3 posts
Page 1 of 1
If you want to categorize your (favorite) plug-ins, you can do so with the "preset-method" in the Studio One Browser as follows.

1. Open the Studio One Browser and go to the Files tab.
  2. Create a single folder as home for your plug-ins anywhere you like in the file system. (In the example below I created a Composing folder inside my Studio One Documents folder.)
  3. Create a new tab for that folder. (Right-Click on it and select the corresponding menu item.)
  4. Create subfolders for each category like Synths, Samplers, Compressors, EQs and so on.
  5. Drag an effects plug-in into Studio One and drag it back to one of the category folder you've created in the previous step (drag it from the Insert slot). This will save the current plug-in preset in that folder. So to load a new instance of the plug-in you can now simply drag that preset from the Browser! Right-click on the newly created preset file to rename it.
  6. Same for instrument plug-ins. Drag it into Studio One and drag it back to the corresponding category folder. This can be done either from the Instrument Rack of the Console or from the plug-in window (grab the plug-in name from the top of the window. This should also work for effect plug-ins).

Here's how it looks on my system:

There's also a video available on YouTube by davidvignola where he shows you in detail how to do this (only for FX plug-ins, though):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlxeEZwj6yI

Original thread: http://forumsarchive.presonus.com/posts/list/18421.page

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!
by mike_mccue on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:19 pm
Hi,
Thanks for the helpful tutorial.

I am wondering if there is a way to edit the list that I see in the channel strip on the left margin when I click on the "+ insert" button.

My list is huge and I only use a small number of vsts. I'd like to have access to a list that only has the vsts I use.

The method shown in your tutorial seems very useful but I'd also enjoy being able to access the efx with the existing "+ insert" button in the channel strip.

Thank you.
by sunmachine on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:29 am
mike_mccue wrote I am wondering if there is a way to edit the list that I see in the channel strip on the left margin when I click on the "+ insert" button.

AFAIK this is currently not possible.

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1