Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
How to select all notes in a chord on IOS? I know how to select 1 note but how do I select all the notes in a chord?

MacBook Pro 15 in.  OSX El Capitan
Ver 10.11.6 Notion 5 Logic 9 other DAW's as well.
by robertthompson1 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:13 pm
Why can't I get an answer! :thumbdown:

by Surf.Whammy on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:57 am
robertthompson1 wroteWhy can't I get an answer! :thumbdown:

This is the forum for the full version of NOTION . . .

There is another forum for the iOS version of NOTION . . .

Nevertheless, I have the full version of NOTION and the iOS version of NOTION; so I did a quick experiment where I created a new score with an acoustic guitar (after first downloading the acoustic guitar, since even though I have the iOS version of NOTION, I have never used it until now) . . .

Single note and chord entry is pretty much the same as in the full version of NOTION; and after inputting a chord using the fretboard, I was able to select the chord (all the notes) by tapping on the chord . . .

Then, I discovered how to input more notes, which basically starts by tapping on the beat in the measure where you want to input a new note (or chord) and using the fretboard for input . . .

After there were some chords and single notes, I was able to select among them, which included being able to select notes within a chord . . .

I did this by tapping on the iPad screen with my fingertip . . .

I have used the iOS version of NOTION for about five minutes, so I'm not super proficient in it; but I think it's intuitive . . .

Sometimes, I had to tap more than once or in a slightly different place, but I was able to select a full chord, individual notes, and so forth . . .

If I tap one way, then it moves the green cursor; but if I tap another way, it selects the note or chord and turns it orange with a large "crosshair", which is a visual cue that the note or chord is "captured" and can be moved upward or downward by continuing to press on the screen while dragging upward or downward . . .

So now, I've used it for 10 minutes; and I think that if I use it a while longer, all the tapping, holding, and dragging motions will start becoming intuitive . . .

I also find it helpful to do the two-finger "zoom in" and "zoom out" resizing gestures, since my finger-tapping accuracy is better when the notes are larger . . .

THOUGHTS

Based on using the iOS version of NOTION for about 10 minutes (total) on an iPad (2nd generation), I think the user interface is very intuitive, especially if you have used the full version of NOTION and are proficient in its graphic user interface (GUI), which is mouse and keyboard based primarily, but you also can use a MIDI keyboard . . .

I can't do a video to prove this for the iOS version of NOTION, but after I input the first chord ever, I was able to select all the notes on the chord the first time I tried . . .

If you are having difficulties doing this, then the only thing that comes to mind is that you are doing this on an iPhone rather than an iPod . . .

I don't have an iPhone, so I can't be much help there . . .

The logic here in the sound isolation studio is that if I can run an application for the first time and input a chord successfully, followed by selecting all the notes on the chord on the first try, then this suggests the user interface is intuitive . . .

Keep trying!

It's not that difficult . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by robertthompson1 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:49 am
This is the forum for the full version of NOTION . . .
There is another forum for the iOS version of NOTION . . .

Sorry.
I was able to do it on my iPod mini2 by enlarging and not touching right on the note but a bit off.
Thank you for replying and again my apologies for posting in the wrong section.

by wcreed on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:59 am
>> Why can't I get an answer!

You're posting in the wrong section of the Forum. This is Desktop

Bill Reed
Notion 6, Dorico, StaffPad, Overture , Studio One, Cubase
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM; iPad2; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Forster 190
by robertthompson1 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:14 am
wcreed wrote>> Why can't I get an answer!

You're posting in the wrong section of the Forum. This is Desktop

I know read my last post.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1