59 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
The AI family...

1) SL mixer "alone"
2) One SL mixer with router for remote control and/or computer via FireWire
3) Two SL mixers cascaded via FireWire (32+32, 32+24, 32+16, 24+24, 24+16, 16+16)
4) SL with factory option card and RM (AVB option card) in direct network connection (no remote control)
5) SL with AVB option card and RM connected via AVB switch in Stagebox Mode
6) SL with AVB option card and RM connected via AVB switch in Remote IO / Monitor Mode
7) One RM mixer connected to computer (FireWire)
8) One or two RM mixers with router for remote control (iPad) and/or controller (CS18)
9) Two RM mixers cascaded via AVB plus router for remote control (iPad or CS18)
10) Two RM mixers cascaded via AVB and wired CS18 using AVB features (talkback, mic/line inputs)

plus network settings (Dynamic IP Mode, Static Self­assigned IP Mode, Static Manual IP Mode)
plus integration of Studio One
plus Dante networking with/without CS
plus firmware updates/upgrades, factory resets, zero out
plus "SL classic" (VSL)

Not complicated...?

:mrgreen:
by roblof on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:21 am
Not compared to programming a vcr back in the days ;-)

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by berdy24 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:32 am
Is there any update for a release date of the stage boxes? I saw a Youtube video on Sweetwater's website stating they were coming.....
by bethlehemchurch on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm
link to video?
by berdy24 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:30 am
At the end of this You tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxn3qJ3s8l0 he stated that stageboxes are coming soon. but with no actual release date.
by jbrudny on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:30 am
Pretty disappointed with what they did with their rack mixer/stagebox. What is disappointing is that they did not put all inputs and outputs on the front of the unit. Also the mix outputs are 1/4". What a huge let down! This means I will have make my own input and output panels for the connections that are on the back. I'm sorry but I think this unacceptable unless presonus also has stageboxes in the works that aren't a fully functioning mixer. I will have to consider selling the SL32.
by Skip Jones on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:57 am
The StudioLive Series III Rack Mixers (Stageboxes) are now on the PreSonus Site. Read all about them here ... https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... ack-Mixers

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by Friedhelm on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:08 am
seems like they are made more with the studio work in mind, the RML series work perfectly in my livesound work...still loving my RM16 :D

SL1602
RM16AI
Nowsonic stage router
StudioOne pro2
mac book pro 2009
ipad4
db technologies DVX 10(2x), DVX8(4x)
db technologies S08(2x)

https://www.waves.com/r/bqvxon
by SwitchBack on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:58 am
jbrudny wrotePretty disappointed with what they did with their rack mixer/stagebox. What is disappointing is that they did not put all inputs and outputs on the front of the unit. Also the mix outputs are 1/4". What a huge let down! This means I will have make my own input and output panels for the connections that are on the back. I'm sorry but I think this unacceptable unless presonus also has stageboxes in the works that aren't a fully functioning mixer. I will have to consider selling the SL32.
I'd say it's a pretty good balance. Most inputs on the front, some on the back for e.g. wireless mic receivers or other stuff you want to keep wired up in your rack. Auxes on the back for the IEM amps/transmitters you want to keep wired up. And all in 2HE to keep things compact. And yes, if you need to have everything on the front then you can do that in 1 or 2HE extra, with the sockets you prefer. It gives you options. Having it all on the front in 3 or 4HE doesn't ;)
by jbrudny on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:15 am
That balance doesn't work for me and looks like presonus has continued to release products that just don't cut it in a pro live sound environment. I will be selling a SL32 if anyone is interested. I am located in Omaha, NE.
by roblof on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:32 pm
It is odd that the sdcard is 2ch only and why is usb only 18x18?!

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by ronron3 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:51 pm
http://www.chucklevins.com/products/pre ... mixer.html
Definitely the end for the RM series ... all the stuff I hoped for the past 3 years, for less money
by martinav on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:19 pm
jbrudny wrotePretty disappointed with what they did with their rack mixer/stagebox. What is disappointing is that they did not put all inputs and outputs on the front of the unit. Also the mix outputs are 1/4". What a huge let down! This means I will have make my own input and output panels for the connections that are on the back. I'm sorry but I think this unacceptable unless presonus also has stageboxes in the works that aren't a fully functioning mixer. I will have to consider selling the SL32.

