only $10. Not going to break the bank.The fee protects intellectual property rights for software and provides the new owner all the benefits in their account, once registered.

As far as other companies that charge for transfer I give you Pace iLok (therefore Pro Tools) as an example. Cubase as well with e-licenser. There are other companies that do the same.

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear

2 posts
Page 1 of 1