I got around this problem on my first Presonus 32.4.2 by making "shorties" that were about 10" long and had a 1/4" TRS to XLR. Just as good as if it were XLR on the device. Ok, maybe not just as good, but it sure wasn't a deal-breaker for me. I presume this is not the ONLY issue with you SL32? I hope it wasnt just this that makes you want to sell it.

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by roblof on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:18 am
I just noticed that only the 16r has 18x18 listed for usb. The other two seems to support 40x40 for usb. Typo?

roblof wroteIt is odd that the sdcard is 2ch only and why is usb only 18x18?!

by wahlerstudios on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:57 am
So we are back at the old concept of SLAI consoles and RMAI mixers and their triple functionality as stagebox, monitor mixer and stand-alone mixer. I have always liked this concept of the AI family of mixers. It has worked fine for me and the real benefit was that the RM32AI added 8 input and 6 output channels to my SL2442AI. Just the workflow was sometimes really awful. It got better when AVB I was finally released. It seems that a SL16 can handle 32 channels and 16 auxes, so the combination SL16 and 32R seems to be the "dream team"... ;-)

I re-read this thread and started wondering about the coming "personal monitor mixers". It was said that they will follow the AVIOM tradition, but after the release of the new rack mixers this seems not to be relevant any longer. We will see.
by stingray1122 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:57 am
jbrudny wroteI'm sorry but I think this unacceptable unless presonus also has stageboxes in the works that aren't a fully functioning mixer. I will have to consider selling the SL32.

In Q1 of next year we'll have a total of 5 stage box options. Three rack mixers that can be used as stage boxes were announced yesterday. There are more coming. That's all I can say.

To do the full multichannel SD Card on the rack mixers would have pushed them out of the competitive price range. Only the 16-channel rack mixer is 18x18 USB, the 24 and 32 are 40x40. That's because the DSP in the 16-channel rack mixer is only 16 channels and not the full 32. That's because the 16 only has a single DSP chip instead of 2 in order to hit the competitive price target.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by roblof on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:22 am
Tnx, Ray!

by GaborSchilten on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:02 pm

To do the full multichannel SD Card on the rack mixers would have pushed them out of the competitive price range.

I just got myself the series 3 24R, mainly for Bigband live shows.
Fantastic experience so far. I am convinced the less equipment I bring the less risk of problems I can experience during a live show.
However, this 2 channel recording on SD would Force me to buy a dedicated PC kind of system which I then would need to tell to start recording every time, and to play back for virtual soundchecking.
There must be a better way of doing that. Can't we just enable the multitrack sd recording as a license?
If not, what would you advise as simple as possible to do multitrack recording and virtual soundchecking?

Thanks!
Gabor
by matthewgorman on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:08 pm
GaborSchilten wrote

To do the full multichannel SD Card on the rack mixers would have pushed them out of the competitive price range.

I just got myself the series 3 24R, mainly for Bigband live shows.
Fantastic experience so far. I am convinced the less equipment I bring the less risk of problems I can experience during a live show.
However, this 2 channel recording on SD would Force me to buy a dedicated PC kind of system which I then would need to tell to start recording every time, and to play back for virtual soundchecking.
There must be a better way of doing that. Can't we just enable the multitrack sd recording as a license?
If not, what would you advise as simple as possible to do multitrack recording and virtual soundchecking?

Thanks!
Gabor

For me, the sd card recording is a disaster backup plan. I still use USB to a laptop. I think the SD card limitation is hardware related, so licensing would not be an option.

If I were to build a dedicated rig right now, I would probably get a mac mini and rack mount it. You could use a tablet to remote into the mac, or you could use the capture controls in the UCS app for start/stop recording and virtual sound check.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

59 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3